DCD NY Jets Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DREW COLEMANS DAD, Dec 7, 2010.

1. DREW COLEMANS DAD

This loss has frustrated the shit out of me so I decided hey why not make a draft to maybe look forward since I love when April comes around. Please comment and critique this is my first shot at this. Hope I do alright compared to you draft guru's .

1. Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia

[​IMG]

Justin has been a beast this season at Georgia racking up 10 sacks and has stopped the run on multiple occasions. Rex would love him on this defense for sure.

2. Quinton Carter, FS, Okalahoma

[​IMG]

We need a Free Safety I dont care what anyone says this is what has to happen to make this defense GREAT. Carter has the skills to make the defense better and learn from leonard and rex. He has great all instincts and can stop the run as well. He'll be there late 2nd to early 3rd.

4. Quinton Colpes, DE, North Carolina

[​IMG]

A physical young DE is what we need to replace Ellis, Colpes with some added weight can definitely provide us with that. Not sure of his actual stock but I would say right about here would make sense.

5. Chris L. Rucker, CB, Michigan State

[​IMG]

A physical and very underrated corner to replace Coleman in the future. He can move from CB to Safety and can provide great run stopping ability.

6. Adam Grant, RT, Arizona

[​IMG]

We need some Oline depth with are guys aging , Grant could become a very solid backup.

7. Aldrick Robinson, WR, SMU

A speedy slot receiver who may be picked earlier but I think he ends up here or a UDFA. Sanchez would love this pick. He can provide a Woodhead/ Welker factor ( hate that factor btw) for Sanchez , a guy who can catch a pass and run the distance. His great 40 time - 4.37 combined with decent height 6-0 could be great for this offense.

#1 DREW COLEMANS DAD, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  2. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I really like the first 3 picks. Definitely good choices there.

However I would change the 5th rounder to an ILB. We need speed all over the defense. At least 5 of our 6 picks should be defense. FS/OLB/DE/ILB/NT should all be addressed.

3. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Pretty good Mr. Coleman. I'm far from a draft expert but I like those picks they would address most of our issues.

4. DREW COLEMANS DAD

Why thank you good sir :up:, First time doing this but learning from my brother and doing some research myself I decided hell why not. Glad I did okay.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I know that you have to go BPA and if somebody ultra talented falls to us wherever we pick (Julio Jones was in Todd McFaggot's first mock) then you have to pull the trigger but I think we need to go defense on all 6 picks. Maybe an offensive tackle.

6. theyankees-jetsfan23

OLB seems like the sure-fire choice for the first round. I'm hoping Akeem Ayers falls to us since there's a shitload of other talent teams can take. I kind of like this draft though, how do you feel about Ian Williams as our DT

7. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I like Justin Houston, another guy who has experience with his hand down and standing up. I personally like the intangibles of a Beal better, but I think Houston is a 20-30 pick.

Carter is a pretty solid safety too, nothing outstanding about his physically but he finds ways to get in good position and he can be a big time hitter too.

Chris Rucker is a better player than the fifth round, but a lot of underclassmen declaring (I think we'll see six, definitely four) at the position could push him down somewhere in the 4/5 range.

Quinton Coples is a junior, and won't declare unless he gets a high grade from the UC committee. If he does decide to go pro he'll be no worse than a 2nd rounder, he's a great passrusher. Also, he wouldn't be a 34 DE, he's a guy best suited as a 43 DE. Just a tip to keep in mind, 90% of 34 ends are 43 DTs in college, only rare guys like JJ Watt or Allen Bailey can go from 43 end to 34 end.

8. DREW COLEMANS DAD

His injury concerns me but I see him as an late 3rd to early 4th

9. DREW COLEMANS DAD

Thanks for the feedback man. With Coples I honestly could see him translating to a 3-4 End if need be he's 280 and could easily go to 285 290. I didnt realize he was a junior the so the thing about him declaring I get.

Whats your opinion on the draft overall? Really want to improve.

10. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

We need a DL that demands a double team or a pass rushing Lb. Also Bart Scott looks slooow in coverage. On O we might need an ROT if Hunter doesn't look good the rest of the season. Safety is another concern, I like Jim Leonard but they have been beating him with big TE's all season.

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Bwahahahahahahahahaha

Johnny4 is johnnythajet is drew colemans dad?

#11 pats-hater, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Sadly, you might be right.

13. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

Huh? I don't get it. Am I missing something?