Fed up with the cockiness and arrogance

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JFToLong, Dec 27, 2010.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

To add to that train of thought, Rex is 2-2 vs. Brady & Bellichick so far. Both of the wins were at home, but he is .500 against them.

It's hard to imagine us beating them with our lack of pass rush atm though.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

It's very hard to imagine but crazier things have happened and I don't have the need for the emotional safety net of expecting a loss but hoping to be wrong. If they could ever get the offense and defense to both play well on the same day they could beat anyone.

3. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

indeed sir!! The ravens had them but couldn't close out, and the Colts fell just short as well this season up there in new England. They can be beat.
    Whoever does though will have to play as close to a flawless game as possible.

4. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

right here qft...just because someone is critical of their team doesnt mean they arent fans. people are critical of their kids does that mean they dont love them

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I have a feeling Rex and co have some defensive tools in their back pocket if we meet a team like the Pats or Colts in the playoffs. Teams have been doing the same thing against the Jets D - protect against the rush, wait for 3 seconds, find open receiver or TE. I'm hoping that Rex and Pettine drew up something recently and are saving it for the playoffs so teams don't have time to scheme for a new look D.

Wishful thinking and conjecture I guess but you never know...

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

We are in the playoffs and have a chance to win the superbowl what the fuck were you expecting at this point. If we had a couple more wins do you think they would have jsut handed us the lombardi in December? This thread belongs after we lose in the playoffs not now you fucktard.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I can agree here. I really don't see the need for realism in rooting for a sports team to win. I didn't become a fan to be right, I became a fan to cheer.

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Anyone else notice that jerseyjet has spent the majority of his time in the past two days following jftolong from thread to thread yelling him how right he is?

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Summation of thread and some lame Jets fans....

"Jets made the playoffs, but I am not happy how they made it in"

Who was the poster who said if a Jet fan found a pile of ten dollar bills laying in the street, they would be mad it wasn't 50s?

10. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

This team has lost 3 of the last 4 and the defense and coaching staff look lost. You're not even the least bit concerned?

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I will worry about week one of the playoffs. It's a whole new season. Enjoy the games, you can't worry about that.

12. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

meh, it's a new lease on life I'll give you that. as long as they learn from their mistakes and play better, anything is still possible. that defense has to step up and the offense has to keep it going.

13. molewis

molewis New Member

"Those who honestly think we have a chance in hell of beating the Patriots in NE after the 45-3 shellacking we took are pure homers."

Of course the Jets can beat the Pats in NE in the playoffs. 25-30% odds. The biggest advantage the Jets have is that none of the talking heads will give them a chance. So they can play loose with nothing to lose. Worked for the Jints.

14. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

You guys made the playoffs...who cares about the rest of the crap?

We on the other hand are boring as hell and have a moron who fist pumps at freaking field goals...

15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Every team has something to be concerned about. 31 teams aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year. These are good times, we should enjoy them.

16. dex13

dex13 New Member

The problem with comparing the 28-14 win vs 45-3 loss is that the Pats reworked the entire offense between these two times. Maroney was the starting RB and Moss was the go to guy. The Pats got rid of the 2007 offense and reinstalled the 2004 offense. Mankins also rejoined the line. Huge difference in results. Now, could the Jets step it up come playoff? Maybe, but they are starting to resemble the Chargers...a team better at talking than walking.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Laurence Maroney was traded to Denver on 9/14.

The Patriots at Jets game was played on 9/19.

Kevin Faulk started the 9/19 game. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Sammy Morris, and Fred Taylor were the substitute RBs for the Patriots that afternoon.

18. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

The first Jets game I ever attended was the Marino fake spike. After that disappointment, the Kotite era, then coming so close under Parcells, I can honestly say that I've never felt more optimistic about my team then now under Rex. Did this year play out exactly as I'd hoped? Not at all, but we're in the postseason, and the future for the franchise has never looked brighter.

19. Mossachusetts

Mossachusetts Banned

I agree, lose say nothing, win say even less.

20. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

What does this mean? In the playoffs with a loss and it is not looking good from a team perspective. The thing is, anything can happen now and if we go to KC I think the Jets match up well...but say we end up in NE for the AFC Championship...what have you seen since the 45-3 loss that would lead you to believe the Jets can go back to NE and win?