Prisco Pick the Dolphins!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets-N-Terps, Sep 23, 2010.

1. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Who did the world cup octopus pick? He's got twice the street-cred that Prisco does.

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

the only way we lose is if the Sanchez from the Saints game last year shows up.

while Henne is a capable QB Marshall and him havent been gelling and Bess is a slot reciever at best. Hartline is their Wayne Chrebet without the performance to back it up. a 3rd down grab every other game doesnt make you clutch.

so the only way I see them putting up more points than us is if they gash us with their ground game.

UH OH OH NO THE ALMIGHTY LOUSAKA POLITE!!!!!! HES A FB THAT CAN BLOCK FOR AN OFFENSE THAT CANT THROW TD'S!!!!!

the big key here honeslty though is how good Pouha holds up in the ballsmack florida humidity while they run the ball all night.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

What if the Schotty from the Ravens shows up?

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That's my biggest fear from this game, but I don't limit it to just Schotty. The conservative order came from the top and trickled into a pussy offense because they were worried about that mighty ravens D. Enter another former Ravens DC whom Rex learned from ...

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

you mean Rex? im sorry people here either suck Schotty off when were playing great or want his head on a stick.

Schotty loves throwing the ball. hate to break it to you guys. he likes spreading the field and theres a reason he has all the presnap motion crap. its to a detriment at points but the guys system is designed naturally to be a west coast offense with variations of spreading the field.

Rex blabbed nonstop about the Ravens record when winning the TO battle. and I'm not naive enough to think Rex just eats M and M's all week instead of being in Schotty's ear telling him to run.

Week 2 is what Schotty likes. enough running to keep them honest and play action on 1st down.

the staff Schotty and Rex included need to just take Sanchez training wheels off and let him throw at least 26 times a game. no more 16-20 attempt performances. and more throwing on 1st down.

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

One break the Jets did get on the schedule is this being a night game. Should be about 81 or so by game time instead of 89-90 if it was a 1 or 4 pm game, humidity will still be up there though.

7. medianoche

medianoche New Member

hes wrong dont see it happening

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Good post. I agree.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I had to read the title 4 times.
    I kept reading it as:
    Pricko Picks the Dolphins....

Wait, ...actually....

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

It didn't work out too well last year. It was still hot and humid as hell. The last week or two though the humidity at night has been down considerably. Hopefully, that trend will continue.

11. mrodriguez4096

mrodriguez4096 New Member

"you mean Rex? im sorry people here either suck Schotty off when were playing great or want his head on a stick.

Schotty loves throwing the ball. hate to break it to you guys. he likes spreading the field and theres a reason he has all the presnap motion crap. its to a detriment at points but the guys system is designed naturally to be a west coast offense with variations of spreading the field.

Rex blabbed nonstop about the Ravens record when winning the TO battle. and I'm not naive enough to think Rex just eats M and M's all week instead of being in Schotty's ear telling him to run.

Week 2 is what Schotty likes. enough running to keep them honest and play action on 1st down.

the staff Schotty and Rex included need to just take Sanchez training wheels off and let him throw at least 26 times a game. no more 16-20 attempt performances. and more throwing on 1st down."

I have a question for anyone that can help me with this. Given Sanchez the way he seems to struggle when he is under pressure. Being that Nolan brings the same type of defense that the Ravens showed. Do you think your OC will handcuff Sanchez? Do you think Sanchez will be allowed to throw it down the field? If the OC does open it up and allow Sanchez to throw it, do you feel if Sanchez throws an INT will he be put back on that short leash?

Those are questions that I have been pondering heading into this game and would like a perspective from a Jets fan about these questions. Thanks.

12. Al13

Al13 Member

i´m really excited to see how you will do against the vikes, the thing with favre is, maybe he couldnt play to his standards, because we didnt let him, miami fumbled the ball twice in that game, that is where all the points came from, we almost beat us not the vikings

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Maybe the Dolphins fumbled twice because the Vikings forced them? It's very easy to spin things in favor of your team when you simplify things the way you just did.

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I don't know if I buy that. Rex is a defensive coach, yeah I know he is the HC but I do not believe he calls the shots on the offensive side of the ball.

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I was down for the opener 2008 and I know that one was hot and the Jets did ok.

I think the weather factor is a little overplayed anyway. Since the 2000 season the Phins winning percentage at home in Sept and Oct is .542 and for Nov-Jan at home since 2000 it is .577. They are worse when it is hotter.

16. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Boggles my mind. It seems like if the Jets aren't picked for all 16 games, the guy who didn't pick them automatically becomes an idiot.

The oddmakers have the Fins favored at -2. Does that mean Vegas is stupid too?