Rob Turner

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SackExchangeNYJ, Nov 14, 2010.

1. 624

624 Banned

He doesn't give a shit.

2. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I don't give a shit that he doesn't give a shit. He needs to get his shit together.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

He loses PoA when they put him in as a TE too many times. Turner in the same or a similar role has outperformed him consistently.

Hunter's a journeyman T for a reason, he's not good enough to start. If Hunter is an option to replace Damien Woody next season, FO fucked up.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Any updates on Slauson's injury?

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Seriously, is Ducasse really bad, or is Turner a much better OL? Its kind of sickening to see our first two picks not contribute to the team (Wilson didn't do much besides one decent PR). Make that three picks with McKnight. The 2010 draft hasn't done us much good. John Conner is the only player that plays pretty good at his position.

6. nyjets2sb

nyjets2sb Member

Turner goes out with a girl from my church, hes gone to a few of the masses/events... last thanksgiving I talked to him a little bit and hes a really nice guy.

7. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

wasn't wayne hunter the one subbing for slaughson most of the game today?!?!?

8. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I think the team is slowly breaking Wilson in at DB after throwing him into the fire early. He has the physical skill but I think he's not entirely ready mentally since his college opposition isn't in the elite strata of SEC, PAC10, BIG10 and such. Playing against NFL style offenses and receivers happened rarely so his learning curve is steep on a defense like this. Ducasse is a project so who knows how that works out. I have faith though

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

in case you hadn't noticed, sometimes it takes rookies more than 8 games to break into the lineups of super bowl contending teams.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Anyone who's been paying attention knows that Turner could start on some teams. He is talented enough at center to replace some schmo on a shitty OL. When he stepped in for Mangold against the Pats, no one noticed.

Ducasse is a total project. He'll probably end up playing RT when Woody retires. Be patient.

Wilson got snake bitten. It happens to rookies sometimes. He was strong against the Browns in the slot. Every thing is fine.

We got spoiled with draft picks immediately producing. Its not the norm.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Newsflash, we have one of the most talented rosters in the league, it's going to be difficult for rookies to get on the field.

12. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Turner has had the luck/priviledge to work under Callahan for 3 years... I say that polishes you game up quite a lot.

Wilson was very solid in the slot imo.

Ducasse and McKnight were going to be projects going into this season... I don't expect them to contribute much (if at all) until next season.
    Especially Ducasse is a high risk - high reward selection... but with Callahan in charge of those OL I feel good about him developing. He's the best teacher in the NFL to a young inexperienced lineman.

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I don't know, the argument I kept hearing in the off season was that Slauson and Ducasse would be fighting for the starting LG spot. Slauson has been nothing less then great, so I can understand why he beat out Ducasse. But once Slauson got injured, I expected the rookie to start.

Turner is without a doubt an excellent depth at OL. He has played extremely well subbing in on several 2 and 3 TE formations on running plays.

Maybe I got spoiled with our picks producing immediately. But Ducasse was projected to go in the first round by a lot of the 'experts'. When we drafted him in the 2nd, it was a really good pick. What bothers me is, if he was a project pick, why was he ranked so high? If we have to wait a couple of years before he can even start, and his draft status is justifiable, does that mean he would then quickly turn in to a great LG or RT?

Im not really worried about Ducasse to be honest. With Slauson playing so well, its not a bad thought at all if we have to lean on Turner in case an injury occurs. The great thing about Turner is, he is so versatile, he can sub in at any position on the line besides maybe LT.

McKnight was a project and he was a 4th rounder. Besides, we are loaded at RB so I wasn't expecting him to come in and start taking carries away from our other two RBs.

As for Wilson, we heard a lot of praise in the off season AND in the pre season. The moment the regular season kicked off, he went in to a shell. He may have had a good game against the Browns, but I don't even know the slot receiver he was covering. I hope he keeps it up and plays like that against a good slot receiver.

14. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Rob Turner's effectiveness this season should make everybody feel a little better about Ducasse's potential.

Remember, Turner became a Jet in 2007. Yes, that 2007, when Jacob Bender and Adrien Clarke were battling it out for LG and Anthony Clement was playing RT. Rob Turner wasn't good enough to beat out any of those shlubs.

Now, he's a starting-caliber G/C. It takes time, people! What we've done with the offensive line is exactly what dominant franchises want: we've got young stud starters locked up for years, we've got older studs filling the other spots, we've got experienced, quality back-ups who've played in the system for years and we've got a project rookie.

15. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

pass blocking was poor yesterday, sanchez should have been sacked at least three times. luckily he has the elusiveness

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

And not for nothing, but this line NEEDS a little more attitude.

Slauson has some, and will exhibit more as his comfort level grows.

Turner is just nasty....we need a little of that. Mangold is tough (as is Moore) but middle of the road, and Brick is as laid back as a ganja smoking surfer from San Diego.

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Turner had a very good preseason filling in for Mangold as well.

Hopefully we can lock him up whether he wins the starting job or not.

18. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

For all:

Turner is the back-up for the C/G position. Hunter is the back-up for the T position. The reason Turner was in is because Ducasse was inactive vs the Browns. He has been inactive for quite a few games.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/11/jets_rb_joe_mcknight_active_vs.html

I would think if Slauson was injured for a period of time, Ducasse would be promoted to starter having the week leading up to the game to work with the first team. Turner would go back to his fill-in role that he excells at.

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Wilson and Conner are contributing a little, aside from that this draft class has had little impact for the team. Of course they rely on veterans but the picks have been underwhelming.

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

The way Brick has been playing I dont care if hes a bigger pussy than that fat kid in the blind side.