J-E-T-S vs. K.C then N.E

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rod_2, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Rod_2

Rod_2 Member

Looks like it'll be Kansas city is up first in Kansas City.
    Stop the run and thier done.
    Then we got the fags from up north.
    How do we win this game in n.e?
    Revis on branch, Cro on hernadez, Lowery or wilson on welker with a little help, bracket grokowski, saftey in the box for woodhead. Everybody press.

Anyone?

2. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

pray that Brady has a bad day, but with him just setting the record for most attempts without a INT that doesnt look likely. With the way Brady is playing right now, that team is unstoppable

3. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Have Brady taken out by the Irish mob.I have some connections!

4. benhamean

benhamean Member

Matt Cassell is playing pretty damn well- and Bowe is showing himself to be a beast. The ground game is tops in the league on top of it.

I wouldn't poopoo KC, especially at Arrowhead.

5. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

i would rather the scenario where we get the 5 and still play KC. Then we get the Ravens if we win. A lot needs to go right for us though, including beating Buffalo.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Do not look past KC, they are almost identical in stats to the Jets, this game will come down to coaching and turnovers.

7. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Has KC even lost at home? And lets not look past Cassel. He has had a great season and if Cutler can pick us apart for 38 Cassel may put up 50. Not to mention the past two weeks we can't even stop the run and now we face arguably the best running attack in the league. This will not be easy.

8. Rod_2

Rod_2 Member

Tru.
    k.c will be a dog fight. But i'm rolling with the Green.
    If they can figure how to stop a TE and stop their run. I think they should advance in physical game.

9. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

We don't know who the Jets will be playing in round 1 yet. KC and Indy can both still be either the #3 or #4 seeds depending on what happens next week, and the Jets can also move up to #5 depending on next week's games. Lets discuss this after the bills game when we know for sure.

10. benhamean

benhamean Member

Nope, KC is 7-0 at home this year. I am buying into that team after weeks of resisting it- they have some 'for real' to them.

11. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

The way this defense is currently playing, we won't have a chance in K.C.

This could be a one and done year. I don't like backing into playoffs, I'd rather earn our way in.

12. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Everyone's bitching about the defense so I checked where we're ranked: 4th. Don't think the defense can't shutout the Chiefs in the first round.

13. HOI

HOI Active Member

anyone who thinks were gonna walk into arrowhead against a GOOD Chiefs team and just walk through them is out of their fucking minds. Cassell is playing lights out, Bowe is a beast, they have the best run O in the league, and we've proven that our pass D has more holes than the Iraqi Navy. Plus that stadium is going to be fucking rocking all game. Ive heard players say thats one of the hardest places to play on the road when the fans are pumped up.

Also...if we continue to use LT on a constant basis we're fucked anyway.

14. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

The good news is no one will be picking us to win a game this year sort of like it was last year and we seem to play well as the dog. If we get past KC I would love to get another shot at New England. Do I think we would win? Nothing we have done recently makes me believe we would but every guy in that locker room will work his ass off for that week knowing how embarrassed we were last time.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The defense has recorded zero shutouts in 2010. I don't think they could shut out any playoff team, even the Rams/Seahawks winner. Rex did well disguising our lack of a natural 4 man pass rush in 2009 with exotic blitzes, but smoke and mirrors only work until you know they are there.

Teams are picking a lot of those blitzes up now, and their QBs are having enough time to wait out the coverage to find the weak man, be it Lowery, Coleman or Pool.

Unless Rex has some new exotic tricks up his sleeve to apply true pressure late in games to opposing QBs, we're going to get handled in the playoffs.

16. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

i hope your wrong

17. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

With our lack of a pass rush, we are ripe to get ripped by any team in the playoffs, we will get carved

18. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Even if we got in after a loss, you can't "back in" in week 16. Frankly, I'd rather get in with a loss in week 16 than have the Jaguars win yesterday and have to "earn" our way in by beating Buffalo.

Agreed--to be honest, I'd prefer to go to Indy in the first round. Sure Manning's scary, but the Chiefs have a ton of weapons and a legit defense.

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

we are prob gna play indy not kc

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Trent Dilfer (for whatever it's worth) was just on ESPN. He also thinks the Jets match up favorably with the Chiefs. I could definitely see us losing that one, but it probably gives us the best chance to get to the next round.

I think Peyton would carve us up again.