Boomer Esiason on Schotty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JFToLong, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Possibly because of fact that the Jets D forced Brady into one of the worst halves of football in his NFL career.

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Not for nothing but they're not the same team.

If we don't get pressure in the fist half (something we seem to have forgotten), we could be in for a very long day.

If we don't have the lead, we could be in trouble.

Watching the game last night made it so obvious. Without forcing the Pats to play on their heels, we will not get enough pressure on him.

It wasn't until Palmer had his back against the wall that we saw that swarming D that we have known to come and love.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The Pats like to use their TE's as a big part of their passing game which is a positive and negative for us. Negative cus we can't cover TEs worth a shit and Hernandez went off against us. Positive cus they won't leave them in to block which means we should be able to get free rushers towards the QB and Brady is a bitch under pressure.

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Yes. I am very concerned with the TE situation next week.

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

How'd you like the new stadium?

It was great the way the weather worked out and it was a good crowd energy wise.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Exactly, back then their offense was entirely different. Brady was trying to force the ball down the field to Moss and they never really got into rhythm. Now Brady has 5 or 6 guys he has no problem throwing to while spreading defenses out. Cro and Revis can only take out two of them, so unless we get a ton of pressure on Brady, it could be dink and dunk all the way down the field against Coleman and Smith.

I have complete confidence in Rex to come up with something, I'm just saying our defense has a much bigger obstacle ahead of them than Belicheck does game planning to stop Shotty's ridiculous offense.

7. Uzone27

Uzone27 New Member

Maybe,

But all OC's started as noobs at some point no?

True Chad probably doesn't have a ton of experience in the war room charting X's and O's, but he has done a pretty lengthy skit as an "intern" QB coach.

He has a Jet pedigree/Legacey is widely regarded as one of the smartest QB's in the league, and would be inheriting a team that would make being a noob a heck of a lot easier.

I'm not calling for Schotty's head either. As far as I'm concerned he's getting the job done and has proven to be a competent OC. The record speaks for it'self. Having said that I think some of the criticisms are justified and I personally won't bat an eyelash if he takes a job somewhere else.

As for Chad...I think he would be a quick study, and a great fit.
    I think the team would be talented enough to help him through any growing pains without too much of a hiccup, and it would be great to see the boy on the Jets sideline again.

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

This is what you need though. Its just like project management, as the coordinator you have so many different groups working under your command that you have to have the x's and o's guy...

Not saying Chad will not be there some day but he isn't now.

We need to win now.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I had a great time, man. The stadium looked great, I had no issues getting to my seats before kick-off, using the bathroom or getting food. My voice is hoarse as shit today but it was worth it. It was pretty loud at the stadium dont know how it sounded on TV but the atmosphere was great. I love when they blow the smoke out of the screens on 3rd downs, do they always do that? Overall 10/10 experience.

Sorry I couldn't meet up with u guys, next time for sure tho!

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Seems like only the national games...

Definitely man, looking forward to it.

11. Uzone27

Uzone27 New Member

Hang on,
    Checking the resume.....
    Proven leadership ability........check.

Not to belabor the point becuase we both know this would probably never happen, but I think your case is a bit overstated.

I could point out that Schotty never played in the NFL...but that didn't disqualify him from being an OC.

At the end of the day you are probably right, he might need a bit of grooming but for lack of other alternatives if Schotty were to leave, I think Chad would be an excellent candidate.

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I swear if I hear one more person tell me they aren't the same team I will flip a shit. No team is the same team as they were in week two and unless I missed something not having a hall of fame receiver makes you worse not better. The Pats and their fans and the part of the media that loves to suck them off can tell me that somehow Welker, Branch,Tate > Moss, Welker, Edelman but i'm not buying it.

I look forward to the Pats attempting to dink and dunk with blitzes in Brady's face and press coverage at the line.

I mean shit, the Jets were a ground and pound team in week two, remember?

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

You're confusing me OhioJet.

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I look forward to it as well as a matter of fact, I've been looking forward to the D blitzing and applying serious pressure every game so far.

Why is it then that I leave every game feeling a little unfulfilled?

I mean, shit man, they're blitzing but a calm, precise QB with a large lead will have the opportunity to move the chains..

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Cmon dude... It's not...Welker, Branch,Tate > Moss, Welker, Edelman but Welker, Edelman,WOODHEAD > Moss, Welker, Edelman

And...P.S....Considering that Moss was useless against the best team in the division....Woodhead for Moss is an upgrade, despite how unreal that sounds.

16. ukilledkenny

Maybe your expectations are too high. How have all these QB's we have played this season done with our complete lack of a pass rush? Is anyone over a 60% completion percentage? Has any of them had anything better than a mediocre game?

We aren't seeing QB's run for their life as much as last season but nobody has gotten into a rhythm for multiple drives in a row this season. Brady will be no different.

17. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

C'mon dude, it's not Welker, Branch Tate > Moss, Welker, Edelman but Welker, Edelman, WOODHEAD [are whiter than] Moss, Welker, Edelman.

And...P.S...let's see how Woodhead does against the Jets before we declare him an upgrade over Randy fucking Moss.

18. Hobbes3259

Cause you go to games with IATA ?

[​IMG]

19. Hobbes3259

Moss was useless against us with a healthy Revis.

For what they do, in games against us, Woodhead serves them better than Mandy Ross..

20. ukilledkenny

Revis and Cro shutting down whatever pieces of shit they want to put on the outside, 9 other guys clogging up the middle for the great white hope and two rookie te's and I am supposed to be worried because the Pats just aren't the same team as they were in week two.