Fans at the game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Exit 117, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Maybe it is the Same Old Jets (what a stupid fucking phrase) but if you're giving up and saying the product on the field isn't worth going to at 9-3 against our biggest rival on our home field, then it's Same Old Jets Fans.

2. HOI

HOI Active Member

Yea really!! I mean people pay all this money for the tickets and who the fuck are they to say what they do with them? If they cant go or dont want to go how fucking dare they sell them to someone willing to pay!!! Im sure Stub Hub would allow you to only sell to Jets fans.

People just dont realize when you spend thousands of dollars of your hard earned money on tickets and then sell them to try and recoup some money that you're really effecting 314 and the other 49,999 real Jets fans.

Inconsiderate fucks!!

You pay for them, you do what you want with them. Not saying I like seeing opposing fans at the games but who the fuck is anybody to tell someone else what to do with their tickets. You dont like the crowd stay the fuck home...but be sure not sell your ticket to a non Jets fan.

#22 HOI, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  3. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Yeah, that post was inevitable. If you sell/give a ticket to a Dolphins fan, knowingly or unknowingly, you still suck hard.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Agreed.

Nobody needed a lot of money yesterday to see a 9-3 Jet team. Tickets were going cheap, get a $5 poncho at K-Mart and show up. Or shut up.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I remember when JETS-DollFags tix were hard to get...so long ago.
    Wait,
    Actually

It was just until last year....

Truth is, while I agree with your post Exit, most of this falls on Woody.
    All season long there have been tix sold to opposing fans because the JETS can't sell em.

The RAVENS, PATS and PACKERS game were flooded w/ opposing fans also and this is mostly due to Woody not being able to get home fans to buy into the stadium.

6. HOI

HOI Active Member

Yup...the Ravens game was fucking awful. They were literally coming in by the bus load!! Most of the lower bowl in fact.

My brother in law was a hot shit at CitiBank....had access to "corporate seats" basically had season tickets in the lower bowl. Every chance he could he would grab the tickets and sell them to the highest bidder on Ebay. He made about 175K a year at his job, didnt pay a dime for the seats, and would pocket a couple hundred bucks 8 times a year...like he needed it. That I'm afraid, is a good percentage of the "New Meadowlands" crowd.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The OP has really become a big boy these days huh? He pays for his own car! OMG. And his rent!!!! Can you imagine the burden of having to pay for your own housing? What's next? Paying to feed your own children? Fuck that.

117, you have made an ass of yourself many times. But this time, you've outdone yourself. People can sell their fuckin tickets to Osama Bin Laden if they want to. Welcome to adulthood dude. Your balls should be dropping any day now.

You have the nerve to tell people to go fuck themselves because they didnt do a background check on the people they sold their tickets to? Are you serious?

Hahahahaha, get the fuck outta here dude.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

What the fuck? They priced the seats higher because its a new stadium. Why does anyone have a problem with building a new stadium? Yeah its costly, but its not a 40 years old, stinking old piece of shit. Some people just wanna bitch about everything.

9. Italian Seafood

There was nothing wrong with the old stadium that couldn't be fixed with a coat of paint and a new name. Plus the fans could afford to go there. I'm ok with the new one as it is but it wasn't necessary, and I'd rather still be paying $80/seat to be 20 rows from the field than $105 to be 10 rows from the lights.

10. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Rob, I will use my unquestionable qualifications as a fan and ticket holder, one who misses about 2 games a decade, pre/postseason included... to tell you to piss off.

1. The weather was absolutely absurd. It was the first game in YEARS we couldn't put the tent up, because the wind was that bad. Several dumpsters around the lot were filled with destroyed tent parts. With what we were dealing with at noontime or so, I'm not surprised a decent amount of people said screw it, and didn't come.

2. Don't blame the rich people. Why pay for a club seat if you're not going to take advantage of the amenities it offers? One of them being shelter. I sit in section 247 and it's not far from one of the mezzanine clubs and I can tell you the lounges were jam packed.

3. What does it being fan appreciation day have to do with anything? Some lucky rows got gift cards, big effing deal. If they wanted a fan appreciation day, we should have parked free. Or have our ticket stub punched/stamped for a food item free.

4. Blame the teams for not building a retractable dome roof. You want the supposed homefield advantage of the weather for our team? This is the price. People are rational. People will weigh the cost-benefit of showing up in these scenarios.

5. WE OWE NOTHING TO THE NEW YORK JETS. THEY ARE AN ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT FOR OUR BENEFIT. WE OWE NOTHING TO THE PLAYERS WHO ALL MAKE EXPONENTIALLY MORE MONEY THAN I DO TO ENTERTAIN ME 16 GAMES A YEAR. Yes I understand the value of homefield advantage, yes I purposely chose a back row seat so I could stand the entire game, yes I clap, yes I'm loud (usually) but those are MY choices as a fan. There is no list of requirements to come to a game.

6. Don't bitch to ticket holders when you don't have them. It's fine that you can't afford them, because they're expensive. I don't make that much money, but decided that it's worth it to me. And yeah, guess what, I CAN sell them to whomever I want. Would I sell to a fish fan? Not unless the offer is good, but they're just people, just fans like we are. Although the fish to tend to attract a certain smellier, lamer, douchier variety of people.

Get off your soap box, kiddo. Also I apologize, this is what this team does to me.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ah that dome stadium comment. Looking back at that decision now with MS at the helm & with all the questions popping up now about MS not being able to cope with the NE weather in December maybe Woody looking back on it all may now want a revote on doming the stadium since he may be stuck with a "franchise" QB for some years who cannot play in a outdoor stadium in December in the NE :jets:

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Exit117 is really Santonio Holmes?

For the life of me, I couldn't imagine sitting through that miserable weather, to watch that miserable game, then fight that miserable traffic, when the entire shebang is free on my TV in the comfort of my own warm and toasty living room.

13. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

The fans don't owe this team anything. There should be a thread where we all offer our condolences to anyone crazy enough to have gone to yesterday's game.

14. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I'm with you for once, pops

We seem to have ourselves a fair-weather quarterback.

15. Italian Seafood

He's young, needs to learn. How did he do against Cincinnati in the cold last year with the season on the line? Brett Favre was from Mississippi and thrived in Green Bay, our course at Sanchez's age he hadn't gotten through Atlanta yet, I don't think.

I don't want a dome, fuck that. I'd rather sit in the rain that have the game played in Detroit because the fucking roof caved in.

16. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

no kidding, i agree

and champ, by the way, i blame you for this, when did you make those SB hotel reservations again?

17. championjets69

Now about 3 weeks back right after the Brownie win :jets:

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It was called Giants stadium.

19. championjets69

Well they went super cheap in Minny with that rag top. Now if they would have gone with a hard top with necessary supports they would have been in A+ shape like Detroit for instance :jets:

20. championjets69

The name does seem to matter since our record at the NMS is no different then it was since we began play in 84 at NYGs stadium :jets: