The Disney Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by DeathByJets, May 3, 2010.

1. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Where'd you go?

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think I'll be making a trip in either Jan or Feb. Should be fun. Me and a 3 year old. We'll be staying at the Sheraton Vistania Villas (any reviews would be nice) and only staying for 2 or 3 days before heading down to Fort Lauderdale to see some family. I'm thinking 2 days in the Magic Kingdom as my son I think is too young for Epcot and MGM although maybe 1 day at MK and 1 day at Animal Kingdom although we always go to the San Diego Zoo (yearly passes) so he might not be all that interested in seeing a giraffe or zebra.

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Just brought 2 kids, one 5 and one nearly 3, to all parks in Oct.

AK is a waste of time if you are on a limited number of days.

Definitely enough to see in a few days just for MK, but remember that Hollywood Studios does have alot to do in terms of Pixar- characters and attractions- not to be missed.

Epcot- not much there in terms of age appropriate rides. We lucked out heading there because my 2.5 year old is around 44" tall- or roughly the same height as Eyedea.

I would encourage you to visit the Disney website and look at parks on a height and attraction basis- really gives you a good idea as to just how much each offers based upon your needs.

4. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

My 5 year old twins are that same height! I hope you have a basketball hoop up for him/her!

5. GreenMachine

Back to Port Orleans

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I stayed there when I went to Disney about 4 years ago. In fact it was 4 years next week. I love how easy it was to get to Downtown Disney and the whole 1800's Mississippi River town was pretty cool.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I stayed at Vistan before but it was a hundred years ago. We LOVED it though. Really nice place, nice pool, there was a general store right on the grounds as well for little bullshits or whatever.

I dont know if Sheraton owned it back then or not. Nor do I know if thats good or bad

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

You forgot to add that you haven't been welcomed back since you shit on the lobby floor.

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Staying at the Polynesian.

10. Jetsfan 128099

Going back to Disney in June for my 7th trip there. Probably is one
    of the best places to vacation. If your ever in Hollywood Studios (Used to be called MGM) try eating at the Prime-Time Cafe. I believe thats what it's called? Its a whole 1950's setting with vintage TV's at your table. Really
    a cool site.

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Prime-Time is the best. I always make sure to hit it up.

12. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

There is something for small kids at every park. In my opinion it is not worth it to only do 2 days. Do at least 3. I would recommend getting a park hopper. As long as you get to MK early (like pre-rope drop) on a non-Extra Magic Hours day, you can do all of Fantasyland in a couple of hours and hit a few more attractions. Take an afternoon break and go back for the parade and fireworks. In Epcot, Turtle Talk and Nemo are great for kids. The other big thing for little kids at Epcot is the character meet spot (long wait, but you can get some great pictures with the top characters). At Hollywood Studios (it isn't MGM anymore) don't miss Fantasmic! That is an amazing evening show. Toy Story Mania is great too....but you need to get there early to even get a fastpass. HS also has lots of good shows for kids. I actually like Animal Kingdom a lot and think it is great for kids. It is more than just a zoo.

DBJ

13. GreenMachine

Chilled with Koz today at Hollywood. 75 degrees, no lines, and he only came on to me once.

BTW, I kicked his ass at Toy Story Mania.

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I let you win! A few Milf's yesterday to boot.

15. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

The whole fam is heading down there end of August. I haven't been since I was around 15 (turning 30 this year). 60 year old parents, wifey, and 2 twenty-something brothers. Not my top choice for our first fam vacation in years but the folks love it and I ain't paying so I'm not gonna complain. I think it should still be alot of fun.

Couple questions for the experts:

Has anyone ever attempted this: http://www.easywdw.com/adults/drink-around-the-world-at-epcot-world-showcase-disney-world/ We'll probably give it a try one day.

Is there anyway to swing a resort upgrade, rather than a room upgrade (ie paying moderate tier rates for a basic room at deluxe tier?) Assuming we end up at a moderate tier place, any recommendations? We stayed at Port Orleans years ago and liked it alot, but I think we are leaning towards Coronado this time.

Which water park is best? I think we're going to get park hopper for 4 days and then add on a water park for a 5th day. We did Typhoon Lagoon years ago, don't think Blizzard Beach was even in existence at the time.

Any other suggestions for an adults-focused 5 day trip, other than the obvious - going someplace else?

Thanks

16. GreenMachine

Drinking around the world is not hard if you stretch it out. 11 drinks in 9 hours.

Good luck on the upgrades. Most upgrades are room ones, not resort ones.

Typhoon is not as busy. Blizzard has better thrill slides.

Coronado is ok, but you will spend alot of time on the bus( farthest resort from parks) And it is a convention resort that is spread out.

Try Carribean Beach.

17. GreenMachine

A Peek into my office. Bob Jackson plays my bar Wed thru Sat

[YOUTUBE]z1bOL_wfDKs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]HYg4COPDJeM[/YOUTUBE]

18. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

We ended up booking Boardwalk Inn. Thanks a lot for the tips.

19. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Abs would love to hear your comments on the Boardwalk Inn- this is a hotel, not the timeshare/vacation property, correct?

What did you think?

20. colleen74

colleen74 Member

I think it is a timeshare place. One of the times we went, we went to a timeshare meeting there. It was a great place though.