Ultimately the game does not REALLY matter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Oct 31, 2010.

1. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

True, this game was disgusting, a real tough pill to swallow. But as long as we stay a game behind the pats and the steelers, we control our destiny, as we still have a chance to beat them. We lose again and its another story. But for now, one weird as shit loss to an nfc team to put us 1 game back in week 8 is not the worst thing in the world

2. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

3. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Every loss matters. However, if I had to pick four games I had to lose each year they would be the four against the NFC. The problem is...losing a home game to a team that isn't as good as us.

#3 MParty7441, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Yeah let's just brush putting a performance today worth of drops, turnovers, confusing play-calling, bad special teams.

All of this while coming off a BYE week and playing at home...

Yeah doesn't matter.

5. grayburn

grayburn Member

I think this game mattered quite a bit, but we still do control our destiny here. Green Bay is a solid team and they shut us down on offense. I'm pissed; not worried.

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I think we wake up and start rolling...think defense shut down arron & company. Things will progress and the rust will wear off. I'm not worried at all. Long year still

7. Ao11111

Ao11111 New Member

You want to stay a game behind the Pats and Steelers? Not the worst thing in the world of course but it still matters.

8. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

This is what happens to fans after being forced to accept mediocrity as the best possible scenario. Its called JETS FAN SYNDROME.

9. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

That is two games in a row where the offense played poorly. I'd be concerned. The next two games are not gimmes. This team had better get its sh*t together and soon. The Jets started good early last season and they hit some bad streaks. They can't afford too many slip-ups this year. Too many good teams in the AFC (and the Pats look damn good in the east).

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Agreed...losing to an out of conference opponent is not the end of the world.

The end of the world is when your QB and WRs are so far off from each other they cost the team the game.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

No he does have a point. If we walk into New England tied with them or a Game behind them, it would not make a difference. We would still have to win. If we lose, we don't get the division.

The only thing it affects is, that we are now tied with the Ravens, and they have the tie breaker.

12. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

The Jets started to play better after the week 1 loss. This loss will hopefully stoke the fire and the Jets will go on another five game winning streak. Not even close to panic time.

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Technically the OP is correct. No reason to rip him. He is basically saying if the Jets win out it would include a win vs. New England and the Jets have the tiebreaker with 2 wins against them. Its a stretch, but true.

Speaking of the Patriots, they still have some tough games to get through:

Steelers, Colts, Jets, Bears, Packers, Dolphins.

I heard someone talking as if they were already 15-1 today. Panic is annoying.

15. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

it matters in that you want to play at home in the playoffs. if you make them, that is.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Until you lock up your playoff fate every game matters. You simply cannot lose games when you only allow 9 points.

17. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

My issues are not with the W or L. My issues after today are in the play of the offense, specifically in 3 areas:

1. Quarterback play
    2. Penalties
    3 Drops

We will not make it to the promised land making these kind of mistakes and being inconsistent with our play. We need to stop with the stupid penalties, regardless of whethe they are questionable or not.

The drops are absoutely killing us.....

But the biggest concern to me is the play of Sanchez. We will need Sanchez to make plays later in the season and right now he is very inconsistent.

I'm not jumping off the bridge just yet, but I have to say that wth another poor game by MS, I may start asking for directions........

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

yeah, and you don't want to play in the wild card round

Will the Jets ever in my lifetime grab a division lead in September and maintain the lead all season? I've yet to experience such a thing. You can never be comfortable rooting for this team. Hell, it was not even great when the Jets started 5-0 in 2004. They were not in sole possession of 1st place.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

every game matters.

/thread

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Who made you judge, jury,, and executioner?

The OP explicitly said this game doesn't matter. That's good enough for me. The Jets are still 5-1. I am calling Goodell to make it happen.