Rex doubts uh oh...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jet Blue, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

And I'll buy that 100%......

Fine. I only put it out there for discusion... Not to put myself as some kind of anti-Rex crusader......

It can be interpretated a few ways.... I'm just hoping rex learns to be a lot more confident and a few steps ahead on his sideline decision making real soon.

2. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i don't believe i ever said he was a bad coach. i did say so far his game management and team management has been lacking. if i'm wrong it's not by much because i'll not bring up every incident or miss call or the disfunction of this season as far as off the field incidents have gone.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Funny how you go overboard with criticism like Rex has regressed, isn't a good head coach or doesn't have the requisite skills to be a head coach, lacks leadership........yada yada yada. Then you step back and claim you are being rational about it, while others are on "Rex's nuts".

Maybe just maybe they know he has the perfect skillset to be a head coach but has just made mistakes along the way.

Big fucking difference from what you were saying earlier.......

I don't know how you can say he lacks leadership in getting a team to an 10-4 record with a sophomore QB that is, at most, a few steps above horseshit, for long periods of time.......

Also Belichick wasn't a natural. He was a work in progress, a long long work in progress.

Indecisiveness may or may not be correct. It looks like he trusts the people around him and takes the time to get input from many of them before he makes a decision.

Belichick used to do the same thing. However, most of his senior guys are now coaching elsewhere.

Before you tell me I am all over Rex's nuts. He has made plenty of mistakes and I am not very happy (to put it mildly) about those creepy foot video's either. Also he does bare responsibility for the dysfunction of the offense and in game management.

All I ever see Rex do, is accept responsibility for all the ills of the team. He then promise's to learn, get better and fix those problems. Generally speaking, he has lived up to those promises. That sounds like a pretty damn good leader to me........

Rex's positives are way way way more than his negatives at this point.

#163 Miamipuck, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  4. billo83

billo83 Member

I think you are going overboard with the 4th down call though. Saying Rex is not good at clock management and has had some brain farts in game manangement is fair as well as debatable. But to nitpick on this one thing is a little crazy IMO. I just watched the Inside the NFL clip and clearly Rex is shouting Go For It before Braylon even comes around. So it's not like BE changed his mind or anything. I don't see any problems with consulting with your OC, nor asking for measurement to see how far you have to go.

I just don't see what the big deal is with this.

5. John127

John127 New Member

Believe me, I have many issues with Rex too! Some of his game management decisions have been ridiculous, so I can sorta understand why your mind went where it did when you watched that exchange.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Me neither.

There's nothing wrong with questioning how well Ryan is doing with game management, but overreacting is not a good idea.

7. billo83

billo83 Member

If his game and team management skills are lacking while winning more regular season games than last year with more injuries and a tougher schedule, then I hope these skills get worse and worse!

8. skeleton_frames

I was about to start typing my answer when I saw it represented here.

I lump Rex in with Sanchez. Both young at their respective jobs, doing a good job overall with massive potential. They both know they have to be better and I am confident that they will be.

9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Agreed

Because we've had access to Rex lke no other coach ever (esp.w/ Hard Knocks), the uninitiated act like he's the first coach ever to face these decisions. Every other coach has gone through these ( game related) coaching decisions and has had a learning curve. He is the victim of more nit-picking than any coach I've every seen. Why is every Jet victory critiqued for style-points?

Most of us like what we see. If the constant attacks on him keep up, then his margin for succes will be so slim, and we run a real risk of losing him in a reactionary firing (Do you put that past a panicking Woody?)

How will we feel when he wins the SB with another team.

10. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

ROTFL.....

Some of you are just a hoot with the thinly disguised attacks...

"The Uninitiated".... Really???? Puhlease.... Lets not compare Football resumes here..

CUZ I'LL BLOW YOU OUT OF THE WATER KID AND EAT YOU FOR LUNCH!!!!!!!!....

:kidding:

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Wow, what an explosive thread! Rex has things to learn about how to coach on gamedays in terms of managing the offense and clock management. Stunner.

I love Rex, and I wouldn't trade him for anyone not named Bellichick, but if you can't see some flaws in how he coaches, you're either naive or dumb. He's a great coach in a number of facets, but he has some flaws he needs to improve upon.

12. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Hey Sorry... no offense!

But I'm definitely not a kid

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I'm starting to doubt you.

14. capetide

capetide Banned

I suppose that's better than playin eeney, meeney, miney, moe on his toes.

15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

i played the game, son.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Like somebody said, "Fortunately, the benefit of being really stupid is that you generally don't know it, must be an evolutionary defense mechanism, so someone who would start such a thread as this and then defend it doesn't possess the ability to feel stupid about it."

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Some of you guys are seriously overanalyzing 2 seconds of football video. They went for it, it was a successful and Footsy made the right call. He's 10-4 and his team is playing the best football they have played all year after hitting a rough patch.

When they knock Chicago out of the 2 seed this weekend and go to 11-4 there will still be nutjobs on here complaining.

18. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

unfortunately you're right. there might be complaining after a superbowl win.
    it happens all the time on a yankee board i have posted on for years. over the top negativity, it is a headache.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

so much wrong with the assumptions being made here. We don't know what the guys upstairs are saying in his ear while Braylon is talking, we don't know how they gameplanned for this situation, we don't know how well we practiced during the week during this situation, etc. Jesus, 10-4 with the coach's wife's crotch all over the internet. Some of you mopes deserve a lifetime of Lou Holtz.

20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

LOL... "Someone" posted THAT.

How Ironic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.