Braylon Edwards Future ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Sep 21, 2010.

1. revis024

revis024 New Member

golden haha

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I was thinking along the lines of maybe signing him on the cheap and putting out less gauranteed $.Maybe have some morality stipulation in a new agreement.
    The guy's a talent and I wouldn't let him walk because he made a mistake.

I don't look at a bar fight as anything that bad. I mean who out of the members on this board hasn't thrown down in the past? Does that make us all bad risks?
    I'm not minimizing his stupidity but we all make mistakes.

Actors use bad judgement,do we ask them to stop acting for a certain period of time?
    Do we tell singers they can't sing?

Why should an athlete or an organization be held to a different set of rules?

#82 Jersey Joe 67, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  3. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Ellis doesnt really make "big" money anymore.

He took in like 4 million this season I believe. If hes a Jet next season he does not belong in the company of any of those other guys salary wise. Cromartie and Edwards both would not get top dollar for their positoons, or even remotely close to it IF they remain Jets. Then again who knows how much of a pay cut theyd be willing to take to stay with the team that gave them both second chances. Because lets be honest if either of them werent a Jet this year theyd probably both (or definitely at least Cromartie) would have washed out.

So you probably got 7 guys who are definitely getting paid like starts, and 8 if you include the likely Holmes.

Then Gholston/Edwards/Cromartie are all wild cards, who hopefully could remain on the roster making above average money but definitely not star $$