*** New Members Please Read/Introduce Yourself ***

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 12, 2010.

1. carolyny476

carolyny476 Guest

Welcome to forum! :beer:
    My name is Carolyny, from California.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

3. NC_Jets_SD

NC_Jets_SD New Member

Honestly, one my first memories must've been when I was about 5 and was at a game with my dad. I remember Al Toon making a catch and the crowd going "Toooooon!!" I had to ask my dad what that sound was for.

4. BigEvil

BigEvil Member

Hey there, im Scott from Staten Island. Long time lurker, occational poster. Love this place, especially the game day threads. :beer:

5. yem

yem New Member

Hey guys, long time lurker here. Grew up on LI and now live in Virginia. My parents had season tix at Shea. My first memory of the NYJ is AJ Duey slogging through the mud in the Orange Bowl. I was 3. It's been a rollercoaster ever since.

I have reserved optimism about this season. I really feel that as long as they don't turn the ball over, the sky's the limit. I can get past the INT's but fumbling is my biggest pet peeve. Opening night killed me.

I think we finally have a team that will beat the teams they're supposed to and play well in the big match-ups.

It's a great time to be a Jet fan for sure............Now let go get a goddamn snack.

6. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Trying to up my posts to ten so I can see the links
    Whats the best thread to read?

7. Jets Rule!

Jets Rule! Banned

Hahaha...I just had a big laugh at your expense. I glanced at your post and for a second, I thought u wrote u grew up on LT and now live in his vagina...lol My bad man, just had to put that out there. :beer:

8. mpark730

mpark730 New Member

Hi everyone. I'm new to the Boards - been lurking for a while mostly to help me decide where to buy tickets. I'm a new Jets fan - I grew up in Alabama where we have no NFL, but everyone likes football...moved to NYC twelve years ago and just gravitated to rooting for the Jets because of a few of my co-workers and brother in law. Anyway, I took the plunge and bought 2 PSLs a month ago and have been thoroughly enjoying myself!

9. Since I was 9

Since I was 9 New Member

As it reads, I've been a fan since 9, always have been a die-hard. Grew up close to Shea, graduated from Ramapo SHS in Rockland and currently live in Sarasota Florida. I've been reading this message board for a few years, and just got a job with an e-mail that inabled me to join!!!:breakdance:

10. NYCosmos

NYCosmos New Member

Whats up people? Im new year, my name's Rich and I'm from Queens. Pretty much a brand new football fan, only really started wathing this preseason. Grew up in a Giants family, but I always found their style of play boring so I decided to veer away from that. Ive watched every second of the games so far and im hooked, Jets fan for life :beer:

11. timbuck55

timbuck55 New Member

hey

I'm new here. Im 28 years old and actually became a hardcore jets fan since this past off-season. I've always been a giants/jets fan but for some reason only been to jets games my whole life. Well I decided to switch teams before the season started and been catching hell from all my friends. Lol oh well. I've been in the Army for 6 years now and going to do the full 20. I also love the Mets since birth..sad I know. But I'm sure many people here can feel my pain on that one. Well I live in long island and am in the New York National Guard now after doing 4 years Active Duty in Fort Riley Kansas, home of the 1st Infantry Division.

#231 timbuck55, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I applaud your honesty but becoming a diehard fan after we go to the AFC championship game along with the number 1 defense and rushing attack is the opposite of a diehard fan.

Were you a Giants diehard in 07 or actually after 07?

Anyway, welcome aboard!!

13. timbuck55

timbuck55 New Member

It's cool. I've been a Giants and Jets fan my whole life. I've always taped or watched both teams every year. I've never really picked a team to completely go all out for until this year. And the a big reason why the Jets is because I believe Rex Ryan will one day be a hall of fame coach and I love his coaching style. For some reason its never been like this with baseball, IE I love the Mets and I cannot stand the yankees whatsoever. Maybe I overexaggerated in being someone who has been diehard since the 60s or something but I dunno. In 07 I was the same as I always was. I just decided to pick a team to really root for instead of rooting for 2 teams this year. Anyways, thanks!

#233 timbuck55, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  14. OzJetFan

OzJetFan New Member

Hi all!
    My name's Dion and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I'm new to NFL, but absolutely LOVE the Jets and can't wait to see them continue to do well this season.

I've been on here for a few months, picking everyone's brains on this brilliant game you guys have over there! My dream is to one day see a game at New Meadowlands and hear that kickass, 'J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS' chant for myself =)

I look forward to a life of supporting this fantastic team and will actually understand what the hell's going on thanks to you guys on this forum :)

15. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

Good stuff Dion. Quite a few Aussies on here.

16. pcmodem

pcmodem Member

Hai!

I'm a lurker, Been one for a while now. Years of practice ignoring stickies made me not notice this thread, but now I'm fixin that goof!

I'm 32, but I've only been a Jets fan since I moved back to NY in 2000. I was born and raised in a NY Giants family, but never got into pro football as a kid. That changed after I spent a couple of years in Tampa, Florida which at the time only had football (and preseason baseball) - so EVERYONE was a bucs fan on sundays, no matter how bad they were - I got a good lesson down there in what being an underdog fan is like.

Once I moved back to NY, and reconnected with old friends who are die-hard Jets fans, their passion for the team eventually brought me on board and I've been trying to learn everything I can about my chosen team ever since. I love reading the threads here, they help keep me sane pre-season, post-season and before and after game day :)

17. Rascio

Rascio New Member

Life long Jets fan here. Been reading forums for a while, decided to join up in Aug. and chime in! Let's go jets!

18. iowajetsgirl

iowajetsgirl New Member

I'm a fairly new fan of the Iowa Hawkeyes and even newer to the Jets.

Go Jets!

19. headshoes

headshoes Member

Longtime Lurker, 1st time Poster..

20. ryanexpress69

ryanexpress69 New Member

Hi all, frequent lurker and new poster. Trying to get my posts up so I can enjoy your links! You all really provide some great insight into the happenings with the Jets. Thanks!