Which win felt better? Patriots or Dolphins?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 27, 2010.

?

Which win do you feel, felt better?

1. Patriots

86 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. Dolphins

110 vote(s)
    56.1%
  1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I think the Patriots victory felt better. The Dolphins win was huge but, the Jet D allowed way to many receptions and it was an unsettling game to watch.

2. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Anytime Tom Brady loses an angel gets their wings.

3. dcnr226

dcnr226 New Member

There will be no shutting up buddy. I didn't hear Jets fans shutting up when we beat you guys last year. You guys beat us, we didn't lose the game, rather you guys beat us. Our play calling is questionable, to say the least. We had some bright spots though. The task gets tougher will ur full squad in effect come Dec 12th, but this is precisely why it's a rivalry game...the season is not over by a long shot, and none of these games can be predicted (or bet on, per my constitution...thank God).

That said you guys thoroughly impressed on national television. It's hard to believe we didn't get to Sanchez once. He shined, as did Henne, and that will be a great matchup for years to come. But don't act like the Fins have been made irrelevant...we will continue to be a force in this division.

You guys handled us, but we fought back. This is gonna be a fun season..

edit: this is the first thread i stumbled upon, and upon reading the rest, i must say im impressed with civility of the threads today (for the most part). Even at the stadium last night, NO FIGHTS!

It was like both fans had good teams on the field, and both fans were nervous throughout...no shit-talking or classlessness, just a good contest. I can't remember the last fins-jets game where i didn't see trash-dolphin fans being unnecessarily vulgar or Jets fans trying their hardest to incite a riot.

Good shit, IMO.

#63 dcnr226, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Oh, i agree. As long as we take care of our business, it's not a big deal to us who wins. I'm just intrigued as a die-hard NFL fan to see that matchup between two very good teams.

5. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Pats, made more of a statement about our team and i was there so, yeah.

6. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Miami. Those 2 losses stung pretty bad last year. Hadn't beaten them since Week 1 of 2008 so this was overdue.

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

After hearing dolphins fans saying they would rather beat the jets twice then go to the playoffs id have to say that game meant more.

8. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

On the road in that home field heat and humidity facing a defense ranked #1 over the first two weeks, yeah the phins game definitely.

The fact is, the Patriots suck this year. Take away 3 guys and they are a bottom feeder. And that was easy to see coming into this season. Ask that train wreck called Buffalo next week how bad the Patsies are.

9. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Jets beat the Pats in week 2 last year as well? The changing of the guard will only come when the Jets win the AFC East.

10. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

I agree. I don't have the loathing for the Pats as I do for the Fins. I've always respected the way they went about their business. Their fans are obnoxious, but then again who's fans aren't.

Don't get me started about the Bills. I went to school in upstate NY and 1/2 my friends were/are Bills fans.

11. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Fins....they are better than the Pats at this point. Plus the rivalry. Plus the Jason Taylor thing. Plus I was a lot more worried about the Fins than the Brady-etts. :beer:

12. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Done deal. The guard has already changed. AFC East is between the Jets and the Fins now.....

13. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Although I was at the Pats game, avenging last years losses to these fools was awesome. +1 for the Phags win

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I'm going to college in upstate NY and all the Bills fans are also "Jets" fans. But they openly admit their team is a joke.

I'm here for four more years, so their is a chance the Bills might finally get a little better by my Senior year MAYBE

15. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I have to go with the pats because the beat the Jets seven straight times and I could not stand that losing streak. Until the Jets sweep the pats that will always be a fulfilling victory. Maybe this is the year the Jets get that job done. The fins suck to but hate the pats even more.

16. Fernando Torres

Fernando Torres New Member

As an "out of towner" who voted for the victory againt New England, may I ask what is the rivalry like with New Yorks second team, the Giants?

Being so far removed its difficult to gage?

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Depends who you ask. Some people like nyjunc hate the Giants more than any team, mainly because a lot of their fans act like the Giants are the Yankees of the NFL when that isn't the case at all. Other people like me don't really give a shit about the Giants or anything they do.

18. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Its not just the fans when it comes to the Giants... its the media. I think they all grew up loving the Giants and it shows. Giants get all favorable media coverage

19. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Pats are declining.

Dolphins are motivated to beat us for a lot of reasons, including 40% of their stadium rooting for us. It motivates them to heights beyond their talent level ( see 2009 results)

Jets showed a lot by winning that game last night.

20. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Right, after 3 games. In 5 weeks Miami is going to be 3-5, count on it.