Fed up with the cockiness and arrogance

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JFToLong, Dec 27, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

That didn't take long.

2. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I only lived the 80s and 90s, but that was more than enough. Hell, there was a time when 6-10 or 8-8 was considered a good year for us, and 4-12 was treated with the shrug of the shoulders. This post is spot on.
    For any of you naysayers...read my post on the previous page.

3. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

its great to have a superbowl mentaility, but our jets lived the superbowl or bust.

We have many guys on one year contracts that we will not be able to keep them all. Cro, Holmes, Edwards, Harris. We will not be able to keep them all. Not to mention that our D is already full of aging stars. Jenk Scott Ellis Taylor. This team has more problems than I can count. The jets have a young qb but this team is going to get worse around him over the next few years.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not sure if the OP was looking for out of a 2year HC and staff. We've made the playoffs two years running and given our history, I'll take it anyday. That Rex is the biggest homer this side of FiremanEd is what you'd like to hear out of the HC, he could dial the noise down a bit with the constant distractions.

I think we've been spoiled by our success. We have a kid QB, a 2nd year HC, a inconsistent OC and an aging D and still Rex has a winning record. Give the man time to grow into the position and I think we'll see a reduction in all the off-field BS. Just remember that for all of Rex's boasting about the SB, all he has to do is be right about it one time..

5. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

oh don't get me wrong, im not defending herm, but it's just odd that people keep forgetting we made back to back playoff appearances less than 10 years ago. i'll take rex over herm and mangini in an instant.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

They keep at least a few of those guys and for all we know about the new CBA they could keep them all. The offense is full of youth and the defense needs to to get some youth infused into it.

Will they make the playoffs every year Rex is coach? Unlikely, but this team will at the very least be in the PO hunt moving forward and depending on how they re-load the defense this offseason could get stronger moving forward.

7. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

we can say that but can he deliver is the question. With the pats having 234902384 draft picks and a team thats poised to be the number one seed yet again what are we to do?

Sign more mediocre free agents and hype them up?

8. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

After reading your posts, I'm pretty sure that u are not hoping for success. Go cheer for the giants, they set and lived up to low expectations.

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

No, that is why you draft and sign new players. Look at the Patriots almost their entire defensive unit add receivers, RB, TE's are new - have they gotton worse or better than a year ago?

I believe the Jets find a way to sign either 3 or ALL of the guys you mentioned about contracts. I think you can bank on Harris and Cro being resigned, I would prefer them to take Edwards if it is only one of the WR's.

The aging guys you mentioned on D :

Jenks is gone and we have played two years without him forget it.
    Taylor - is a small role player, not a big factor if lost
    Ellis is a grey beard - one of my favorites on this roster but he will not be that difficult to replace at his current production - it would probably be an upgrade (not downgrade) if replaced.
    Scott - I am not sure, he seems to have lost a step - getting a FASTER inside LB who can cover is needed.

This team is still only a couple of players from becoming real good on the defensive side. We have not had a real pass rusher in ages, if this team can somehow make the right decision or get lucky and find one later in the draft (they are not always , top 5 picks) - the defense would look a whole lot different.

10. ukilledkenny

Worry about what the Jets can do and stop worrying about how the Pats run their team would be my suggestion.

11. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

Agreed that I'd prefer Edwards to be the wr we resign, if we have to choose. I think Holmes is the better wr, but Edwards size and athleticism make him more valuable IMO. That said I hope we keep them both, along w. Harris, Cro, and B Smith.

12. benhamean

benhamean Member

Every coach has this.

No other coach has Rex's mouth, apparent desire for media love and scrutiny, and brash (at times idiotic- the Rob wig) showmanship.

To some, this is embarrassing- particularly if this whole circus doesn't end with a SB win. If you win it's 'eccentric'. If you lose, you're clowns.

I think that's what the OP was trying to say.

13. ukilledkenny

If you get embarrassed in life by a team that you root for and have no control whatsoever over your probably taking your entertainment far too seriously. Football is still entertainment and not something we judge our self worth on... right?

14. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

Exactly!!!

I have never felt so disconnected with my fellow jets fans as I am now.

15. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I don't know. Talk no talk does it really make that much of a difference? What matters is can you motivate these guys, can you call the right plays at the right time, can you use your personnel to the best of its ability, can you evaluate talent, can you take advantage of opponents weaknesses, can you contain their strengths, and most importantly can you win games. Rex has had some ups and downs but for the most part he is proved so far to be pretty adept at most of the things that really count. To me produce on the field and play well in the post season and it doesn't matter how you go about doing it.

16. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

I agree 100% with your sentiment.

What I will say though is everyone is entertained differently.

I am not entertained by the stupid talk which is NOT backed up on the field.

17. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

great post by the OP...unless your sucking rex's nads and proclaiming the jets a super bowl team on this board you're a troll

18. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

oh my god give it up already

19. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

You clearly are not a jetsfan, maybe that's where the disconnect comes from.

20. ukilledkenny

I think the key is not taking him or anything else that seriously. During the game I get emotional and say some of the same stupid shit that I then make fun of on this board. Outside of that 3 hour window once a week football isn't something I can take that seriously, especially some of the stuff that comes out of Rex's mouth, it is just entertainment.

I love to come on here and shoot the shit about the Jets when I don't have anything better to do but I can't get emotional about this stuff on a Monday morning when I am sitting in my warm house completely snowed in. Life could be far worse than this.