Rewatched Jets-Phins (Slauson/Wilson)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Oct 1, 2010.

1. sg3

sg3 Banned

Wilson in his rookie year is way better off learning the NFL game as a slot/nickel corner. In the 2010 NFL that guy is on the field 90 percent of the time anyhow. Drew did a nice job against Miami and has shown great improvement this season. With Cro covering Evans this week, he gets the number 2 Bills receiver who he can probably handle.

Revis could be back for the Viking game and I'm thinking the addition of Pryce will reduce the time QB's have to stand back in the pocket making all members of the DB corps look better.

We are lucky to be facing Harvard this week and the washed up old wrangler next week

2. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

faneca is platooning at LG in arizona and struggling more than slauson .... and hes only getting worse, at least slauson is improving

3. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

Great write up. Hopefully by mid season both these guys will be settling into place. I dont re-watch every game but when I do, I get a much better understanding of the results of every play.

4. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

im taking it you guys edit the game to get rid of the time outs etc. If i could do that I would rewatch the game for sure.

5. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

coleman is against parrish? remind me to pick up and start parrish on my fantasy team this week

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

It's called Fast Forward.

7. raphac

raphac New Member

Its weird this is a topic of discussion, because last night I downloaded the dolphins game and rewatched it, first time I ever did that...

carryon

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Slausson is the most dangerous player on the field for the Jets. One error, and he's made a few in pass protection, could end Sanchez season and with that the Jets chances as well. D'Brick is regressing some also, which is understandable given that he has a hole lining up inside of him.

I'm don't think Slausson is playing as badly as Adrien Clarke was at this point but I also think he's creating enormous pressure elsewhere and that pressure could turn into a lost season in the blink of an eye.

9. ........

........ Trolls

I record all of the games and pick out a player on either side I want to watch, then fast forward to the plays. I've thought about trying to compile some sort of offensive tendency list out of different personnel packages and formations, but I think that's a bit too time consuming. Someone was talking about splitting duties (I think it was Tbird and Madbacker) and having different people watch different players and share analysis. That could be interesting.

Yeah, Slauson did a great job of improving through the game. Like I said, there's nothing physically that he can't do. He's just not up to game speed as far as his decision making sometimes. Pass protection is CLEARLY his strong suit, which as another poster said in here, seems to be the higher priority. His run blocking, however, seems to be a big part of why LT has had more success than Greene. He hits the hole just a bit quicker, so the adverse numbers game doesn't hurt as much at the first level. I'm sure they're working with Slauson on his first level blocking, but right now on those guard pull plays, he gets into the second level untouched. It's a pretty significant problem, but one that I'm sure they can fix. I really do think he'll be our LG for some time.

10. ........

........ Trolls

His pass blocking on Sunday was for the most part good. He's not requiring help nearly as often as he was. I counted maybe 3 poor pass plays for him. In the first quarter, he had two that resulted in pressure on Sanchez because Mangold had to shift over and assist, leaving an extra rusher. On one of the plays, Conner whiffed as well. The last one was his legitimate holding call, and even there, Starks was coming in low. There was no way for Slauson to get leverage, and in some ways holding was the right move as it protected Sanchez from getting hit at the knee.

11. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, that's not what I said at all. You seem to have a habit of attacking people with ZERO knowledge of what they're talking about.

I was also very clear that the holding call was bullshit.

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm a Yankees fan. I have something to watch in the football offseason. :smile:

The entire appeal of sports for me is the excitement of the ups and downs of a game. After it's over, there's none of that left.

A few times I've recorded the Jets game while being unavailable, and had the outcome ruined before watching. I still watched the games, but was completely unenthusiastic about it.

You're just one big ray of sunshine, huh? :eek:hmy::smile:

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Yeah, I guess some people want to run their own analysis since there's only so much insight you can get from press conferences, and you want to rely as little as possible on the "expert" analyses like Cimini and Francesa.

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I don't read or listen to either of them. I make my analysis based on what I see in the game. I'm not taking the time to break down film though. That's a lot more trouble than it's worth to me.

If others want to do that, unpaid, more power to them. I don't particularly understand it though.

15. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

When there is no need to be an Ass, you can always guarantee someone will be! well done for being that man!

16. Heavy Metal Thunder

how do you find time to make those Boom Bom Pow techno re-mixes?

17. ........

........ Trolls

Like you said, watching the games as they happen carries a certain measure of excitement and emotional attachment. You're naturally going to want to follow the flow of the game and, more specifically, the ball. You don't get a full understanding of it that way, though. Football has more moving parts than any other sport, and rewatching games is an easy way to analyze those parts to better understand what's happening during the games and get a feel for why the team is performing the way it is.

As far as the 'trouble', with fast forwarding, it usually takes an hour or less to analyze two players (one on each side of the ball). That includes rewinding for certain plays.

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

where can I find the jets dolphin game online to rewatch or do you all tivo it.

19. sg3

sg3 Banned

pretty funny

not much anguish, concern and handwringing last season about Faneca ending Sanchez' career with one mistake when Faneca's pass protection was far worse than Slauss' pass protection has been this season.

a second year player at LG??

OMG -- the SKY is FALLING

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

DirecTV has a feature on the SuperFan package called Short Cuts that cuts out everything except 3 seconds before the whistle and 3 seconds after the whistale, and adds a few highlights to fill the full 30 minute time slot. They do it for every game that if shown on a Sunday Ticket channel, but not the nationally televised ones shown on prime time.