# 5 seed vs 6 seed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Jan 1, 2011.

1. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

+1 to the "you're a pussy" contingent

2. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

everyone wants to avoid the patriots, it's just a matter of who's being honest about it

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Avoiding teams is poppycock. There's no such thing as an easy road to the Super Bowl.

You play the hand your dealt......no team is invincible. Ask the 2007 Giants.

4. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Fixed that, just in case mods can't use colorful language

#24 jets&rushfan, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The question is what does it matter if we play the Pats in the 2nd round or the AFC Title Game? They've shredded the Steelers already so we'd still have to beat them to get to the Super Bowl. The goal isn't to avoid the Pats it's to beat the Pats.

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Lets talk about having a great week against KC or Indy. Our team is flat and there is no fire in our play like we had last year(defensively). Honestly id rather play indy first because that will better prepare us for the pats.

#26 Burnz, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Maybe we can back into the Super Bowl?

8. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

You're not getting around playing good teams but you still want the easiest path to the Superbowl. I'm rooting for KC this weekend so Baltimore and Indy can battle it out with someone getting knocked out early.

9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Don't matter either way. If this team has plans on winning the superbowl they better be prepared to beat the pats.

10. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

we might as well just play them 2nd rd and get it over with

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I just don't want to have to face them when they're coming off a bye. You probably have to go into NE to get to the superbowl, but facing them coming off a bye week is a tremendous disadvantage. Seems like Rex doesn't care though, so we'll almost certainly be the #6.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's a very good point but you'd have to hope that with a young cast of players they'd lose some of that momentum that they have carried since the Cleveland game.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

im not so certain a pass rush of ANY kind will get to brady with his quick 2-step drops and dump off passes they feast on.

the answer may not be in a dominate pass rush but in dominate schemes that jam receivers and fool brady long enough for the standard 3-4 man rush to get there.

playing 7-8 DB's in a tight zone defense and rushing 3-4 lineman.

linebackers are almost useless against the pats. they'll never get to brady in time and they cant cover the quick slant passes, RBs and TEs.

i'd play 4 DB's, 4 safties, and 3 lineman. i think that's why rex is keen on playing wilson this week and bringing that other db up from the practice squad.

14. FlightBoys

FlightBoys Member

If the Jets want to make it to the Super Bowl, we are going to have to make it past New England one way or another. I do believe Rex will prepare the team good if we do play them.

15. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Huh... you are advocating 8 DBs? ...with 4 of them being shitty Safeties?? ...and 0 LBs???

We could rush for 5-6 yards EVERY down... and brady would literally have 5 minutes to throw the ball

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Not every time, but certainly the last time. We looked like we pooped our pants the second things went bad.

10 days to prep for that game....a shot to finally overtake the Pats......a chance to prove dominance in the division.....a shot at the top seed in the AFC........everything we thought this year would be, and we were the drizzling sh*ts.

I'd like to avoid them as long as possible, especially off a bye, and especially in NE.

17. theyankees-jetsfan23

Funny... because the Giants D-Line that year was unstoppable

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yet they were the 5th seed entering the playoffs that year.

The Giants' road through the playoffs was no tougher that what the Jets will be facing in a few weeks.

19. Amaru

Amaru Well-Known Member

I have hard time understanding the mentality of the fans who want to avoid the Patriots.

The only way to make up for our blow out loss to the Pats is to beat them in the playoffs. To those of you arguing that winning the Super Bowl is more important than avenging a regular season loss, I say that winning the Super Bowl will be so much sweeter if we beat the Pats along the way. In fact, unless we beat them, even if we do win the Super Bowl, part of me will always question whether the Pats are better.

20. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Time and time again I watched the Colts and Peyton Manning fly through the regular season with the best offense and a mediocre defense only to get punched in the mouth in the playoffs. Same with the Chargers, and the funny thing is they got beat by the Patriots who had a good defense. Well this year its the Pats turn to learn that offense only wins in the regular season.