Jerricho Crotchinjury

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MBGreen, Oct 31, 2010.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jets fans are insane. Cotchery never played like he did today. Come on guys.

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Maybe this was just a bad one for Jerricho, but if it was, it was an atrociously bad one and he has not been targeted a lot by Sanchez this season. After a game like this, something makes me think both Mark and Brian will be looking back to Keller.

The INT was in his hands and the 3 or 4 drops were all balls he needs to catch.

Jerricho had a really, really bad game, and his ineffectiveness is reflecting on Sanchez, which it shouldn't.

It's OK though, we are 5-2 and about to head on the road for 2 games. Let's hope this loss will make the guys play like hell next week and the week after....we need it, especially on the O and D lines.

3. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

some of you are retarded. cotchery's drop total today probably equals his drops over the last 4 years. he had 1 last season and I don't even remember it.

was he a big reason why we lost? yes but to kill this man like he's justin mccareins is just unfair.

4. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Only because we also have Keller, Holmes, Edwards, and LT on the team, plus Sanchez only had 1100 yds passing before today. And Sanchez has been targeting Cotchery sometimes, he just misses a lot of throws. I remember 3 or 4 really bad ones against Minnesota (I think against Minnesota), when Cotchery was wide open.

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I didn't mean sit, I meant, not start.. I'm frustrated and can't think right now.. :lol:

But yea, I agree with you, don't start opposite Braylon.

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Holmes dropped one on the very first drive too. No one could catch anything today....

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Holmes other drop was much much worse as it probably would have been a 15-20 yard gain.

BTW am I the only one that thought Cotch's last drop was a catch and fumble? It clearly looked like he had two feet down and complete control of the ball.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Isn't it two feet down and then a couple steps?

9. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

the ball holmes dropped when he came across the middle looked like it was going to be a TD.

sanchez also didn't see edwards wide open downfield on the PA rollout. those are 2 TD's we left on the field. add in the cotchery drops. it was a complete offensive meltdown today. sanchez wasn't that bad. he made some bad throws but the WR's are the main reason.

10. Barry the Baptist

I must not know the rule because even without the steps it looked like a catch. But if your saying he needs to go forward then yeah I guess it would be just another drop.

11. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

I'm one of the biggest Cotchery fans, but today was not his day. Never seen him drop balls like that before. Granted, it was only 2 that he completely dropped. The others he was either covered well or nailed with a big hit that anyone would've had trouble hanging on to. He was still the leading receiver today and put us in a position to score after his big catch over the middle. Still kind of shocked at the whole situation. I thought Braylon would've been thrown to a lot more than he was

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

He picked the wrong day to have an off game, but some of the bashing in this thread is a little on the ridiculous side.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yeah I think I've seen on challenges where the announcer says "he has to make a football move for that to be considered a completion". I'm not entirely sure but I'm pretty sure.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Who would have thought that Braylon would be more sure-handed by a good margin thus far in the season?

Not me....

15. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

His one defining attribute was that he doesn't screw up. Now he's completely worthless.

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

The "football move" language was taken out of the rule book for catches years ago. He has to maintain possesion with two feet inbounds if he's standing or maintain possesion throughout a fall if he's going to the ground to make a catch.

17. Barry the Baptist

So on that play it isn't near the sideline and he isn't falling down. He has control and two feet down? I thought it was a catch and fumble but maybe I'm wrong based on the rule.

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The packers had a linebacker on him most of the time. In the beginning of the game he was still having difficulty getting separation. It's more than just today Cotch has had problems Catch-ing all season. One thing for sure I never want to see us throwing the ball to Cotchery on a sideline go route.

19. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Had problems catching all season? Out of the first 6 games he had 1 dropped ball. Sure, he had a terrible game today, but don't act like he's been dropping passes all season.

20. Uhm a Jets Fan

Uhm a Jets Fan New Member

It's Halloween and Cotchery just couldn't lay off the butterfingers