Empty seat celebration

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Nov 21, 2010.

1. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

I love games like these, when the true fans stick it out, and you can see 30 people going crazy in a section for 300. Heres to you, jet believers

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

here here....the faithful will be rewarded, and the non-believers shall burn. :beer:

3. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

imagine all the assholes at the stadium trying to cram back in to get a sneak peek at the miracle comeback. Hopefully there were a few well deserved nut punches

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Didn't you say you deserved a "kick in the nuts by a midget" in the game thread?

There should be lots of "nut punches" meted out to so called fans in the Jets vs. Texans game thread...

5. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Those who left early got what they deserved...they can watch the comeback on Sports Center

6. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Agree

the problem is with ticket prices so expensive you don't get the die hard jet fan. For the most part these are corporate guys who have an expense account and don't give a shit.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

If I was at the game I wouldn't leave. Why the fuck would you? 45 seconds left and crazier things have happened with the Jets this season

8. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

I noticed that as I watched the game. I never leave any type of sporting event early. I've paid good money for the tickets and it's not over til it's over. thousands of Jets fans found that out the hardway. To the Jets fans that were still there- way to stick it out and support your team.

I know a lot of Miami fans who wouldn't...

9. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

It aint over till its over!!Especially with the 2010 Jets

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

If I don't drive my car to the game, I can't complain that much about leaving early. When my group left early, I kept saying, "Are you serious?" You're not serious...."

There were like 30 of us surrounding some guy's TV in the parking lot in L7 to watch the Holmes TD. I kept the faith we were going to win, watching the game on the TV monitors outside, going apeshit and sprinting to the closest TV after the Braylon catch.

11. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Bears Fans Took Over Miami Thursday night....

Shame on some Jets fans but, Miami fan PLEASE....

I've been to a Bills / Miami game in Miami where the place was rockin' "The Bills make me want to shout" song....

And yeah, I could look it up - maybe 4 years ago and Miami DID come back and Miami fans were mostly onthe beach already...

Beat it.

And yeah, I might have mis-read you post... But, I don't give a shit a Miami fan posting anything about Jets fans just pisses me off... BEAT IT.

12. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

Classy post...

I was dissing most South Florida Dolphins fans, as they are awful about showing up to the games and giving us a home field advantage.

Jets fans wonder why Dolphins fans have such a problem with them. You sir are a perfect example of why we have the perception we have.

13. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Why would you leave a game with a minute left and behind less than a TD? Screw the morons that left. 3/4 of my section left after the INT.

Fine by me, gave me more room to celebrate and go apeshit!

14. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

my whole row in the upper-deck went nuts so many people left after the sanchez interception and I dont know how you could especially when you have plenty of time to score. What a great game

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Many Jets fans suck. Not saying all, but leaving after what we've been through this year? Pathetic. (Those who left)

16. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I couldn't believe all the fans who left the game, especially how the Jets won their past two games. I stayed not only because I am a true fan, but it was just the rational thing to do. The Texans started the drive after the INT at the 10, which means they couldn't pick up the 1st down, and even if they scored a TD we'd get the ball back at worst down by 1 possession. Lot of Jet fans are just plain dumb.

O, and beating the traffic is the worst excuse in the history of excuses. I left after the game and got out of the stadium area in 5 minutes. There was ZERO traffic. Kudos to the Jets staff for handling the coming and going of the game smoothly.

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

First of all, fuck all of you fans that call out all of us fans that actually go to games.

Second of all, STFU!!!!!

I just began my 4 hour ride home and guess what dickheads, I left my seats that I pay 2k a year for and i watched from the 2 minute warning on in the concourse. Then I walked to the lot that I pay 250/year for and celebrated the win with the folks I tailgate with.

At our tailgate today, we discussed all the stay at home fans that call out all of us pay to go to the games fans and you know what, go fuck yourselves!!!!!

Seriously......

Just crossed the GWB, I should be home by 9... Good thing it was a 1 o'clock game.

18. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Good to meet you and your wife today.

19. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

Well, Rex did ask them to come early... Didn't say anything about staying until the end..

I notice he amended his post game remarks. In the press conference he said the only ones who thought they would win were the team and the fans. In the locker room speech he said the team and the fans who stayed...

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with the ticket prices. I've been going for 30+ years and it's always been this way - from the time ticket prices were $15 to now. People leave early and never learn. I saw it in 1981 in the playoff game against the Bills and I saw it with the Monday Night Miracle and I saw it again today. After the Sanchez interception, all you had to do was a little math and you know the Jets would get the ball back with 50 or seconds left.

Those fans who left early should be ashamed. Games like this happen once or so a decade. Finishes like this are why you buy tickets in the first place. If you are planning to spend 3 hours watching a game, why leave to save 5-10 minutes???? What is the reasoning?

Ten years from now, what will you remember? That you were there when Sanchez drove the team 75 yards in 39 seconds to win the game (me and about 30,000 others) or that you got home 10 minutes earlier than you would have had you stayed (the rest of the crowd) ?????