Jets vs Dolphins Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

I think Bills do have a pretty good secondary, not sure why people are trying to dispute that. They got exposed somewhat by an amazing Packers passing attack, but that's what great QBs and passing attacks will do. We had the #1 passing defense last year, and we saw what Peyton was able to do to us.

The Bills may be useless for the most part, but I would probably agree that they have a top 5 secondary.

2. Bl33D GR33N

Bl33D GR33N New Member

I don't think you actually watched the game, just looked at the numbers. Revis made one good play, batting a ball in the air. On every other play he was burned time in and time out. Moss dropped 2-3 passes, burned him long twice, 1 a score and the other out of bounds. Revis did not play well, he was lucky.

*Edit* tried to quote someone, no option pre 50 posts i guess. Damn rules

#222 Bl33D GR33N, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  3. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I assume it was his hammy actin up and limiting him and chasing behind Moss on the long TD was what finally did it.

Even as a Fins fan, I will admit Revis is the best corner in the league and I know he hasn't ruled himself out of the game on Sunday ... but I gotta believe that if he plays, Marshall is running a 9 route to start the game right away.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

That's exactly why he won't play. One wrong step while covering Marshall on that deep route and a)touchdown and b)injury that affects his play for the rest of the season

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Revis was playing hurt in the game. Had he not been dealing with the bad hammy, his play would have been much better.

He's not the type of player that has good games and bad games.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

No way he plays. We need him for the rest of the season.

7. Bl33D GR33N

Bl33D GR33N New Member

Agree with hater, considering the value of the stock

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You could tell by watching him chase Moss on that play the he wasn't right. If he was he would have been a half step behind him and pushed Moss as soon as that ball hit his hand. Moss gets credit for beating him but it was clear he wasn't right on that play.

9. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

in that case i hope henne throws it his way

10. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

If Revis is playing, then I would certainly hope Henne does too. Go ahead and test out that hammy and see what he's got

11. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

wtf?

filler

12. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

what???

I was agreeing with you ... the 3 game winning streak doesn't mean anything. The two games we won LAST YEAR mean nothing now for this season.

13. 624

624 Banned

...and Jarius Byrd didn't even play against the Dolphins. He's injured.

14. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

He did play in passing situations

15. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

I can't wait til Sunday night. Everyone knows Jets vs. Dolphins almost never fails to bring an entertaining game to the table. The Jets and the Dolphins are taking over the AFC East, and this will surely be a key game in deciding who is in and who is out of the playoffs. The Jets are banged up and will still be without Santonio Holmes. I expect this game to be a clash between two great defensive teams, with both quarterbacks struggling to move the ball. I do think this is a must win for Miami because I'm not sure the Dolphins will be able to handle the Jets up in New York this year. I obviously want the Dolphins to win, but let me say this- whatever happens, let's hope for an injury free game.

16. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Well said, I agree. I think this game features the run on both sides. It should be close till the end.

17. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

Quick question. Am I not allowed to quote people until I get x number of posts? Because I can't find the quote button anywhere?

18. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I think you need 15 posts or something.

19. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

ah ok, thanks.

20. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not going to crown the Dolphins defense quite yet, and I still won't regardless of the outcome of Sunday's game (unless the Jets by some miracle blow out the Dolphins). The reason I'm not willing to crown the Dolphin's defense as a top end defense this season is simple, they haven't played a competent offense yet (and I'm not saying the Jets are a competent offense, we don't know yet we've had 5 horrible quarters and 2 good and 1 very good quarter, so I'm not sure this week will qualify as a test either) but simply the Bills are a god awful offense and the Vikings aside from Peterson has been god awful this year as well. Granted you might be able to say the Saints and Dolphins shut down the Vikings with a great defensive effort, and that may have been the case, but having watched Farve twice it's clear he has no rhythm with any receivers. Personally I think Farve might be done. But I could be wrong.

Before I say the Dolphins have a top end defense I want to see how they do against New England and Greenbay, the first real defensive tests that i feel secure in saying are real tests of a defense that are on the Dolphins upcomming schedule.

I am not saying the Dolphins don't have a good defense, and I'm certainly not saying they have a bad defense (if they did they would have made the bills and Vikings look good). I'm just not sold on the top end defense image yet.