Jets at Dolphins - Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Sep 22, 2010.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I think this will be decided by a field goal on the final play.

16-14 Jets.

2. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I do not think the Fins are a better team than the Jets. However, the Jets much tougher games to this point, are not in their favor. They have a lot of beat up players at this point. More so than I have seen in quite sometime. That definitely works in the Fins favor............That said.....

If the weather continues like it is now and it isn't ridiculously humid, like last years game, I think it will be a fairly low scoring game. Both defenses are very good.

17-13 Jets

If it is really humid like last year......

I have no idea. There will be a lot more scoring.

4. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

I think most of you all are being pretty realistic. I understand that you will pick the Jets to win, as you're Jets fans, and I will pick the Dolphins to win, being a Dolphins fan. My analysis will obviously be a little different, so take it for what it's worth.

First of all I believe this game will have a strong emphasis on the run for both teams. Sanchez may have had his greatest statistical game as a pro against the Patriots, but the Dolphins defense is a whole different animal. I think Sanchez will play average. He won't be terrible, but he certainly won't have a 3 TD pass 0 INT game. I see either 0 TDs 0 Ints or 1 TD, 1 INT.

I do think Ladainian Tomlinson will have his first TD as a Jet this week, and probably get close or just past the 100 yard mark. I think Edwards is almost a nonfactor in this one. He will most likely have limited playing time, and Miami's secondary got torched by him so much last year because we had 2 rookie corners and a FS that wasn't worth a shit. Vontae Davis has improved leaps and bounds from where he was last year, and Jason Allen has got to be the most improved player on the team. Chris Clemons is 10 times better than Gibril Wilson, so don't sleep on the Dolphins secondary.

I will say that I think the Jets defense does a good job of stopping the run in the 2nd half, forcing Henne to beat them. If it comes down to Henne or Sanchez, who the hell knows what will happen. If it comes down to the team who is more disciplined and makes fewer mistake, than I think Miami escapes with a victory. I do not think we will grab a W in New York this year, so Miami MUST win this game.

My prediction of the game is that the Jets will see a new wrinkle for the wildcat.

5. Clown

Clown New Member

Man get outa here with that. This game isnt gonna be a cake walk but it will be a good win with a 10 point spread or more towards the JETS. Just cause in the past the dolphins gave the Jets problems doesnt automatically mean this will happen this game.

Not to shoot you down but just my opinion. It will be as statement game and WILL set the tone for the division... and wont be too difficult for the jets.

My reasoning because? i feel the dolphins now feel they are better than what they really are.. along with most of the "experts" in this league.

6. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

The weather is great here :)

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Fins D?
    hhahahahahah

8. 624

624 Banned

Good analysis until you got to the undisciplined part.

The Jets cleaned up their penalties and it's the Dolphins who lead the NFL in arrests this year, not the Jets.

9. mrodriguez4096

mrodriguez4096 New Member

"Man get outa here with that. This game isnt gonna be a cake walk but it will be a good win with a 10 point spread or more towards the JETS. Just cause in the past the dolphins gave the Jets problems doesnt automatically mean this will happen this game.

Not to shoot you down but just my opinion. It will be as statement game and WILL set the tone for the division... and wont be too difficult for the jets.

My reasoning because? i feel the dolphins now feel they are better than what they really are.. along with most of the "experts" in this league. "

Man, good luck with that thinking. If you truly feel this "won't be too difficult for the Jets" then I hope your players feel the same way.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I can see this being true when you take the angle of "The Fins have confidence and momentum from two road wins coming home to face a divisional opponent"

11. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Dolphins fans really speak of their defense like they're the ravens or steelers in their prime.

it's unbelievable.

at best they're maybe a top 10 defense. And you can't even make that assumption yet because there is too much unproven youth and inexperience at several key positions.

we'll see how good the dolphins d is after week 8

i wish had a button that fast forwards us to sunday. i don't know how many more days i can hear this bullshit

12. 624

624 Banned

I predict Jason Taylor and Patrick Turner will be captains.

13. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

We have only 3 Penalties on the year, I believe. I know we have fewer than 5 and I'm fairly sure it's three. As far as the arrests thing, it's whatever. We havn't had one since what? April? Our discipline is excellent.

Also, I forgot to mention that I believe Marshall has a pretty good game, if it is in fact true that Revis won't play. I like his matchup against Cromartie and Wilson. He knows cromartie very well, as he used to play him twice a year in the AFC West. It just sucks for cromartie that he still hasn't been able to escape Marshall.:)

And yes, I know. Spare me from the Cromartie has 2 picks rant. It's no secret that Cromartie is one of the best if not THE best athlete at the cornerback position. His problem is consistancy. I don't think he will get a pick this week, simply because I imagine Dan Henning will continue to baby Henne and stay conservative.

Either way, this game should be one of the better games the NFL has to offer this week. And hey, this might be the last time the Jets travel to Miami until 2012. :sad:

14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Lito Sheppard was on Marshall most the game.. Buffallo dunno, but why didnt he have big games then?

oh yeah he doesnt have Kyle Orton, or Jay Cutler throwing him the ball.

15. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

That's just the nature of the beast. We read articles and watch every single Dolphins down of football. This results in us seeing the good, the bad, and the ugly. So far, we have not seen really any bad or ugly.

You may not see it, but Jets fans are the same way. You all think the Jets are better than the Phins, we think the Phins are better than the Jets. That's what is great about the rivalry. Both teams hate each other and the fans hate each other, which just makes the matchup that more intense and exciting. As a football fan, their is nothing better than beating your rivals, except for winning a superbowl, obviously.

16. the99

the99 New Member

Jets 20
    Dolphins 13

17. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

We havn't been throwing the ball. Nothing annoys us Dolphins fans more than Dan Henning's playcalling. He has got to be the streakiest OC in the NFL. He can call a great series, and then throw it all away on one play. See the Buffalo game last year. We get down to the Buffalo 1 yard line, and Henning decided it would be a good idea to let Ricky Williams throw it. What happens? Interception. Never really did recover fromt that.

18. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i feel your pain with Schotty here. I think Henne needs to give Marshall more shots.

19. Capt. Ace Nick

13-10 Dolphins. Sorry guys. I disgust myself but it's a gut feeling.

20. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

did you guys cut Turner?

I think Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, and Pat Surtain are serving as honorary captains for the game for the fins

EDIT: ahh nevermind, i see he was signed from the PS

#60 34miami23, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010