Rex Bashing

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanDoc, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I have been quite happy having Ryan here. Last night gives me pause. Not that I have come to a counter conclsusion about Ryan. But last night was a TOTAL team breakdown. Did any single player play well?

Imo a total team breakdown is laid on the coach, unless you want to say the team is just not that good talent wise. Or maybe some of both.

But that is a real question, going forward, isn't it? Is this team very talented, and not being well coached, or is the talent level not really that great?

I don't know, but I do know a well coached team with talent does not lose games 45-3, so something big is wrong here.

I can't post much today, but that's okay, because right now I only have questions and no answers. Mabye someone else knows. Heh.

2. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

He seems to be a coach that players want to play for, and he has definitely changed the atmosphere around the franchise. That said, the biggest knock on him has to be the way this defense is playing - with or without Leonhard, we should never ever be abused the way we were last night.

3. NFL-Know

NFL-Know Banned

STFU Jets

Everyone in the NFL is nausiated hearing TRex continue to flaunt how good the Jets team is. He, and all his coaches and players should learn a BIG lesson after that 45-3 beat-down last night as follows: ONLY DO YOUR TALKING ON THE FIELD JUST LIKE THE PATS DO !!! :rolleyes:

News Flash : Pats 10-2
    ..................Jets 9-3

:beer:

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Hindsight is always 20-20. Nice of you to show up after a win. Where were you in week 2?

5. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight. I am not saying he coached well last night. It was a badly coached loss....but I still support and love the heck outta the guy.

6. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

I'm not asking for his head either! For the record... I would like to see less time off when we have "breaks" more attention to detail to stop the stupid, mindless penalties.. (push-ups? Really? This aint High School) and be true to your philosophy of ground and pound!!!!!!!!!!

7. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Rex didn't say he felt they were trying to rub it in and run up the score. That was actually said by one of the media. He said something like the way I look at it we kicked their ass and this time they kicked our ass.

8. Namathfan

Namathfan New Member

Rex is one of the best coaches in the NFL. He's a little like Belechek but with a sense of humor. He just may not have the talent he thought he had.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He has more than enough talent, we have have alot more talent than NE.

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

THIS! I would love the OP and everyone else to explain what makes Rex above reproach?

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Its easy for Jets fans to blame the OC but after last night Rex should be #1 on the blame list. When a team is as unprepared for a game of that magnitude there is no one to blame but the HC, not to mention some of the mind boggling decisions made by the HC.

12. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I support Rex, but one thing I question in hindsight (although I agreed with it completely at the time), was the honest admission about the significance of the game last night. While his honesty is refreshing and he stays away from the coaches cliche's, I think the team looked scared shit to fail last night............they got the message and it seemed to backfire resulting is a ridiculous ass whooping. Maybe he would have been better served to try and downplay it like every other coach in the league does although that is totally against his personality.

13. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Last night we got outcoached badly. That's Rex's fault. I still want Rex as my coach, but let's call it like it is, he didn't do a good job last night. Anyone who says otherwise has blinders on. I have faith he'll fix the problem, but first you gotta identify the problem.

14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yup definitely, theres been too many close wins where were in a "we'll take it" situation. The close losses haven't been a cause for concern either, they were the offense's fault. I think we needed to get kneed in the balls to truely change the way things are happening. I, for one, tip my hat to Belicheck for doing that. :rofl2:

15. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Our defense does not have as much talent as we think they do, but they are as good as they are mainly because of Rex Ryan and his defensive philosophy. Honestly, besides Revis, who on that defense honestly has pro-bowl talent?

Cromartie? no (too inconsistent)
    Leonhard? no (one-dimensional)
    Pool? no
    Scott? no (one-dimensional)
    Harris? maybe (but probably too one-dimensional)
    Taylor? no (past his prime)
    Ellis? no (past his prime)
    Pouha? no
    Devito? no
    Thomas? no
    Lowery? no
    Wilson? no
    Smith? no
    Ihedigbo? no
    Pryce? no

On offense, you have Mangold, D'Brick, Connor and Holmes that are already pro-bowl calibre talents, and we can probably agree that Keller, Edwards, Greene & Sanchez have pro-bowl potential.

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

You think Connor is a pro bowler but Harris is questionable. To each his own I guess.

17. catmanunh

catmanunh Banned

Ryan is a joke as a head coach.....I'm sure the players love him, the media likes his funny comments and he can motivate a team. He made numerous mistakes last night.

1. Shooting your mouth off all week against a veteran Patriot team you have already beaten, you didn't need to get them any more focused.

2. Win this toss and you Put Brady on the field first....if it's important to set the tone of the game, why not put a perceived week Pats D on the field and not have the possibility of a fired up Brady walk down the field and score and get the fans even more fired up.

3. Challenge on a spot of the ball when you are going to go for it anyway, you lose it and it ties your hand the rest of the night.

4. Not challenging the Tate TD, probably due to the previous challenge.

And the stupid comments after the game about wanting to go out there right now and play the Patriots again....what a joke

He's the players buddy and a rah rah guy, but clearly too cocky for someone with no credentials....if your gonna shoot your mouth all week, make sure you dont get blown out by 6 TDs.

18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Can the team NOT make the playoffs under his regime before you say this?

19. TRMercman

TRMercman New Member

Pat Down

What we lack is any sense of clock management. Play calling too was a problem last night. I would have liked to see maybe a reverse or two in there. And what the hell kind of half-hearted QB sneak was that by Sanchez. It caused Ryan to burn a time-out, which may have better situated the last minute drive before the half. Ashamed is not a big enough word to describe my feelings today after this. Bear fan buddy of mine says they will tee off on pretty boy Brady bigtime in deference to the Ryan connection.

20. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Our defense is weak. It was finally exposed last night. At least our safetys.