Shut Down "Jets Killer"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Dec 1, 2010.

1. 624

624 Banned

Looking back almost 3 months later, the Baltimore loss may have been a blessing in disguise.

Don't get me wrong, I would have rather won, it was just a good to get a little slap in the face after all the hype. It also made Schotty open it up more for Mark, if we ended up scraping a win that may have taken longer.

..who knows? Maybe we would have lost @ New England if we beat Baltimore...and I'll take the division win any day.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I have to give 624 credit, this is pretty much spot on......

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

i wish we had an identity on offense the way we do on defense.

after a game, i have to think back and try to remember what the hell we ran.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Great. Revis has no picks this year, therefore, using your theory, he sucks too I guess.

5. RevisCromartieisland

Do you watch football?

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Instead of all that complex who-covers-who myriad, go kill Brady. I know it's easier said than done, but then pressure is what keeps Ryan defense going, no?

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

This is true. in all honesty that gameplan offensively was horrendous. You are right, it caused Rex to go to schotty and say hey let the kid play ball. We are here now in large part because of those things.

Definately right, I would much rather have beaten the Pats and lost to baltimore than the reversal. Have to win the division first and foremost.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Didn't Wilson shut down Welker the entire second half in week 2?
    I definitely think we'll see Revis matching up against Welker, Branch or one of the TEs. I don't think he will lock up Welker the entire game.

9. sg3

sg3 Banned

wilson and smith will alternate shutting down wittle wesley wabbit, revis will probably shut down butterfingers tate and cromartie will use his length and speed to take care of the tight end

leaving 7 or 8 others available to send Tommi the Uggs girl to the dressing room on the cart

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That wasn't schotty, it was rex. he was scared of the Baltimore defnse and he didn't want the QB throwing away that game, he did not have the confidence in Mark against that D. I blame Rex for that loss, the D wasn't ready and the O was too conservative b/c he was afraid of Baltimore.

11. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

what about branch?

12. Boomer88

Boomer88 New Member

Why would we put our best corner on their third receiver who has 0 receptions in the past 2 games? I want Revis on Welker or Hernandez personally.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Hernandez has a combined 2 catches for 26 yards in the past 3 games.

14. 624

624 Banned

It was a combined effort of Rex and Schotty on the offensive side. I'm sure the OC had something to do with it too. Rex likes to blame himself when things go wrong and praise other when things go right, similar to Sanchez.

Also, how was the defense not ready? Revis wasn't 100%, Pace wasn't playing, Jenkins went out early, we had 3 new players in the secondary, some stupid penalties, a turnover on offense....and held them to 10 points. (Jets offense didn't help too much either with so many short drives)

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Dig deeper.

Personally I think Rex takes most of the blame for that week one stinker from the offense. I'll give a little to Schotty, but the whole protect the ball, we're afraid of the Ravens mentality came from the top.

16. nyjunc

The D was awful that game, they allowed Bal to control to ball for 40 mins. combine that w/ our ultra conservative approach on O and that's why we lost.

Like I wrote back in September, for the average fan it's easy to see 10 pts allowed and think a D played well but our D was terrible that night.

17. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Oh c'mon they weren't terrible...bad on 3rd downs, yes, but the offense was to blame for that loss. The offense has to be blamed for all the 3 and outs no?

18. nyjunc

We went into that game thinking the D would win it, it's hard to score w/ an O as conservative as we had that night when we only have the ballf or 20 mins. The D was committing penalties all night and was allowing 3rd and long conversions all night. The D cost us the game, the O didn't help but we went in thinking the D would win it and they failed.

19. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

With Randy gone, Patriots offensive philosophy has shifted more towards a horizontal passing attack (quick passes, screens/slants). There's not enough time on many plays to get within a few yards on several plays. But you still gotta bring the heat. Can't wait for Brady and hope he makes a mistake. U have to cover AND show some heat. Im sure Ryan knows how to handle Brady. I just hope #24 lines up against Welker.