Will we make the playoffs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ajetsfan4ever, Dec 13, 2010.

?

WILL WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

1. YES

77.1%
  2. NO

22.9%
  1. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

your forgetting jax/colts still have to play each other, and there both behind us right now.

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

We put up 6 points against the Dolphins. THE FUCKING DOLPHINS.

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

That takes care of one of those teams, the problem is if we go 10-6 and San Diego does NOT win the AFC West we would lose out to them on a tiebreaker and the Ravens beat us directly.

If the Jets win 11 (or 12) games, they won't want either Jacks or SD in the playoffs (may have to play them), but right now, they have to pull for them to win their divisions.

We can't beat the Ravens tied for a playoff spot. And a Western Division team at 10-6 beats us too if it's SD (not sure about KC).

Indy loses to Jax, then that seals us in the South......but if Indy wins out, Jax could be another problem at 10-6 for the WC.

4. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

The Jets are going to the playoffs. The way they are going to do it however will not be pretty. Who am I kidding it will be a picture of pure beauty. Their backs were up against the wall this time last year and this time around they have a little breathing room. They will be fine.

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

we are now the 6 seed

6. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I voted "Yes". Not because I am confident in the team, but just because I think it is bad karma to vote "No". I am hopeful that one of these next two games results in a win and gets some kind of momentum back.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

the 20 names that chose NO don't surprise me.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'll take the Chargers again because Norv is terrible in January.

Its the top 2 teams plus Baltimore that the Jets can't seem to beat. Everyone else won't be a problem.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I think we lose the next 2 but beat the Bills. I'm getting scared of the potential tiebreakers.

It would be classic Jets to beat the Steelers or Bears on the road, then lose to the Bills at home to end it.

I'm hoping for 3-0 though.

10. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

i think the best shot the jets have is Chicago and Buffalo - win those last two Chicago...like the Jets...are built on a foundation of a soft schedule. They don't score much and if their defense isn't on their game they have no shot. The Steelers game Sanchez needs to play a turnover free game and I just don't know if he can do that. He will be able to take a shot or two deep and that has to happen early to slow down the Steelers pass rush. Revis has to make an impact play this season at some point doesn't he? I don't recall his name being called on defense at all - INT, Sack, coming on a run blitz...anything. Throw him on Hines Ward and see what happens with the Steelers offense.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

So in a span of 7 days we've gone from the #1 seed to the #6 seed.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

fuck yeah we will.

13. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

I love the enthusiasm. Fuckin' wreck the Steelers.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I wouldn't have a problem with that.

The Jets would have 11 wins and would then play the Chiefs/Jags.

Fine with me.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Pretty shitty.

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Just wait for another loss so GSourJr. can show up, vote "no" and then tell us why he knew it all along.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Nothing makes this site worse than the dopes who only come here when the Jets have tough losses, start threads that are purely retarded and then leave and wait for the next tough game to do the same thing.

I wish thread creating privileges could be revoked by the mods. If you don't have coherent thoughts, then you don't get to make threads. They can post in the other threads made by those with a brain.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I would normally lean toward that sentiment but your way works too.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I guarantee we are in the playoffs!!

If not I'll pose for a picture in a dress holding a fuck you koz sign.

20. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

Playoffs?!?! You kidding me with this thread?!? PLAYOFFS!! Lets just hope we can win a game a first.

lol but seriously we would have to win another conference game pitt or bills. Thatd put us at 8-4. KC is at 5 loses in the conference so one more loss (at rams which they will lose then vs titans then vs raiders) so we wont have to worry about them.
    Then even if the chargers win out and finish with 6 loses they would win the division with there better conference record. Now the dolphins have 5 losses in the conference so they cant win a tiebreaker over us. That leaves either the jaguars and the colts. If the jags beat the colts this week then the colts have 7 loses they are done. If not we have a better common opponent record with the colts cuz we beat the pats and texans.

So if worse comes to worse and we lose the next 2 games we just have to beat the bills to get in. It wont come to that we will beat pitt or chicago and the bills.