The problem is the offensive line.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Dec 12, 2010.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We're simply not winning the battle at the LOS on offense this year. Last year we were dictating what was going on in the trenches. This year we're getting blown up. That's what I'm seeing anyway.

2. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Absolutely agreed 100%. No push in the running game. Hunter is horrible. The other 10 guys on offense are making Sanchez look even worse then he's playing.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Slauson is not as good as Faneca, Mangold has been hurt all year, Woody is hurt, Hunter sucks.

4. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I thought the o-line was a strength. Now even Ducasse could not be worse than the crap on the field.

Danny Woodhead blocks better than our o-line!

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yea our O line has been struggeling lately. You can't bash RBs continuously when your O line gives them no room every play. Also the pressure on Sanchez was ridiculous.

6. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

I think some credit has to go to Leonhard being off on Defense. They just don't seem the same without his on field audibles. But this is 80% offense, and I think that falls 40% on schotty calling bad calls, 60 on sanchez making bad throws.

7. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Hunter SUCKS!

8. mystikol

mystikol New Member

This is really the key.

Whatever Schottenheimer calls, Sanchez is constantly under siege. When's the last time we had a big running play?

And the drops, plus Keller's seeming ineptness/lack of communication only make things harder for a QB who needs the help right now.

9. 624

624 Banned

Ever since Slauson injured his knee the O-Line has sucked.

I'm not saying that's the reason, but for whatever reason that's about when it's started sucking.

10. Titans

Titans Member

Is Vlad Ducasse that bad in practice or are they basically trying to red shirt the kid for this season he cannot be any worse than Hunter

11. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I agree, the O line has not been as good. I think pass D we have been ok. But in the run game, our bread and butter, we have not been as good

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

As bad as Faneca was in pass blocking, he was still border line dominant as a run blocker. We're missing that force.

13. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Danny Woodhead for president!

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This thread screams out WIN. Mark got away a few times, but yea the o-line sucks. Hunter is god awful.

15. EdBell

EdBell New Member

Overlooked - The O Line has been hot garbage

There are many reasons why we can't score:

- receivers dropping the ball in big spots
    - Sanchez throwing it poorly too often
    - Schotty's awful play calling

Someone needs to call out our offensive line. They are not getting any kind of push off the ball any more. LT and Greene aren't getting the holes they used to get. When you can't run - and teams don't respect the run - it kills your play action. It also puts you in 3rd and long way too often.

I think Sanchez can be an effective QB, but he needs a strong running game to open up some lanes for him. The Dolphins could've picked him off 6 times.

Also, our offense is so plodding - slow in and out of the huddle, no pace/no momentum - it's no wonder we can't sustain a drive.

Mark my words, it will come down to the Jets needing to beat Buffalo at home and getting help to get in the playoffs (because we are not winning at Pittsburgh or at the Bears).

It is 1986 all over again.