17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good job Loge. This doesn't look like the same escalator (or maybe it is), but we encountered the same situation at the escalators which are located around 143-243-343 or so near the Pepsi Corner.

Entered the stadium at Verizon in plenty of time to make the kickoff, but then had to "overwalk" toward Pepsi Corner to find an escalator, only to encounter the same time-wasting, turn-around blockage you show here going from level 100 to 200 and then 200 to 300. Made no sense. And a lot of people walking into one another. They made us go around the concession stands which, of course, had beer lines or whatever, so now you have this stream of UDers cutting the lines sideways, with people running into one another and side-stepping, fighting people in your face the whole way.

By the time we got to the top, we stood on line for a sausage sandwich and just about made it to our seats for the National Anthem. It was so bad I tokk a special recon during halftime to find the best stairway and we ran down those (at about 333 or so) to get out to the parking lot. The cattlewalk was crowded but managable and we were to our car in 26 within 15 minutes, only to be channelled north on 120 (I need to go south).

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

A picture is worth a thousand words

one and done!

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i walk from 27 to the cattlewalk enter the verizon gate and walk the outside of the stadium to the West Gate.take 1 of the 2 available escalators to the lower level past the Captain Morgan's bar and then up the escalators in the Pepsi corner.

i have had no problem getting to my seat this way.because this is my 3rd time doing it this way.and it also helps to have tailgaters who want to see kickoff and all pitch in to clean up.

getting out though down the escalators has been ridiculous.yes i ahev been told the stairs is the way to go,but i shouldn't have to take the stairs in a brand new 1.4 billion dollar stadium.

i stay 1/2 to 45 minutes after the game and have no trouble leaving lot 27 and going south on 120.im on the turnpike in miutes. lot 26 is only permitted to go north. i still hate that im 4 1/2 hours before kickoff and i park the furthest away.

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Same thing I have been saying all along.

5. Section 227. Row 5

If you can head south from Lot 27, that's what I'm going to try next time. It's an even further walk though. They need to open up K to Orange.... do that for starters.

6. 17a_tailgater

the walk is farther but i exit right out of 27 go over the overpass of rte 120 and jughandle onto 120 south.

7. Section 227. Row 5

I remember way back when... before you even started this thread... when we were posting about the prospects of the WSS even and the first mentionings of the PSLs was causing a lot of angst. And then the NMS deal came along and you started this thread when you took some pics of the new digs and we all started talking about how "seniority" was going to be key after the Jets had announced it would be.

And I remember thinking how lucky you were because you had like 1977 seniority or something... you and Champ... and I had like 1985 seniority and was worried about even getting a seat in the Uppers. Then you and Champ got your calls around May, 2009 or so and I had to wait for mine on June 16, 2009.

I never once figured you'd be parking out in Lot 27 or that you wouldn't have Upper Prime in the first 4 Rows (I figured I was screwed, but never you). Just looking back on all of it, the Jets did their fanbase wrong, IMO. Big time wrong. I'll never forgive them for lying to those very early people... telling them "nothing below Row 16 is available" bullshit. All long, they were saving the good stuff for later because it was an easy sell. Inconscionable.

They could fix things by making parking easier on UDers. That would be a good start. And I'd forgive them for this first year of major inconvenience. But I will never forgie them for what they did to guys with seniority after having announced they were going to use seniority as a priority. They were saying one thing and doing quite another.

8. 17a_tailgater

[​IMG]

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Getting In, Getting out.

Good tip. I'll be trying this route next time, thanks. My group has settled in 26 so it's a similar walk. I was going to try turning right inside the outer area and head towards Met Life, figuring the traffic to be lighter there. Since i am dead center EZ in 301, it would not be that crazy to walk that way.The only flaw in your plan that I detect is that my wife will want to go into the Reebok store EVERY FREAKIN' GAME. That's where the West Gate is right? Damn.

You made reference to taking stairs, and that it's crazy to have to do in a 1.4 billion stadium. My question to you is, when did the price go down? Wasn't it 1.6 or 1.7? ; )

You guys will like this one - due to the escalator mayhem, we too wait a long time to leave. On the big boards they put up Rexy's post game presser, and as we begin to watch it the stadium usher/security guys rush over to push us out. My wife says "if we have to leave now why are they showing this on the screens? I doubt they're showing it just for you guys!" Too funny. She's a wise-ass that wife of mine. :breakdance:

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

In the end once they released those better seats they never notified existing seatholders, if the existing UD seatholder called up at right time he was still told the could not relocate to the better seats.

When caller pushed harder he was told you could move seats if you buy an additional seat or you can just buy in another section sell ones you have and drop bad seats next year. When pushed even harder you were told you could move to a better UD seat without adding seats if the seats cost more. UD EZ could move to UD sideline and UD sideline could move to UD Prime without adding seats.

In all my wheeling and dealing I was never offered a row one through four UD sideline seat. They seemed to be instantly gone. That is a heck of a lot of seats. Jets should have slapped a 1k PSL on those seats with no financing payable immediately or maybe just entire ticket balance due immediately instead of just a $500 refundable deposit. Would have stopped people who weren't planning on using them from buying them all up or from reps and friends of Jets handing them out like candy.

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Biggest game of year for me is Vikings, will be visiting cousin in 347 at halftime. When I get hit with a cup of piss as I walk through first few rows I will know it is all love. Not even going near 328 as I hate to see what I get hit with.

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I haven't been hit with anything.

I used to sit in 328 and was never hit with anything.

I'm fairly certain the only thing you'll get hit with this year is the PSL fee.

13. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Wasnt their rumors of them reallocating all the seats next season based on senority? I hope thats a possibility.

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

What is the definition of senority? Is it when you became a season ticket holder? Is it when you joined the 2010 UD waiting list/seat upgrade request list? Maybe date of PSL purchase?

If they go by true senority alone will seats per ticketholder be limited or can everyone jump on bandwagon of a buddy who is a long time season ticket holder? Will they do what they did this year where people who had tickets in 2007, 2008 and 2009 who did not renew could re-buy tickets and still keep senority.

Maybe Jets tell UD season ticket holders buy a pair in the PSL section and we will throw you a few of best seats in UD. Who knows.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahaaa........

16. Section 227. Row 5

I have heard of no such rumor and have been in this thread right along.

The thing is, "seniority" is dead in any form now. The only time it counted (if you could say that... but more on that after this sentence) was the Spring of 2009, when they made their calls by date of original STHer ticket purchase.

They DID make their calls based on seniority alright, so technically, they adhered to that call priority as Standard Operating Procedure (and they strictly adhered to it, I might add). You could call until you were blue in the face and they would not talk to you until your call date.

But the rest of it was not truthful, in that they would call you when your time came and then tell you "everything is taken up to Row 16," for example, in a certain section, when months and months later they still had holes in Rows 4-16. So they used the seniority as a scam to have people get all excited and worked up, waiting for their "one call of a lifetime" in which they would get, in order, to select the very best seats that were available.

It was all a lie, and should be the basis of a class action suit, IMO, in that they intentionally, willfully and purposefully deceived people into thinking that by waiting, they were getting the best available. All horseshit.

But seniority is dead for now. It's over. Even the Jets will tell you that. No one is being assigned seats by seniority anymore nor have they been since August of 2009. And even if "seniority priority" were to suddenly come back, no one in their right mind (who knows what I'm talking about and who's been through this sham would even seriously consider believing one word of it as truth.

17. 17a_tailgater

the word seniority is dead forever.
    cash is king
    loyal means spit

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Senority is now based on current seat location. The process is similar to the Bataan Death March.

Process involves a sale, upsale, upsale and more upsales. The main metrics are sales and upsales. Sadly people with money to burn and high senority went full monty in spring of 2009 and said tenth row 5k or 18th row 15k or 23rd row UD Prime and shot their load. Perhaps they were the bright ones as the process has taken its physcial and emotional toll on me. I survived but like John McCain the seat selection process has left me a beaten down man.

My grandchildren will hear tales of the hardship and agony I endured simlar to the Bosnian Genocide where Mr. Woody Johnson did a deliberate and systematic destruction of Jets season ticketholders. We should hold a Nuremberg Trial to look into this whole genocide of Jets fans.

The final insult is the fall of Hanoi allowed easier egress than exiting the Jets parking lot .

19. Section 227. Row 5

Hanoi never fell. It's Saigon you're thinking of.

But no one expects you to be a military historian on a Jets football board, so what the hell... I get your point.

20. sect105

sect105 New Member

I used to sit in 105 and now I am in 307 Row 17. My seats suck. Like many have said they are so steep.I knew that going in so only I am to blame. I had Orange Parking Passes, but sold those and bought Yellow ones on Ebay so I can still Tailgate with all of My friends in Lot L5. The parking is not an issue, but I do arrive when the lots open.

My main issue is with the seats and with the bathrooms and concourses. The Bathrooms are outright dangerous. The lines at halftime were larger than any other Giants Stadium line ever. The bathroom was packed like a sardine can.

At halftime I wanted to have a cigarette, so I was told by security that I have to go down to ground level. So I walked down to ground level where I was outside in this large concession area. We had our smokes, grabbed a table and watched the 2nd half on the jumbo screen outside.

That is where I will watch the rest of the season from if I do actually go in to the games. My first game was in 1981 and I do not want to give up my tickets but every week my experience is so bad, that I do not actually care if the Jets win. I am looking forward to the next two road games!