Congrats to Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Amazing .. I was at the Pat Ryan playoff win in 86 against the Chiefs. Hard to believe that Namath only had 2 playoff wins and Kenny O had none.

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

He was still 3X better than Rothlissleazebag in his 1st Super Bowl.....

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yup, he played terribly until Peyton fucking Manning put his back against the wall and it was time to win. Then he forgot about everything and said I'm going to play like a fucking Jet and win this one. And he did. Fuck the haters.

4. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Didn't he have a pretty solid second half? The first half was awful, he overthrew almost every pass.

Jets are 23-13 overall and 3-1 in the playoffs in Rex/Sanchez two seasons together.

5. Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake New Member

Like he did when he shoved his dick up the steelers ass's :steelers:

6. Timregan106

Timregan106 Member

Can't post threads so i'll put it here.... Eric Smith deserves a lot of credit tonight, dude had a great game.

7. ........

........ Trolls

I love how people are posting things completely irrelevant to this thread. It's a thread purely about his record as a starter, not about who was most instrumental in his wins.

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I think Sanchez was 9/11 in the 2d half w/1 drop. He struggled in the 1st half, that RZ INT was terrible, but was good in the 2d half. He is 3-1 in the postseason and he's improving.

#48 AbdulSalam, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Actually its pretty sad that after 50+ years this franchise had to wait until now to have that statistic. That being said, this is a new era of Jets football. I like not being the doormat of the AFC anymore. I hope it continues.

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Let's just ask this question. If Sanchez does not complete those three passes on the last drive in the last minute, does the performance of the Jets defense or running game result in a win? I don't think so. And if he doesn't call and complete that last pass to Edwards, does Folk hit a 49-50 yard field goal to win? Who knows, but he did hit the chip shot because Sanchez and Edwards put him close.

Would some of you want a QB who puts up great numbers for 58 minutes but can't win a game when it counts or our QB who has led the team to 4-5 wins in the closing minutes or in OT just this year?

Pennington put up great numbers as a Jet. High completion perecentage, great TD to Int ratio, very few red zone turnovers. Yet he was villified on this board for years for not being able to bring the team from behind late in the game. Now we have a QB whose numbers aren't that great, whose completion percentage is relatively low, who does not have a good career TD to Int ratio. Yet he produces game winning drives.

What do you people want - stats or wins? I'll take the wins, thank you.

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I just love some of the self righteous bullshit in this thread. The Steelers won a Championship in spite of their QB, with the help of the refs. You think they are giving back that one?

He plays well when the chips are on the table. He doesn't get enough help from the OC. Jesus christ Jets fans are the most self loathing pieces of shit I have ever seen. They won, he wasn't at his best but they fucking won.

#51 Miamipuck, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  12. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

3 is the record? Didn't know that wow.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The kid was what, 9-12 in the second half?

14. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Post of the Year....thank you.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

All 3 playoff wins on the road.

That's fantastical.

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Bingo... best paragraph in the thread.

I could care less about completion %, TD's or yards. Obviously if he is turning the ball over that is bad but all I care about are those big shiny W's.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

When it fucking counted, he came to fuckin play. Great post bro.

18. gammatec

gammatec Member

Clutch is what separates the men from the boys.

19. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I don't care what Sanchez did for 90% of the game, in the end he did enough to win. To be honest, I was terrified he was going to throw a game-ending pick on that last drive, but he came through (again!), and I'm proud of him for that.

20. HighFlyingJets

When we drafted Sanchez last year, we traded up for a potential franchise quarterback. After two years in the league, there is no question about it; the Jets drafted a franchise QB. Sanchez is a winner, and he's also a young QB that we can build our offense around for many of years to come.

Sanchez is 3-1 during the playoffs. Has beat QB's such as Palmer, Rivers and now Manning. Last year, Sanchez played lights out during the playoffs, and tonight? He came up huge during a clutch game winning drive. He led the Jets into FG range with the pressure on; when it mattered the most.

How many 4th quarter, game winning drives does Sanchez have this year? 4? Tonight he did it against the defending AFC champions.

Thank you Sanchez. I believe in this kid.