I'm not convinced the guy tripped the Dolphins player (Suspended W/O Pay For Season)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaZeus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Let me make this easier for you. One incident effected an NFL game, the other did not. A coach attempting to injure an opposing player during an NFL game is much more egregious in terms of the NFL and the Jets.

An idiot player drinking and driving is stupid, but has nothing to do with the game.

2. llamablaster

llamablaster New Member

Hi, Jets fans! Raven fan dropping back in. Just wanted to stop by and see what you fellows thought about the incident. Glad to see that most of you agree it was a classless move.

It has nothing to do with Mike Vick or any player. He's a coach. He interfered with a game and that's unacceptable. I think he should be fired and while he may be allowed to work for an NFL organization again, I'm not sure he should be allowed on an NFL sideline anymore. He's broken that trust.

The Dolphin shouldn't be running out of bounds for that long either, but that doesn't give anyone the right to try to trip him. I hope everyone understands that. It also doesn't matter whether or not the player was seriously injured. He could have been. You'd think a strength and conditioning coach would know that.

Another point... Channing Crowder is an idiot.

Finally, please beat the Steelers next week. Thank you.

3. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

Thanks for chiming in, now go lose tonight.

4. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

its human nature bro. If you had a doctor that killed dogs, but you needed him to run a hospital to save countless peoples lives rather than locking him up in jail, you would be less apt to lock him up over a ditch digger that serves no purpose to society.

Obviously this is an extreme example but you get the point, people with special talent get special treatment. HUMAN NATURE

5. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Look, it isn't unreasonable to say that you don't think the guy should be fired. But you should just stop there. That's the point where you start spinning off the rails.

6. Bootis

Bootis New Member

Classic straw man. But no, I don't live by applying sweeping generalizations to every situation in life. And yes I do feel sorry for the dude in a sense. But looking at it from the big picture, the dude has to go. He's not a multimillion dollar talent.He is interchangeable, and that means the repercussions for breaking rules, especially something so blatant and outrageous (ie, mass public outrage) as this,are different for him. That's just how the world works. And the negatives of keeping him on far outweigh the positives. Yeah it sucks for him, but it's just a consequence. As I said before, people get fired for less every day. The Jets gsain nothing by not firing him. They only lose. But of course, if you're a Sal Alosi fan first, then you're definitely against firing him... if you're a JETS fan first, what good is he from here on?

7. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

A stupid move and yes he should be punished but the thing that has me most upset is that this has become the primary issue of the day when it should be about the lack of leadership over the past 5 games within the coaching staff.

8. 624

624 Banned

9. NFLPhan

NFLPhan Banned

Hello Jet fans. This will be my first post here...I never thought I'd sign up to any other team's site, but after yesterday I just had to.

It's good to see that there are at least a few classy fans here.

IMO, what this guy did was illegal. If a fan ran onto the field (or the sidelines) and hit a player they would have went to jail. Also, a lot of you are trying to minimize this by making the excuse that Nolan was out of bounds. Well, a player is allowed to go out of the field of play if he is forced and as long as he makes an attempt to get back inbounds as soon as possible. The Jet coaches who were lined up on the sidelines were actually over the "legal" line of advancement. This rule is rarely enforced however, and usually that's OK, but now that we see what some POS, malicious biotch might do I see this rule being enforced from now on.

Anyhow, can't say I didn't enjoy your loss yesterday and I really hope you guys have yet another late season meltdown.

Have a good one!

10. Ironforce

Ironforce Banned

Yes, I do. He's paid his dues.

And after Alosi serves his (season ending) suspension he too should get a second chance.

I hardly know what his suspension will be, but I think a season ender along with a fine would be fair.

11. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

LMMFAO @ jail. I bet you're the person (I am self editing because you're not worth the ban) who posted that same retarded thought on a retarded PFT post.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/13/league-should-talk-closer-look-at-alosi-phalanx/#comments

12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

13. hang3xc

hang3xc Member

It sucks when someone from your team does something that makes your team look bad. For all those who say that he was out of bounds etc. As a previous poster mentioned, that whole line of Jet's employees were NOT where they were SUPPOSED to be. The line is 3 feet behind where they were standing, at the thin white line BEHIND them.

I'd bet a memo goes out reminding teams about where they can and cannot stand on the sidelines

Regardless, as the cheap shot artist said himself, he should have stepped back. What makes it so much worse is that the guy is a strength and conditioning coach who knows all too well about injuries and rehabbing etc. His move was slight, but intentional and potentially dangerous. Anyone who defends him should reconsider

I doubt he's actually sorry. Obviously he's sorry he got caught, but if he DIDN'T get caught would he have confessed because he felt so sorry about it??? Somehow I doubt it.

PS: Thanks for the link BK_Jetsfan. It gave that play a name, "The Alosi alignment", & questions whether or not they were coached to be an impediment to the gunner. I wonder if there is any validity to that?

14. Fold the franchise! Clearly this is the worst case of cheating the league has ever seen. Have a random draw for the other teams to get the Jets' players, and, hypothetically, let's say...New England gets their pick of Jets players first. Completely random. Goodell can hold the lottery in his office, and then announce the Pats as the winners afterward, with Bob Kraft as the witness of the lottery on behalf of the league.

15. As a coach, Alosi had the right to be there. The players next to him probably shouldn't have been, but Alosi was in the coaches' box, as I understand it.

Doesn't justify what he did at all, but let's at least be specific about what he did wrong and what he didn't.

16. avrus

avrus New Member

There's a live news stream that's supposed to be with Mike Tannenbaum right now. Still waiting for something to happen but I'm assuming he's going to speak to it.

17. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Jets have suspended Alosi for the rest of the season including playoffs and fined him $25K.

18. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Wow. Fuh serious??

I'd have to think that's a tough financial hit for a guy like him.

19. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Seems like an appropriate move, it's a hard enough punishment that it will probably not attract further action from the NFL. What sort of money would a guy in his position be on - a couple of hundred?

20. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Nice call.