17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

did you see the inside?? they have LCD screens in place, tiled floors.and how would parking and traffic be on Sundays in the fall if this place was ever built.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

At least he left a suicide note before he self destructed.

IT'S GO TIME, ROJF!

Di-Di Mau, Mother F*cker!

3. Section 227. Row 5

No, I didn't pay close attention to the inside. It sounds like it is VERY far along. But you're right, I can just imagine what a Sunday would be like if this place is open during a game. Forget about it. That would be the last straw for me... I'd be on my couch and not writing any more checks made payable to the NY Jets, that's for sure. What a nightmare.

4. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

I don't think stores can be open in that county on Sundays so I think it would be fine. However, get a Monday night game and good luck!

5. Clayture

Clayture Member

Its not like I post a lot, but I have been reading this thread a bit since getting seats, and want to thank everyone for the useful information.

I enjoy conversation between Jets fans. I hate going to blogs where they get infiltrated by assholes, like you see in a lot of newspaper blogs. So its refreshing to see when this thread was getting out of control, that action was taken, and it can get back to being a worthwhile read.

In the last month or two I found I wasn't even reading ROJFs post, they were becoming rants and out of control.

I agree whole heartedly with the notion that I buy tickets because I want to go to the games, not for re-sale. Its guys like that. that drive the prices up in the first place, for the rest of us.

6. Section 227. Row 5

You could be right about the blue laws, but nobody thought this through before they broke ground? No wonder retailers don't want the expensive overhead... no Sunday sales would kill them... at least 16 Sundays (and/or Monday and Thursday nights). Plus playoffs.

REALLY stupid proposition from the get-go, IMO.

7. TheSnake71

TheSnake71 Member

Riverside Square
    Paramus Park
    Bergen Mall
    Garden State Plaza

All 4 are closed on Sundays... and all 4 have huge retailers represented in their complex... I dont think not being open on Sundays was an issue, and I'm pretty sure they were aware of it before construction started.

I dont think that is the issue here.

8. 17a_tailgater

Main features
    The project, based on Madrid XanadĂș in Madrid, Spain, will be divided into five areas, called "districts":

[edit] Sports
    A sports-themed district. Attractions include:

Cabela's: A 160,000 sq ft (15,000 m2) hunting and outdoors store that will include waterfalls, a trophy display of wild animals, and indoor archery range. Cabela's may opt out of their contract in November 2010 unless Related Cos. persuades them to stay on board.
    SnowPark: Formerly named "The SnowDome", SnowPark Meadowlands is a 250,000 sq ft (23,000 m2) indoor ski/snowboard slope that will be open year round. It is the first indoor ski/snowboard slope in the U.S.
    IFly Meadowlands: A skydiving simulator and Vertical wind tunnel.[9]
    Sports Authority
    Adrenilania
    [edit] Entertainment
    An entertainment-themed district. Attractions include:

AEG Live!: a 3,400 capacity live theater by Anschultz Entertainment Group that will hold concerts and other live performances. It will be "sister" to the Nokia Theatre in Times Square, NYC.
    The Movie Experience: An upscale 17-screen movie theater with IMAX and stadium style seating.
    Lucky Strike Lanes: An upscale bowling lounge that brings together bowling and entertainment, where visitors can bowl in a room with 1930s/1940s themed decoration while eating American cuisine in a restaurant and lounge.
    The Funplex: A 20,000 sq ft (1,900 m2) family entertainment center, with a 3,000 sq ft (280 m2) arcade and attractions including Lazer Tag, Bumper Cars, and a 4-D Theatre. The premiere attraction of the facility will be an immersive live-action role-playing game called Magiquest. There are also locations in East Hanover and Mt. Laurel, both located in New Jersey as well.
    WonderWorks: An interactive museum featuring over 100 exhibits. The exterior features a facade of an upside-down building. There are also locations in Orlando, Florida and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
    Cancelled:

Digital Playground: Circuit City planned a new concept store with the feel of a consumer electronics trade show. Visitors would roam the expansive floor to explore, experience, and purchase next-generation consumer electronics and technology in a completely new, hands-on way. The concept was canceled mostly due to the bankruptcy of Circuit City.[10][11]
    Muvico 26: Muvico Theaters planned to open a 26-screen, 6,500-seat, Egyptian-themed 160,000 sq ft (15,000 m2) movie theater. The theater was to include its own restaurant and bar, nine balcony auditoriums, a rooftop terrace featuring a 60-foot (18 m) outdoor screen, and an on-site helipad. The theater was later reduced to 17 screens, and then later canceled[12]. A theater is still planned, now known as "The Movie Experience".
    Virgin Megastore: It was announced in March 2009 that all U.S. Virgin Megastores would close.[13]
    [edit] Youth Culture
    A district which will include children's stores, interactive games, and play areas. The district's planned name was "Children's Education" until February 2008 when it was changed into "Youth Culture." Attractions include:

Legoland Discovery Center: The largest discovery Center in the US.
    It's Sugar!: The largest specialty sweets store in the world, it will house a candy-themed bridge over a 30-foot (9.1 m) chocolate waterfall into a 36,000-square-foot (3,300 m2) city created out of sweets with a candy-themed elevated ride and candy museum. A location at the Pier at Caesars in Atlantic City is already open.
    Wannado City: An indoor role-playing amusement center. There is an existing location at the Sawgrass Mills mall in Sunrise, Florida.
    [edit] Food & Home
    A food & home district with restaurants include:

Zeytinia: A gourmet food market with on-premise dining, Zeytinia sells fresh perishable foods and chef-prepared meals, upscale brands, imported food, market stalls, tasting stations and pantry.
    Cooking Studio: An area where visitors can watch world-renowned chefs duel in competition in a cooking studio that will be featured on national TV.
    Culinary Arts Center: A state-of-the-art cooking school, theater-style demonstration area and themed ancillary retail located in the Food & Home District.
    Mitchell's Fish Market
    The Melting Pot
    Sofrito: A Puerto Rican/Caribbean restaurant by Jimmy Rodriguez.
    The Cheesecake Factory
    Benihana[14]
    [edit] Fashion
    A fashion area will have most of the mall's stores, and an area for fashion shows. In the mall's site plans, there is room for a department/anchor store at this end of the mall.

[edit] Other features
    Commercial Four 440,000-square-foot (41,000 m2) class A office buildings built over a six-story parking podium will be located next to the mall. However, construction of the office buildings is slated for the future and depends on favorable market conditions and the health of the general economy.

Accommodations A 520-room, twelve-story hotel will be located near the office buildings next to the mall.. However, this too is for future development and is also dependent on favorable market conditions and the health of the general economy

Pepsi Globe

The project under construction as seen from an airplane (April 19, 2008)Announced on February 2008, the "Pepsi Globe" observation wheel will be constructed facing the NJ Turnpike. At 287 ft (87 m) high, the 26 glass-capsule wheel will be the tallest Ferris wheel in North America. Pepsi will have a 10-year naming right with the wheel, with the attraction operated by Merlin Entertainments. Construction on the Pepsi Globe has been delayed another year due to construction interfering with the New Jersey Nets 2009-2010 season.[15

9. Section 227. Row 5

The whole list looks like a loser to me. Domino effect. Key anchors start to pull out and everyone else followed suit.

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The rents were probably also stupid high

11. 17a_tailgater

its like a bunch of people got stoned and said"you know what would be awesome,an indooor ski lift.how about a mall tooo yea and a hotel and odffice space and a movie theater.YEA WE WOULD MAKE A KIILLING...how about a concert hall too....yea pass the doritos and lets get tons of expensive food chains to set up there and charge a ridiculous about for rent.do you see what people are paying for shit houses nowadays......"

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Lol. Just flew home from the rain soaked city of syracuse.

Rojf-no more.

What about Fred mertz? Isn't that him too?

13. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I seem to remember reading in the post that Xanadu is a giant white elephant that will never open unless the state of NJ kicks in some serious money to the project. Every time I have read about it, I have flashbacks to Tony Soprano getting money for "the Esplenade."

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

So the sack of dicks has finally left the board? I'm sure that he's reading this and just wishing that he could jump back into the fray....

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Bad news: They've lobbied to skirt the Blue laws only for Xanadu.

I remember the initial conceptual drawings of Xanadu when it was first proposed; some amusement rides, a baseball stadium, mini car racing track, clean white futuristic looking design. What we are ending up with now is so far off of that it's laughable. I also remember it's proponents eschewing the idea that it would be more of a mall than an entertainment venue. ("No no no, there will be only a component of retail, but that's all") Well, we see how that's turned out. They are practically begging for retailers. So much of the project relies on retail that the recession practically killed the whole thing if it hasn't already. Xanadu is the biggest joke since, well, since Encap! I would never have imagined NJ could be had twice on such a monstrous scale. The fact that they are both Meadowlands projects is downright despicable. Take yourself back to 2000 and imagine what the Meadowlands area would be like today ten years later had both Encap and Xanadu been completed as originally designed and proposed. We all trusted, and dared to believe. What a nightmare. Even worse, no one's in jail for this.

With the new stadium built, there was an opportunity to create something marvelous that could have been a National model - an entirely new Meadowlands Sports Complex. An outdoor stadium, indoor arena entertainment complex like none other. If interconnected and designed in conjunction with the stadium it may have provided more horse racing attendance, saving the track. Even the fact that route 120 bisects the stadium and racetrack parking without being rerouted around the arena and parking decks is a joke. It was bad before this new, larger stadium was built even closer to the highway. During its first large sporting event at "NMS", people were hit by a drunk and killed. It will happen again. You almost couldn't even make this up. Been to sporting events in Philly? All their stadiums and arena share a common expanse of parking areas. There's no highway running through it. THAT'S a Sports Complex. This is, well, this is..... Xanadu!

Now we are left with this, and its reputation at this point is so bad, even with a facelift and more money I don't see how it's going to rebound the way it needs to rebound. I guess all we have now to look forward to is the largest lit-up spinning logo (Pepsi) in North America if we are lucky enough to kick the project back into gear to get to that point. God help us. Has more money ever been spent on something so poorly designed and planned that looks worse than anyone could ever imagine? No. Only in New Jersey.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Probably the best rant I've ever read on this, especially the points I boldened above. Route 120 should have DEFINITELY been re-routed. It could have been done easily too... just bring 120 around the east side of all this shit and make the current "dead zone" that is 120 extra parking lanes to the losts, or one big lot with no fencing. They need to stop fencing in all these individual lots also... allow people to walk freely from lot to lot (like in the old days at Giants Stadium, instead of making them walk miles to get around fences. Ridiculous.

If the state of NJ needs to put up a large amount of money to bail out Xanadu, I hope the voters take a different route. Before I would vote to pump money into this POS, I'd vote to spend the nmoney to tear the fucker down and pave it over, then re-route 120 around all of it. Now you have very adequate parking for both the stadium and IZOD with no hassles.

17. 17a_tailgater

would route 120 be routed behind lots j & l or behind the izod???

18. cuty suzuki

cuty suzuki Member

I think that the first use of the Xanadu monstrosity will be to host the NFL Experience at the 2014 Super Bowl. I can't see having all of the high rollers at the Super Bowl outdoors for 4+ hours before the game.

19. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

The NFL experience will be at the Javits Center on the West Side.

They have talked about using IZOD for the pre-game tailgate/concert..I suppose they might incorporate some parts of Xanadu if necessary.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Ha! The 2014 Superbowl? Want to hear people bitch?

The parking and inconveniences have people bitching now, and these are from local fans who are familiar as hell with the complex and been coming and going for years. Now you're going to have high rollers coming in for the first time? Paying $5,000 a seat and expecting a flawless experience? Hahahahahaa.a..... how rich!

Oh, this is going to be hilarious. Some NFL "experience." I can just see the writeups and reviews. Take Xanadu down by then and you MAY have a chance at having some satisfied attendees, otherwise that Superbowl will become the laughing stock of the entire sports world.

I can just picture one of those toothless imbeciles of a parking lot attendant from East Orange directing these high rollers out onto Rte 120 for the 4th time, giving them shitty directions to where they're supposed to park while harrassing them by telling them to "move on" fro the 4th time. This'll be unbelievable.