Holmes-"We never ran a slant all game"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by concussion80, Nov 14, 2010.

1. nycgoons

nycgoons New Member

He was double teamed majority of the game.

2. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Holmes run a slant on the 3rd and 3 near the end of the game where Abram Elam almost picked off the pass? He was anticipating a slant.

3. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

This. Also, we have many wide receivers and running backs getting open (Sanchez loves to dump off). On top of all that, we are still a balanced offense when you consider rush and pass attempts. A team like San Diego or Indy will give more looks to their tightends because they pass a lot more than they run. We don't have as many pass attempts to go around.

4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

i was wondering why we didn't run slants either.

we won the game, and our offense played well so i'm not gonna complain. they didn't defend against it so that was a part of the win.no complaints

but yeah, it was puzzling because it's a pretty high percentage route especially in short yardage situation. it's my go to 1st down machine in madden

5. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

I noticed the same thing

at the end of the game I was wondering why we didnt run any slants at all when they used to be such a big part of the offense.... I mean we dont need to run them every 3rd down like shotty usually does, but once in a while on a 3rd and medium-long

6. perfectpackage99

As it is in any business, stubborn idiots cause issues. MY boss is a stubborn idiot as well and that's why our company loses money. That being said, Schotty is an idiot too, wake up, be more flexible, use advice from others in a constructive manner.,

That being said we still won, I think it's a good sign that the offensive players are putting pressure on teh coaches and coming up with idea's, since Schotty needs help.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yeah...playing against a DC that wants to apply pressure...yet...no 3 step drops...

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Santonio Called the Winning TD Play

WFAN played a audio clip in which SH claims he went to the CS & told them a slant play would work :up:

9. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

It would probably work more often than not if Shotty ever decided to call one.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I know, other teams run them all day, the Packers against us for instance.

I don't get why they don't, with Holmes speed and Braylon's size it would seem obvious to most.

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Seems like the only guy who doesn't know how to call plays for this O is Schotty!

Seriously though... it's amazing how much we try to play cutesy and not to our strengths... We have talent all along our O, why not use it instead of trying to out-smart the opponent every time?

This reminds me of the interview were Schotty said his schemes were designed to outsmart the opposing D... that was the right plan with Pennington & Coles... not with the talented guys we have now!!!

PS not trying to turn this into a Schotty thread but Sanchez calls the plays and we are good, Holmes calls the plays and we are good etc etc

12. championjets69

That is why so many fans dislike Shotty. Sanchez called the winning plays in the Det game & Santonio called the winning play vs Cleve. What does that say about RR confidence in Shotty? :jets:

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'd say there's about 70-80% chance Schotty will take a HC job with a new team next season....I remember Detroit wanted him to be their OC last season......if Detroit continues to fuck themselves over this season.....Schotty may get a sniff if Schwartz gets canned.

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I've been complaining about this for two consecutive seasons now; how do we always seem to have WRs who either (a) are not open (b) running routes so close to each other or (c) running routes too short and way too long of the 1st Down marker. It's ridiculous.

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

And that means that two teams (the Jets and whoever hires him) have front offices that know less about football and offensive play calling than the TGG masses. I wonder how so many stupid people got into positions of power?

16. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Sanchez may have asked for run the two-minute, but the plays are still being called by Schotty. Give him credit where he deserves it if you are going to dog him constantly.

17. championjets69

Wow I would say in Vegas the odds would be 9-1 against your proposal. Now if you say Shotty SR will be employed as a HC next year & then hire Shotty JR as his OC that I would say would be Vegas odds of 5-1 in favor :jets:

18. championjets69

Nope not in the last 2:46 of regulation + the OT Sanchez was his own OC which has been confirmed many times already :jets:

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Fanbases that have been suffering always crave change.....if the Jets finish atop the AFC.....I bet Schotty will get a few sniffs......you and I know it's stupid, because of his past playcalling gaffes....but other FO stupidity is our gain. :)

You're saying Schotty Sr has a better chance of becoming a HC than Jr. next year? Are your f*cking serious?

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Not in the no huddle, he has plays to chose from, and he's the one choosing them. Not Schotty