Jets/Pats MNF 2010 Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Dec 2, 2010.

?

Who wins Jets-Pats?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2010.
  1. Jets win by 8+

30.5%
  2. Jets win by 1-7

42.6%
  3. Pats win by 1-7

20.6%
  4. Pats win by 8+

6.4%
  1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

It's all good.. I've never used message boards before 2009. I live 10 minutes from New Meadowlands stadium. Not too farfetched for me to be a Jet fan. You'll notice that this site isn't like PatsFans.com where all of the members are scattered around the US. 50+% of you fucks jumped on the bandwagon in 2004.

2. RUSH

RUSH Member

and 65% of you fucks "never used message boards" or "had your own laptops" before 2008. Right now your bandwagon is on its peak just like ours was back in 07. It will start to fall off after this week though.

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I've been a Jets fan my whole life.. it's not like there was much of a bandwagon to jump on anyway. If you're ever in the area though I will be glad to show you my Jets gear from years past. I became a fan in the 1996 season when I was 8. The reason why I can pinpoint that date is my uncle gave me this huge sports-bar sized poster to hang up on my wall of the Jets preseason/regular season schedule for the 1996 season. As a kid I never really cared for football/knew what was going on at that age but I followed along and marked off every score for every game that year. When they finally beat Arizona I was ecstatic, even though the Jets went on to finish 1-15 that year. Since then, I've never looked back.

Like I said too, I live in northern Bergen County, about 10 minutes from the stadium. It's not that farfetched to think I'd be a loyal fan of the local team. If it makes you feel better I've been a Knick fan since I was 6 (grew up in Brooklyn). That's my life story I guess.

4. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

How in the world are pats fans calling jets fans bandwagoners? LOOOOOOL. And who gives a shit about sign up date. I learned about this site this year and never been into sports forums. Jets fan since 1996. Reason was growing up as a kid I was always fascinated by combat aircraft and used to draw pictures of f-16s, f-18s, etc. Just so happens there was a team call the Jets and they caught my attention ... weird I know lol. But definitely not like pats fans who jumped on board when they won their first superbowl in 2001 LMAO! Pats fans can't even tell you who was quarterback before Drew bledsoe.

5. stanner

stanner Member

i guess you missed the post one page back that said about 75% of the posters here signed up before '08, or you're really bad at math (which could be true; you come off as a real dumb dumb).

6. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The retards at patsfans forum are now touting Fred Taylor as they're secret weapon and 'best running back' in this upcoming game. Can't link but it's gold. 'Pats have been saving him for this game' and 'Hits like Dillon'

7. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

We're gonna fuckin destroy them. All these kids the Pats are playing have no idea of the level of hatred we have for them and how fired up we are gonna be all game. They won't know what hit them.

8. RUSH

RUSH Member

Maybe you haven't and its very plausible that everybody with a post 2008 join date isn't a bandwagon fan but, don't act like you don't have them too. FFS read the op on the new members thread,
    [QUOTE]We've had a huge influx of new members joining today after the Hard Knocks debut. It's great to see all the new blood coming in, we have a great community of Jets fans here. [/QUOTE]
    The Jets are the flavor of the month and everybody here knows it, the only difference is they are the only flavor of the month to not have recently won a superbowl. You really think all of these "twitter followers" are real fans? I've seen people running around with Giants Jersey when they went on there improbable run to now running around with Revis, and Sanches jersey's. Maybe you aren't one but they know who they are. I fucking hate Bergen county btw, bunch of rich pretentious assholes up there.

9. RUSH

RUSH Member

yep I did miss it, Im also not going to go back and verify it but these last few pages aren't doing much to support that claim:wink:

10. stanner

stanner Member

Pfffft... I had a Sanchez jersey like five years ago.

#170 stanner, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  11. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Where's the real Pats fans who can actually discuss football?

Most of us don't give two shits about twitter posts and forum join dates. We're more concerned with lighting up your pathetic secondary.

You know it's getting bad when I'm starting to miss Dolphin trolls. This game can't come soon enough.

12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Jets 34
    Pats 17

13. RUSH

RUSH Member

I thought Jest fans liked to talk about UGGS and Tom Brady? Now you want to talk about football? Lets talk about how well Phillip Rivers did against our pathetic secondary as opposed to the finale results, or maybe how well Manning and Big Ben did. You will notice a majority of the yards we give up are in the fourth when BB takes his foot off the gas and we still come up with big stops when we need them.

14. stanner

stanner Member

Rivers passed for 336 yards. you won by 3 when they missed a field goal.

Ben passed for 389 yards and got 3 tds.

Manning threw for 396, 4 tds.

nice secondary.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Jets by a hundred.

16. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I'll give you that they've been oppurtunistic and get some great plays when they need them, but don't tell me Belichick was handing Manning almost 400 yards just to keep it interesting. He was driving to beat you and you made a good play, but don't make it out like you were shutting the guy down.

Was the almost 200 yards of offense your D gave up in the first half of the Detroit game with a second string QB just so Belichick could make things dramatic?

How bout Buffalo? Drama too? Or that shitty second year QB who lit you the fuck up? Who was that again...

Dude your pass D blows. Everyone knows it. Your media knows it. Your intelligent fans know it. You don't end up last in the league in ANY category by accident.

Your 9-2 because of your offense. Nothing wrong with that, but don't sit here and say that garbage time is the reason it's in the cellar.

17. 624

624 Banned

Dude but Randy Moss isn't here anymore, their Pass D is way better without Moss.

18. milo

milo Well-Known Member

They also have Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, which always gives your pass D a chance.

19. RUSH

RUSH Member

The Steelers put up 23 of 26 points in the fourth quarter, the Chargers put up 17 out of 20 in the fourth quater, The Colts put up 14 of 28 in the fourth. We take the foot off the gas and let teams come back into games, our defense is still young and improving. Our defense is ranked 22nd in ppg and our offense 1st. I believe the Saints were in the 20's as well last season how did that work our for them? YPG doesn't mean shit against a bend but don't break defense. The Pats don't give up big plays too often, the Jets do. The Pats average more takeaways and less giveaways as well. Sanchez isn't Rivers or Manning, Id be worried about how many picks he's going to throw monday night. Better hope LT decides to play.

20. 624

624 Banned

Good thing they don't count the 4th quarter in games.

I take everything back, your Pass D is amazing because they only choke late in games.

The Jets allow big plays and the Patriots don't?

Jets have allowed: 4 20+ yard runs, 32 20+ yard passes

Patriots have allowed: 5 20+ yard runs, 41 20+ yard passes

#180 624, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010