Who is the Most Underrated New York Jet right now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 8, 2010.

?

Who is the most underrated New York Jets player right now?

Poll closed Sep 29, 2010.
  1. Shaun Ellis

10.5%
  2. Brandon Moore

20.3%
  3. Brad Smith

11.2%
  4. Sione Pouha

13.0%
  5. Mike Devito

6.9%
  6. Bryan Thomas

6.2%
  7. Brodney Pool

6.9%
  8. Eric Smith

6.5%
  9. James Ihedigbo

4.7%
  10. Other

13.8%
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Pool is good and underrated for sure, but hard to call him the best FA pickup when you pick up LT and Jason Taylor.

2. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

i'd say ellis, guy just goes about his job but does everything we ask and more

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Jericho is being phased out of this offense...hes not underrated. Hes anice little player....thats a bout it....Braylon is better, Santonio is miles better, Keller is a way better weapon....ummmm thats about it

4. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

i voted for brad smith. it seems there are a lot of voices every training camp calling for him to be cut. but the guy is just so dynamic and nearly every time he touches the ball, it turns out good.

i'd also like to give an honorable mention to James Ihedigbo. he is very solid all-around. very few mistakes. like leonhard.

5. neonleon

neonleon Member

Bryan Thomas is great at stopping the run. He is someone who is extremely underrated on this defense.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

We all know where BT is at. We know he has a fat contract that doesn't match his production. He is a having a good season so far and seems rejuvenated.

7. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

In terms of across the NFL only Ellis gets any real notice. Brad Smith is getting a little talk because of his versatility when he goes in at QB. Obviously a gadget play coming but he can run and throw and works to block. So teh list is wahat it is

Amongst Jets fan that know I think we can say that Brandon Moore is no longer underrated and hated on like he used to be. I think he flew under the radar in 2006/7 because he had Clement (liability) to his right and Mangold was getting his feet under him to his left

Bryan Thomas is no longer underrated just expectations were high early on given where he was drafted

DeVito is very underrated. Look at the job he did last year when spelling Pouha, played with intensity got penetration and solid in the run and he's getting better every single down

My own choice is Eric Smith. Here on the board we all know him but generally in the "is he white" bs that get's thrown around - mark of a fan fave just a little however everything he does on teams and how he fits into the d scheme when he needs to he is an unsung and dare I say essential cog. BTW he hits like a truck and plays well above his apparent abilty.

Brodney Pool is a definite upgrade on Rhodes I think we just need to see a bit more before we call on the over/under

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Danny Woodhead, oh wait.... Lol

Seriously, I was happy for the Rollof. First midget TD ever, he's a inspiration for all tiny white Americans.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Pouha, the guy for the 2nd year in a row is being asked to fill in for a potential All Pro but so far he has played very good. He is solid and makes very few mistakes. I really like him as a player. He's no Jenkins but there isn't quite the falloff you'd expect from losing Jenk.

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The same guy that's been underrated for a LONG time.

Shaun Ellis

12. Weezy

Weezy New Member

I gotta go with Folk. This guy was trashed beyond words...and he has done a great Job.

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Mark Sanchez?

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Already 2 sacks this year...

5 away from topping Gastineau's Jet record. I really hope he does it.

He is having a great year, steady, quiet force.

15. rclinton

rclinton New Member

Pouha, playing more time again after Jenkins went down. Has anchored the middle very solidly.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

And he always comes up with one big play a game.

17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Bryan Thomas....this guy took a BEATING on this board for the first 3-4 years...he is SOLID...plays hard...and is literally everywhere on the field...yet, except for when he makes a tackle, you never hear his name. Period.

18. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

ERIC SMITH... And Gotta give it to B-Moore and DeVito!

19. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Wasn't thinking about Tomlinson... and Taylor has been extremely valuable with the Pace injury.

Still, Pool is only getting healthy now, and he is still learning Rex's system which is pretty complicated. Once he gets those two things down, look out. He made that saving tackle on Marshall, had that big pik against NE and he isn'y even settled into the system yet.

Pool is a guy who can and will make game changing and game saving plays. By the end of the season, he might be considered to be as important as Revis is. In Ryan's presser he talked about communication problems in the D backfield, including Pool, but went on to talk about the two big plays he made against MIA. Pool is a Ryan hand-picked player. He is still a young player too. He'll be here long after Taylor and Tomlinson are done.

20. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

I just found out my neighbor is cousins with Devito. He visits her frequently too. I live on the island