Whole season means nothing, this week means everything

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Nov 26, 2010.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Win this week and were virtually guaranteed a bye week and a home playoff game.

Lose this game and were very likely at the exact same spot as last year even though this will beat (or tie) the best regular season in franchise history.

I just cant imagine a team having the best season in the ENTIRE HISTORY of its franchise and ending up as the #5 seed.

On the bright side though, even if the refs give the patriots this game we can almost definitely end up resting our starters week 17, and possibly even a little week 16 (Ravens Steelers play each other again so one of them is guaranteed a loss basically means if we dont suck hard core we likely could be locked into the #5 seed before week 17)

Eitherway well likely get a bye, only question is do we have to win 2 or 3 games to get to Dallas

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. The Patriots game has meaning to it?

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Look at your thread title, then read the last line of your post. You don't even agree with yourself.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I have more faith in them to go up there and beat the Pats than I do when they play an inferior opponent like Cleveland. Weird.

5. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

lol well what I was getting @ is the best season in franchise history could mean nothing if we lose one game.

Yeah well still get a "bye" week but the incredible seasons end result would be exactly the same as last years incredibly rocky up and down season.

6. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

We're going to beat them, they have 0 defense....Christ they won a one possession shoot-out against the Buffalo Bills.

We're going to neutralize Woodhead and the Lawfirm(bad ass name BTW), Cro and Revis are going to do their thing against Branch and Welker's midget ass and then our Safeties are going to have to do their best against Gronkowski and Hernandez but Leonard is up to any challenge. And we have to hope our pass rush did what they did this week

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

ahh classic overlooking.

We still have 2 other divisional games and some tough games against the Bears and Steelers. How the hell does 1 more win in WEEK 13 virtually guarantee a bye?

8. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Exactly we still have to go to Pittsburg and win there since New England already won there!

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Wed have to finish the season 2-4 with the Pats going 4-0 in order to not get a bye.

2 of those games are vs the Bills(@ home) and the mess of the Dolphins.

So yes id basically consider us as close to a lock as possible (without having clinched) to win the division (and thus a bye) if we beat the pats.

10. NYJalltheway

So we'd play 6 games and the Pats would play 4?

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Meant 2 outta 4 its late what can I say

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I stopped after I read Whole season means nothing...

Do you remember 2008 after Brett Favre's win over the Patsies in Foxboro to send us to 8-3? Then it all came tumbling down

13. NYJalltheway

Alrigh so that would make us 10-2 with the Patriots 9-3. We go 2-2 after that and they win out. We're 12-4 and they're 13-3. They win.

So basically if we win against them we still have to be 3-1 to finish the year to be safe..but yeah I think 2-2 would get the job done.

I think we'll at the end of it finish up at 11-5 or 12-4. I don't see us going 6-0 in the division and we'l drop one to the Bears or Steelers. Plus being a bit of a darksider I'm waiting for one of our classic let downs in a should win game.

14. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

ukilledkenny wins this thread.

15. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

The OP was basically correct in what he's saying, he just phrased it a little wrong.

If we don't win this week, it's extremely unlikely that we'll end up with anything better than a wild card matchup on the road, which is the same situation we were in last year after going 9-7. Patriots win the division, the Jets go on the road. Furthermore, if the Jets play the Patriots in the playoffs, they do it in Foxboro.

This isn't a must-win in any sort of a traditional sense of the term, but the OP is right. 13-3 and going to San Diego for a wild card matchup would be devastating, and exactly the sort of kick in the crotch that makes all of us hate the Patriots so very very much.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This thread needs a "Come on man"....... really?

17. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

we arent guaranteed anything, and every week counts just as much.

This year, every game is tough, for every team, and there's no easy walkthrough games...

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I love what Ryan said after the game in his on field interview. He hit all the right points....too many penalties & taking the next game head on.

He's a lot smarter than he gives himself credit for.

Sanchez took the right approach too...says he had a crappy game thet needs fixing fast.

I'm so in love with this team right now...:metal:

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You know the crazy thing about your avatar...I remember that game vividly...I think the Chiefs came back and won that game too. But seeing that stat was so hilarious.

Wish I knew Herm Edwards, I'd text that image to him haha

20. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Will probably be the MN game of the year, TO get your popcorn out after you finish choking your turkey