Fundamental difference between the Jets and Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Dec 20, 2010.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

We scored 22 points against the Steelers. Guess how many teams scored more than that against the Steelers this ENTIRE SEASON ? Just one, the Patriots.

I understand they were missing Polamalu and that would of made a huge difference. But I still think its a step in the right direction especially after the drought weve had.

2. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Which is unbelievable to me. I think he was one of the greatest coaches of our time. I always said I would have taken him in a heartbeat. Giants fans wanted him and eli out half way through the year that they won the superbowl. Fucking old fart giants fans.

3. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Come on Don. Really? The NE loss was more embarrassing than the fake
    Spike game?

4. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I thought the difference was that the Jets win games in the last minute and the Giants don't.

5. pittsburghpats

pittsburghpats New Member

Naturally,

The reason the Jets defense would not have collapsed is due to the fact that with 8 minutes to go; Vick would have already put up 30-35 points and they would be running out the clock.

That's the strategy the Jets employed to not collapse against the Patriots.

The Giants collapse was all on coaching and a failure to make proper adjustments. Failure to adjust more toward what the Bears did against Vick (contain him) opened up the game to big plays.

6. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

Lol yeah we got killed in the 2nd game against the pats. other then that our D has been top notch and has closed out many games

week 2 4th quarter against the pats, jets up 14-21 and NE driving in the red zone, taylor sacks brady and forced fumble. jets frecover the fumble go on to drive down the field and score on offense and win 28-14

week 3 against miami, Miami is in the red zone with a chance to tie it on a TD and the jets stop them for the victory in the final minutes

week 5 against minn, jets up 22-20 with 2 minutes left. brett favre has 1 last chance to put together a game winning drive and lowery gets a pick 6 making it 29-20 jets win

week 6 Jets go up 24-20 on Denever with a late TD. kick the ball abck to Denver jets D recovers a fumble from a bad snap on denver to ice it

week 15 Jets were up 5 on Pitt, Pitt got all the way to the jets 9 yard line with 9 seconds left giving them 2-3 shots at the end zone to win. jets D holds up and they win.

Jets D has been clutch this year. and other then the Pats game the jets never got blown out

7. pittsburghpats

Good ole Week 2/3/5
    :rofl2:

Again, go back to the origional comment and thread topic.

You do realize that Pittsburgh offense that went up and down the field could only come up with 1 TD in their last 2 games because they were on the Baltimore 9? The Bengals defense essentially shut them down.

You can't seriously believe the Steelers would have even sniffed 17 points against the Giants defense?

That is the difference betwwen the Giants and Jets.

8. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I hope the giants keep him, I just love "the Tom Coughlin Face." :rofl2:

[​IMG]

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

You mean the Ravens/Bengals were able to shut big ben down when he was half crippled coming with a sprained foot, protective boot, and they pretty much broke his face on the first play of the game ?

I guess the Jets are screwed this week since the Bears were able to shut down Joe Webb and Toby Gerhart last night !

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

No way Revis would cover Jackson, that would be all Cro.

11. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

Really?
    Giants allow 20.6 PPG (13th)
    Jets Allow 18.5 (5th)

Also lets be a little realistic here
    The giants numbers are skewed a bit by facing alot of back-up QBs from Charlie Whitehurst, to Todd collins, to Jimmy Clauson, to John Kitna

Jets have allowed 24 or more points only twice this year once to hou and once to NE.

Giants Defense has allowed 24+ 6 times this year
    twice against dallas, indy, twice against philly, and Ten

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit about the Giants? I'm glad they beat the Pats in the superbowl 4 years ago. Other than that, they're irrelevant to me.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Don't pay attention to that guy....

He's by far the least knowledgeable Pats troll that comes around as often as him.

All Pats fans seem to forget that beating us in our 2nd matchup just tied the series.

He knows nothing of the Jets, and even less about the Giants. Again where was this guy when we were in first place all year?

not worth your time.

14. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums it up

15. steves850

steves850 Active Member

How come this douche hasn't been banned yet? I mean if not for tolling how about for saying stupid crap with no basis in truth??

16. Jetsfaninva

Jetsfaninva New Member

Man,,

who cares about the giants.

17. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

everyone in a tizzy becuase of the Jets O. Its middle of the road.

got good receivers, a decent serviceable QB (who comes up with a bif play now and then) who on a regular Basis is inaccuarate with his throws (50% passing ain't gonna do it), good O line, TE who's got good but not great hands, on old Hall of Fame RB in his last seasons and a young RB who while a tough hardnosed runner; coughs up the ball a little too much for my liking. Oh and a wildcat QB, who makes an occasional play.

did I miss anything? middle of the road.

Lam

18. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

The difference, at least recently, is the Giants have lost some absolutely humiliating, embarrassing home games lately. From blowouts last year like Philly, New Orleans, and Carolina (in their last game in GIANTS stadium no less) to the Cowboys slapping them around in their house in Garrett's first game and Sunday's epic choke job, it's obvious that the Giants are not always up for the fight like Rex's Jets are. 45-3 was a disaster but that's one game in nearly two seasons, and it didn't take place at home.

19. pittsburghpats

C'mon man

Even you can't be that bad

What, Ben's ankle magically healed on Saturday?

What kind of :breakdance:reality are you in?

Here's a hint. Giants defense> Bengals defense

Bengals defense shuts down Steelers. Jets get run over

Simple logic over swagger

20. pittsburghpats

"TOLLING" from me?

I assume it's just a typical JEST fan that would ask.

Hard to ban someone for "trolling" when they are the contributor with the most intelligent and insightful posts.