Playcalling Playcalling Playcalling

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Oct 31, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries. Shonn Greene had only six carries.

2. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

i cant fucking believe there are still people defending schottenheimer.

he's so mediocre it's not even funny.

He's not surprising anyone. He's a slap-dick offensive coordinator. How many more failures must it take for people to realize this?

He blows ass.

F

3. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

Which is only 4 below his season average of 10. And he dropped another screen. Dropped another screen. Dropped another screen.

4. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

Shottenheimer sucks....

he's good at drawing up gimmicks and cute ideas, but he should go coach the dolphins with that.

Certain calls were awful. The wildcat on 2nd n 10? The hail mary call on 3rd and 8 on the second to last drive?

the end around? retarded

5. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

So I guess the "hail Mary" on 4th down vs the Broncos was also retarded?

And let me just say, I may agree with you. But it worked last time...

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

It's funny how, for some people, Holmes' drop that would've been a TD (at the start of the 3rd Quarter) exonerates Schotty, as if 7 points - instead of 0 - would be acceptable.

Can anyone name the last SB contender, i.e. one of the perennial elite AFC teams, to get shut-out?

7. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

You fucking called it

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=60793

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I can't fucking believe that people still choose to make everything so particular. It's possible to be critical of Schotty without blaming him for everything. Does Schotty still have shit to improve on? he sure does but he can't control what the players do on the field. The bottom line is that the Receivers played like a bunch of slap-dick's. if they had caught even 4 or 5 of those drops and not allowed those bullshit turnovers by holding onto the ball the Jets win the game.

9. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

How is that even relevant? And no, his season average was 12 before this game, so his # of carries today was half his season average. Furthermore, wtf does him dropping screens have to do with him getting carries?

10. ukilledkenny

Add in another 3-4 of the other drops and actually hold onto the ball on the crap turnovers and your looking at at least 10-14 points. Blaming Schotty before you blame the players for leaving plays on the fucking field like a bunch of losers is beyond me. Schotty was good enough to win the game today, even with the stupid play calls, the players weren't.

11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

And his average of 10/game is about 5 less than he should be taking on our "pass heavy" days.
    Greene is a battering ram of a RB who was never known for his hands. We brought in LT to help out as a receiving option and in pass pro. Why the fuck Schottenheimer likes to put Greene in on passing downs when we have a much better option, instead of letting him take the load off of our 31 year old de facto starter is beyond me. Greene should be getting more carries and Tomlinson should be getting more blocking assignments.

But please continue to use Schottenheimer's mismanagement of players' strengths as a justification for when he screws up more.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The 2000 Baltimore Ravens lost 4 games by scores of 16-9, 10-3, 14-6, and 9-6 and went 5 straight games without scoring a TD in the middle of the season. Is there that much differnence between losing 9-0 and 10-9 and the scores the Ravens lost by in 2000? I'm sure if I did some more research I would find past and recent Super Bowl teams that have been shut out or who scored 3 points in a game. It's one game people - calm down.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

14. The Uniform Bomber

The players fucked up royally today, but it doesn't change the fact that at the end of the game, we had a chance to win, and Schotty flushed that chance down the drain on 3rd&8. If we won, I don't think all would be forgotten, but at least he would've achieved a little bit of redemption. Instead, he called one of most boneheaded playcalls I've ever seen on 3rd&8, on our last chance to win.

Off the top of my head, that Ravens team was the first I could think of (and they weren't even totally shutout), and that was 10 years ago, which is exactly my point.

15. The Uniform Bomber

Good find.

So that makes 1, and apparently, after that first game, they adjusted.
    (Was Weiss the OC during that season?)

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

WRONG. schotty was good enough to lose the game and be in charge of an offense that sucked and got shutout at home coming off a bye against a packer D that was depleted by injuries. Schotty sucked today.

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"ground-n-Pound"???????

18. mgmrfn

mgmrfn New Member

Packers say Jets Offense was predictable

Are you putting your players in a postion to succeed when the opposition knows whats coming? The Packers said the offense was predictable (look it up- not the first time I've read things like this about Schottys playcalling) Running the ball is our strength, and stopping the run is the Packers weakness. The distribution of plays was ???? 38 pass plays 22 Rushes.

Whenever we start to get some rhythm, He calls something "exotic" to trick the opposing team. I saw several drives stall after some unusual play calls. LT run/pass? 2 B.Smith runs in a row after an 18 yard pass to Holmes? End around to Cotchery? QB Sneak on first down?

Playcalling was not the only reason we lost, but the playcalling was below average.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Because of the set he's trying to run from.

Wayne Hunter and Robert Turner need to be in there early.

20. ukilledkenny

He may have sucked but the fact remains that one touchdown wins this game for the Jets. If the players execute on half of the plays that they royally fucked up they get that touchdown at some point. His gameplan and play calling still could have won the game if someone like Cotchery or Holmes removes his head from his ass for just like 3 plays. I can't say I'm surprised that someone like you would take such a simple view point and not consider that the Jets could have won the game without the benefit of captain hindsight.