Jets vs Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Nov 25, 2010.

1. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

What are you predicting for the weather in foxboro?

2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

11 days between games is awful. I can't stand waiting anymore. Every other team gets 7-8 days, we've already waited 7, they should be playing today.

3. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

When the schedules came out in April this is the first thing that pissed me off. Thursday game followed by a Monday Night game. It's good for the players but as a fan it's brutal. Feels like another bye week.

4. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Who's to say I don't join baseball forums as well?

Besides, I do read the football forums here... it's a great place to get my Jets news/updates. I just don't usually participate in the football conversations. The threads in this main forum get so cluttered so quickly.

Perhaps most importantly, though, signing up meant I could get my Jets news without having to look at all the ridiculously large signature images.

5. Boomer88

Boomer88 New Member

boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extras/12_02_10_patriots_jets_rivalry_quiz/?p1=News_links#/13

Quick quiz from the globe about the Jet-Pats rivalry. Kills a little time until Monday, I was only able to get 8/12 though.

6. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

How about this for a change? A former Patriot giving the Jets some respect:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/harrison_record_is_not_lucky_aiAvdEmsuT7jC13DMjNIZL

One of the many interested observers for Monday night's Jets-Patriots game is former New England safety Rodney Harrison, who now is a studio analyst for NBC's "Football Night in America."

Harrison, who had his share of differences with the Jets over the years, offered high praise for his former rival.

"I definitely believe in the Jets," Harrison told The Post. "They're a scary team because they haven't played their very best football yet."

One thing Harrison doesn't buy into is the notion that the Jets are lucky to be 9-2 because of all the close games they've won.

"I know people are saying the Jets are a lucky team, but I don't believe that," he said. "They're not lucky. Yes, they were fortunate in some situations, but they've made the critical plays in the critical moments of games.

"If the 2003 or 2004 Patriots were getting those breaks and making critical plays at the right time, they'd be perceived as a great team. But because it's the Jets everyone wants to say it's luck,"

Harrison called Monday's matchup "the biggest game of the year."

"These are two teams that traditionally haven't cared for one another but definitely have respect for one another," he said. "These are probably the two best teams in the NFL.

"The Jets have finally come to a point here they can go into any stadium in the NFL and beat anyone. That's what they brought Rex Ryan in for. With Coach Ryan, they know they're not just going to be competitive playing the Patriots, they're know they can beat them."

Asked whom he's picking, Harrison said, "If the game was in New York, I'd pick the Jets, but I think with the confidence the Patriots have playing at home and them losing to the Jets in the first game -- Bill Belichick is a mastermind at making adjustments and the Patriots' secondary is completely different -- I think the Patriots will win.

"If the Patriots lose this game they can end up having one of the two best records in the AFC and still have to go on the road in the playoffs."

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

9. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

Patriots did NOT tape any walkthrough. That was a rumor that was completely refudiated by Matt Walsh, who hated the Patriots because they fired him but still told the truth about that stinking lie.

Walsh also tesified that the taping he did from the sidelines stayed with him until AFTER the games were over. So no advantage gained during the game in progress.

And while not every team was taping defensive coaching signals from the sidelines, the Jets definitely were. Mangini explained that in a GD press conference, for God's sake. He told about at the end of '06 he tried to tape the Pats defensive coaches but the Pats stopped his guy. That's what directly led to him turning in the Pats in the first game of '07 for doing the exact same thing. The 2 teams were tit for tat on all this. Jets fans should lay low on the Spygate mess because your team was neck deep in it.

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Vegas is only interested in attracting equal money to both sides of the bet, and whatever spread gets them there is what they're going to use. They make money off their fees

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

duplicate post

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

#432 Dierking, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  13. Dierking

Yo genius: How many first round draft picks were the Jets docked? How much money in fines?

And next time you get brought into the station on domestic violence charges, ask your public defender to explain what "spoliation of evidence" means, and what that implies.

"Refudiate" that ya ignorant fuck.

14. stanner

stanner Member

it's an epidemic!

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I like this post better, Dierking......

16. Dierking

experto cuts your hair.

17. Wizard Of Odds

Wizard Of Odds New Member

Regarding the Pats wins over Indy and Pittsburgh. Indy's defense sucks and Pittsburgh allowed Ben to be sacked 5 times in that game. The stats between the Pats and Steelers was basically identical. They both torched each other for over 425 total yards, ran basically the same number of plays and had the same 3rd down efficiency. The big mistake Pittsburgh made was to throw the ball twice as much as running it (30 passes, 16 rushes). But you can't win when your O-line lets up 5 sacks either, that was the biggest difference in the game.

I don't see Sanchez getting sacked 5 times (he wasn't sacked at all in the 1st game), I don't see the Pats torching our defense for 450 yards, and I don't see the Jets employing a lopsided offensive gameplan like Indy and Pittsburgh did. I see the same result as last time between these two teams. Jets win by two TD's.

18. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Pittsburgh has not been the same team since they lost half their o line and one of their most important players on defense in Smith. Besides the Oakland win , they've been squeaking out games lately. They almost lost to the bungles at the last second

They are the luckiest team by far. OT win against the bills ( no one dropped a game winning td against us) and the miami game

I

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Post Game Interview: Tom Brady:

"Now I know what people going through TSA screenings feel like. I've never been so humilated in all my life."

20. Brady_champ

Brady_champ Banned

Haha SERIOUSLY?

why do I feel like the spread should read NY (-10) after reading some of your posts here?

Stop twisting everything...reality check fellas.

What playoff-calibre teams have the Jets faced? I'd say Green Bay, Baltimore and the pats are the only teams on your schedule that will be playing in a month. Lost 2/3, and calll it coincidence if you want but sanchez looked terrible in the 2 losses.

The Pats? Chargers, Colts, Ravens, Steelers, Jets will all probably be playoff teams. I guess you can question the Colts or Chargers but I"d take a bet anyday that end of this season theyr'e walking out with their divisions. We beat 4/5. I find it mind-boggling that Jet fans here find a way to discredit the Pats for ALL of those wins. Down by 10 against Baltimore in the 4th quarter..there's no "breaks". You've got to play great to get out of that hole. Offense and defense.

This division runs through New England. Till you beat Brady in Foxboro and win the division, the Jets are no better then Oakland, KC, Miami, the Texans, and all these other teams that are "closing the gap". Get in line.

For those of you who weren't watching, the dink and dunk spread offense was ripping the Jets apart in the first game. When Revis went down, brady seemed to lock in on moss..and clearly moss a) wasn't giving 100% and B)didn't matchup with well cro, and that cost 'em bigtime. Won't happen again. Brady will find the open man.

Brady is in MVP form and has been on fire. Enjoy the show.

As far as NE's defense..sure, it's young and still unable to put together 60 minutes..but in this case, @ Foxboro, it won't have to. Our D will cause a turnover or 2, play well in spurts, and before you know it this'll be a 2 or 3 possession game.