Besides Our Own, Which Free Agent Has The Best Chance To Land On The Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DREW COLEMANS DAD, Dec 8, 2010.

?

Which one?

1. Brandon Mebane

4.2%
  2. Tanard Jackson

8.3%
  3. Lamarr Woodley

25.0%
  4. Marcus Spears

14.6%
  5. None of them

47.9%
  1. DREW COLEMANS DAD

There are many positions besides addressing in the draft we can fill through free agency, which of these notable free agents could we bring in to improve our team?

Discuss :breakdance:

Brandon Mebane- A great DT that could in my opinion play the nose very well, he has had success in Seattle and has only been in the league for only 4 years and can easily replace Jenks.

Tanard Jackson- A excellent safety who has had recent legal trouble and been suspended for the season but on Tampa he was an exceptional player and can excel in this defense in coverage and in the run stop.

Lamarr Woodley- This in my opinion is a definite strech but if our biggest concern is getting to the QB this is the guy to do so, he'll require a nice contract but expecting a rookie to come in a accumulate 10 or more sacks is also a strech. If we have the money after signing key guys are team could become ELITE with this man linebacking.

Marcus Spears- Hes had up and down years in Dallas but he could come in and play an effective 3-4 End . He can run stop, is fairly young, and can improve in the Rex Ryan defense. He's definitely got the size at 6-4 311lbs

#1 DREW COLEMANS DAD, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. DREW COLEMANS DAD

BTW any added free agents would be great If you have any ideas!

3. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

no way woodley leaves but it would be amazing seeing him in the green and white

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This team won't be in the market for Free Agents.........

BUT WE WILL TALK AS IF THEY ARE FOR MONTHS ON THEGANGGREEN.COM!!!! :up:

5. DREW COLEMANS DAD

... thats it? No opinion... alrightyyyyyy. :lol:

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

barring some unbelievable cap increase, we won't be able to pay any of those guys. But I think Mebane would cost the least since he isnt a well known guy outside of Seattle.

Woodley is a great pass rusher, but how great will he be without teams focusing on blocking James Harrison on the other side? I have no idea, maybe Woodley is that much of an elite player, but you can't argue he hasnt had an easier go of it because he is playing with harrison.

Nobody is going to want to bring in jackson after he has been suspended for a year.

Spears is about as jag as you can get. I would rather roll with Devito, Pouha and Matt Kroul/Ropati Pitoitua next year over spears. I would rather draft a guy since spears has pretty much reached his peak. At least a rookie will have the ability to develop into a special player, spears has hit his ceiling

#6 nyjetsrule, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I think our best bet will be to sign a Brodney Poole-type safety to come in and hope we can strike it rich.

8. DREW COLEMANS DAD

A guy who can barely tackle and gets burned by any TE or slot WR?

9. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

With all our own FAs that we have to sign, there will be no money to sign additional ones. We're going to have to find depth through the draft and shrewd signings.

10. DREW COLEMANS DAD

[​IMG]

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Pretty much, unfortunately.. they're gonna have to take a shot on a low risk/high reward kind of guy and hope it works out. We probably won't even be able to sign our own FA's so I doubt they'll be able to bring in one from another team for a decent salary.

The main thing the Jets have going for them is that players love Rex and want to play for him. Hopefully he can bring someone in who can contribute.

12. DREW COLEMANS DAD

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This. I'd be surprised if we can add any top FAs.

14. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

For those who are saying we are not going to add any FA, think again. My opinion is no better than yours, but think about it. NFL teams have a very high turnover rate.

We were restricted last year, and we added Holmes, LT, Cro, Pool, Laury, Taylor, Brunell, etc. We also lost key guys we didn't think we were going to lose. Faneca, Jones, Leon. Expect to lose some key guys again this year. I could easilly see a few out of Gholston, Pace, Woody, Ellis, Taylor, Tomlinson, Thomas, Richardson, Eric Smith, Colman, Lawry, Kellen, Brunell or Brad Smith gone or restructured. Some of those guys get paid quite a bit too. Not to mention Jenkins, although I think we are all hoping he comes back.

I really think the Jets are going to make a very strong push to get Woodley here. I would also figure we will trade a pick for a player at DL, OLB or S. We have been one of the most active teams in that regard, and I don't think this year will be any different.

15. Sciz

Sciz New Member

You guys should worry about your own FAs first...

16. DREW COLEMANS DAD

Thank you for reading the begin of the thread that stated " BESIDES OUR OWN,..."

17. steves850

steves850 Active Member

You should read the title of the thread first...

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Right now...we need a Pass rushing OLB and a Safety.

But i usually wait to till the season ends first before i start giving the FA period any thought.

19. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Agreed. Perhaps people are looking for a distraction considering how horrible this week has been. I work with a shitload of patriot fans and they have been giving me a hard time. Arrogant fucks.

20. DREW COLEMANS DAD

EX-FUCKING-ACTLY :breakdance: