Where will this put us in the Power Rankings?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfan76, Nov 15, 2010.

1. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

I've talked to about 3 or 4 Falcons fans earlier tonight. They are getting really cocky. No one is giving the Jets respect and the Falcon fans think they are the best team in football. I just don't see it. Only respect I give them is they are excellent in their own house. I think Matt Ryan has only lost 1 career game there. But I feel their defense is suspect and Turner is too damn inconsistent for our stud run defense to seriously fear. Roddy White would get shut down by Revis. Fuck that, we're #1. But we probably won't get it because no one is giving us respect. "Luck this, luck that. We went into overtime with the Browns and Lions." Fuck them.

#41 AJayJay, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If they have home field throughout the playoffs, they could make it to the SB.

But then they'd play us on neutral turf. That's when they lose.

Southern fans will always be cocky douches. Look at Fins fans.

#42 NDmick, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  3. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I guess they forgot how the eagles owned them.

eagles might be the best team in the NFC.
    I hope they play the falcons in tw playoffs because they will absolutely beat them.

They're legit. The falcons are smoke and mirrors. Good teams will exploit that defense. the ravens should have

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Yeah, the Falcons can be #1 if they're allowed to play all their games at home. Same as we would be #1 if we played all our games on the road.

NE beat Pittsburgh, Atlanta beat Baltimore, so they will be the top two in some order or other.

5. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

who cares? why do you care? All I know is im just waiting for the other shoe to drop in this division. I don't think we're winning it.

6. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

^^ thats real positive... why would you say that?... we already beat the pats head to head and we are right there with them. We just beat the team that they lost to. Yeah they are a tough ass team but we can hang in this division.

I am just really hoping they start losing a little bit soon. The dolphins are right there too.

7. perfectpackage99

power rankings are BS

But they will rank as follows imo. You can not rank the Pats higher then the Jets as the JEts have beat them and they will beat them again in a few weeks.

1) Falcons
    2) Jets
    3) Patriots

8. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Jets beat them in Week 2, it's long enough ago that they will not put too much weight on it.

9. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

3rd... they will put us behind the pats and falcons... say they beat better teams this week and thats all they remember... and espn loves the steelers so the pats beat them so they go to #1

10. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

1) Cowboys
    2) Bills
    3) 49'rs
    4) Jets

Jets will be ranked #4 .... I have the same magic 8-ball the ESPN uses when generating these rankings.

11. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

No, they will put you at 4,5,6 because you have eked out wins against 3 terrible teams now

12. perfectpackage99

ESPN may do that, I think CBS will rank us # 2, fox will rank us #2, ESPN probably # 3, anyway who cares, they had the Giants ranked # 1 which was the biggest joke I have ever seen, I predicted the Giants would get beat this week, almost prediced the score too.

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Brady owns the Steelers and Pitt was obviously hurting due to all the injuries. Their Oline was awful and Hines Ward not playing was killer. They will prob go Falcons 1, Pats 2, Steelers 3, Jets 4 because they got "lucky" again

14. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

One thing is for sure, each week, the number one thing posted in these threads is how useless power rankings are. We get it. It's just "fun" to discuss this sort of thing, especially for bragging rights at work ;)

15. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

I'm also really interested in how far the Giants fall LOL

16. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

lOL. tHERE IS SOMETHING AMISS!

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

One interesting argument that supports the Jets as being the most complete team is both of their losses were close, toss-up games decided in the 4th quarter. They EASILY could have won one or both games that they lost. Meanwhile, the patriots and falcons have both been blown out this season. Also, the Jets are an incredible 5-0 on the road.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't see the Jets getting any love at all and will probably be dropped further down because we were "lucky"..

19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

sumwun weally sad about the 2 chad's??

Breakout the 5X turquoise for your QB JaMarcus Russell..

Lat week we were 5th behind the Ravens, Steelers, Falcons, and Giants. (at ESPN)

All teams lost except for the Falcons, so we're definitely top 3.

Maybe with the Dolphins big win the can move from 17th to 16th?? How would that be? Would you like that guy?