Namath says Jets have problems

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skeleton_frames, Sep 25, 2010.

1. RexCryin'

RexCryin' New Member

As much as it pains me to say it, as a long-time jets fan, I have to agree with ol' Broadway Joe. Braylon should sit this one out-that way at least the jets show a little integrity. If we lose to Miami, which is most likely at this point, we will not only lose the game but we also lose the opportunity to save face in light of the scandalous environment that Rexy has put this team in. I'll take a lose-win situation over a lose-lose any day.

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I think, because I did the same thing you did, that its time to drop the "I love the guy" crap.

Lets face it, many posters here are way too young to remember what Joe did for this team. With that said, Joe represents to many Jet fans an achievement. Thats it. He is the face of the greatest accomplishment this team ever had. Period.

There were many that were just as important as Joe because they never wore fur coats, drank like a swine...and were able to be viewed as a whoremaster...all the things he knocks the current Jets for being.

We, as second class citizens, look at Joe as the one thing the entire NFL, past and present, respect about us. Thats pretty much bullshit because the guy is a modern day, over the hill, embarrassment now. Whether his attempting to plant a drunken kiss to a female reporter, live, on national TV. Or showing up with his daughter on Hard Knocks and spending 45 minutes ripping Sanchez about how he grips the ball on a snap...while the coaches sit around telling him "your right Joe...your the best" while really thinking "has this fucking guy have nothing better to do?"

Im getting a little tired how some media have chosen this topic and used it against a team they truly despise. Did the Jets bring all of this hate on? Probably...but we certainly do not need one of our own piling on just because, at the age of 95, he decided to get his shit together.

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

dbl post filler

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well I'll take a win at any cost Jet fan over one like you that is calling it a loss the day before the game.
    Play Braylon and win the game. Win Win situation to me.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Legendary New York Jets quarterback Joe Namath has two daughters, Olivia and Jessica, who have done their part to continue the Namath family tradition of embarrassing situations. Palm Beach County authorities arrested Olivia in January for possession of 200 grams of marijuana. Jessica made headlines in 2006 as the reported mistress in an ugly divorce in Florida. The young ladies can at least take pride in the fact that their screw-ups didn’t happen in front of a national audience like dear old dad’s did.

Namath took Jessica and one of her friends to Monday’s Giants-Jets game to the Internet’s delight. She’s the brunette in the picture and definitely not his date. Her friend on the other hand…
    [​IMG]

6. 17a_tailgater

23 year old jessica
    [​IMG]

7. RexCryin'

RexCryin' New Member

"showing up with his daughter on Hard Knocks and spending 45 minutes ripping Sanchez about how he grips the ball on a snap...while the coaches sit around telling him "your right Joe...your the best" while really thinking "has this fucking guy have nothing better to do?"

That's the problem with this team. It's full of yes men and all the clowns run this circus

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Great post that says it pretty much what most Jets fans are thinking at this point.

Also that was a most eloquent way of saying STFU Joe...... Lol Bravo!

9. RexCryin'

RexCryin' New Member

obviously integrity plays a very small if at all existent role in your life. You should talk to Broadway Joe

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

*golf clap*

11. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/backpage/back_page_namath_knows_better_than_AjXXVTNxJaCLuHEI3z7NQN

12. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

13. Paraphoe

Paraphoe New Member

I really hope he goes away soon.

14. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

What's this fucking "we" shit, Joe?

As far as I'm concerned all you are doing is milking SB 3 year in and year out. Had the jets won a title over the past 40 years, you're not getting an ounce of the attention you're still getting.

Last time I checked YOU are not involved with personnel, so no need to talk to anyone there either. If you need a reality check why don't you go on youtube and watch the video of you acting like a fucking clown on MNF with Suzy Kolber...

You should be so lucky some people still give a shit about what you think.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

F Joe Namath, seriously what a piece of shit. Great you won a SB 40 yrs ago, now go away.

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Every time I hear a recent Namath quote I feel .....

[​IMG]

17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Joe is entitled to his opinion, and he brought me one of my happiest sports-related moments, but his hypocrisy in this really is mind-boggling. More to the point, no one should care any more about his opinion than they would about Chris Russo's, or Joe Montana's - he's someone who happened to have success with the team, which doesn't give him any greater standing with the current team than any other fan. For all I know, my boy Don Maynard feels exactly the same way, but he's been smart enough to not share his views with me and the rest of the world.

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

How bout instead of punishing the team for Braylons stupidity you punish him by working his ass off all week and until he proves that he is a dedicated team player. Making him sit out just hurts the team and it could hurt his relationship with the team. He needs to be out there

19. 17a_tailgater

as season ticket holders we are also investors. and sitting braylan hurts my invetment.
    play the man

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Joe says that

"It's also another distraction. Because if I were on the team, naturally you're wondering when are they gonna put him in, what series are they gonna bring him in."

You don't think Sanchez knows when they are going to insert him into the game. If anything it's an advantage because Miami doesn't know when he is going to be inserted. Who knows if it turns into a rout the Jets mayt play him one series.

As far as Joe his opinion is as good as mine. I've always blindly followed him because of what he was, not who he is. He is the most important player in the history if this franchise but as a person he's sure turning out to be a real asshole.