Kris Jenkins on CBS Pregame Show

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Oct 24, 2010.

1. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

I love Jenks but I wish he could stay on the field

its been 3 years in a row now... come on guys

2. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

You don't know what you're talking about. The NT position drop was big from Jenkins to his replacement. From the NT position Jenkins can stuff the run & sometimes generate pass rush & every play he's battling a minimum of 2 men.

NT doesn't make the highlight reels but if they can't handle their positions, there aren't going to be defensive players around them on the highlight reels either.

Can't judge a NT by their stats. Judge by how many men are needed to keep him out of the play & if he can still control the middle of the field afterwards. Jenkins was a beast. You really think the only reason Jets keep giving him chances to come back is only because of his personality?

===
    Would the Jets defense be # 1 in stats?? We'll never know but the Jets D would definitely be upgraded w/ (healthy) Jenkins.

#22 ajax, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  3. SexyRexy11

SexyRexy11 Member

Jenkins... I love the man and I admire his passion for the game, but this guy's knee is just plain destroyed. I just don't see how he could possibly suit up for another season. However, I truly do hope I am wrong.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Everyone can play this game:

If you don't think Pouha is one of the best NT's in the league, you don't know what you are talking about.

By saying the defense didn't lose as much as you may think with his absence, it isn't a knock on Jenkins. The Jets 3 top Dlineman are excellent.

5. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Jenkins got penetration more often then any of the current NT's the Jets are using. This defense is absolutely better with him. They lost Depth AND Performance.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Jenkins was able to disrupt things and get up field after the qb much better than Pouha or DeVito.. without him occupying 2-3 blockers, our pass rush suffers. With him our defense would absolutely be better. That's not a knock on Pouha, Pouha is a great player.. but having Jenks AND Pouha is a force to be reckoned with.

7. Sanchez2KellerFTW

Big Jenk will be pulling for this team whether on the field or off

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Jenkins announcing that he hopes to come back next year whether he means it or not was a brilliant move because it keeps him relevant, or at least on everyone's mind in NY. That way he can do these types of appearances to prepare himself and audition for his next job - an NFL show host. Very smart Kris, very smart.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

For the record where Jenkins loss is bigger were the times Rex/Pettine had Ellis,Pouha and Jenkins in. I think the first play against the Ravens was proof of how good that alignment would have been.

10. M00CHNESS

M00CHNESS Member

[​IMG]

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You think he read this guide or what?

[​IMG]

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

[​IMG]

13. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Did you bother reading the post I quoted?

Original post .... Boomer must be high to think this defense can be # 1 if Jenkins was playing .... do you agree that Boomer must be high/crazy to think this defense can be better w/ healthy Jenkins?

14. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Bump for those who missed it:

http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/play/cbssports

On the left side go to NFL videos and then on the bottom go to second screen. There's Two videos, one where he punks Haynesworth and one where he owns TO and Ochocinco (and gets a hug from Boomer)

Sorry there's no direct link.