The Giants

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Wahoo, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

FGF calling out an inferiority complex but feels the need to defend every post related to the Giants. I watched the game with a few friends that are die-hards... it was pretty brutal. When I was at the bar watching the Jets game the amount of taunting and smack-talking coming out of Giants fans mouths was ridiculous. None of the Jet fans there said a word.

I hate the Giants and I'm happy they lost. All this talk about a dominant running game and revamped defense for the G-men hasn't worked out. Jacobs is garbage.

2. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Not going to hold anything against Bradshaw or Jacobs right now. The lanes aren't there. They weren't there in the first half against Carolina, either. Jacobs isn't going to do shit, ever, when he's getting chipped in the backfield. He needs to build a head of steam through the LOS to be effective as a runner, and he hasn't gotten the chance because of how bad the line is right now.

It's sad. I certainly can't hold it against Diehl, O'Hara, Seubert, and McKenzie. They were such a huge part of the Super Bowl team. Dudes get old, get hurt. It happens. Giants should have been more prepared. Hopefully they'll get it fixed.

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Obviously you can't make a name for yourself as a RB with no offensive line, but I think Jacobs is playing like a pussy. The stutter steps and jukes he attempts makes it look like he's playing scared or playing not to get hurt. The guy is a monster, he can run linebackers over on every play but it seems like he's taken the power out of his repertoire.

4. Learn To Swim

Every fanbase has douchebags. Every single one of them. There is really, really no point in trying to peg one as worse than the other, because it seems like at least 60% of all of them are halfwit loudmouths who'd rather just say "DURR U SUXX WE RULEZ" instead of having any sort of reasonable discussion about the game itself. Sorry some Giants fans were mean to you, but suck it up nancy and don't bitch about it to the ones who are just here to not be assholes.

5. Learn To Swim

You may be right on that, honestly I missed the first half today 'cuz I was at work, and he didn't get touches in the 2nd. He's definitely a huge crybaby and the helmet thing was totally unacceptable, even if he wasn't aiming for the seats. Jackass move.

I'm just going off last week's game. No push from the line. Maybe it's contributing to him trying to get too fancy.

6. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I don't really have a problem with it, rather I relished seeing them all pissed off and moody during the Colts destruction of your defense. We Jet fans do a lot of shit talking but my Giant-fan friends always hold themselves and the fan-base in high esteem because they're 'respectful'. I'm not including the whole fanbase or the posters who are Giants fans here, just sharing my experiences. Giant fans have been doing A LOT of trash talking to me and fellow Jet fans.

Lol.. calling me nancy was good. Down syndrome Eli will never beat big bro'

7. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Regardless of the team involved, if you go to a bar what do you really expect?

8. FriendlyGiantsFan

On a different note, my apologies to any I pissed off. I was kinda drunk, and hella pissed last night.

Oh well, 1-1 hardly ends the season!

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

The Giants are lacking linebackers, a corner, and a running back. Brandon Jacobs is terrible/clown.

10. FriendlyGiantsFan

I'm pissed at Jacobs. I think he should be nothing more than a backup that gets 12 touches a game; that's the only way he stays healthy/productive.

The bigger problem is that the OL got old FAST and they've been playing like shit lately.

11. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Was the Jacobs "helmet in the stands" action caught on tape? Must have been a hell of a bounce, what with the guy throwing his helmet to the ground in front of him, only to have it shoot up like a basketball and land 30 feet away.

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Nope. Apparently he went to throw it at the ground but it got caught in his finger and flew towards the stands.

13. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Turley 2.0

14. FriendlyGiantsFan

If this is true, good riddance!

http://twitter.com/sageman01/status/25026242020

Our OL and running game went from being dominant to being hella old. And that happened facking fast!

15. Oasis

Oasis Member

Yup^ Brandon Jacobs has requested a trade (NFL.com)

A real shame this guy. When I saw his first pre-season game with the NYG i knew he was going to be a force. In his prime Jacobs was probably the hardest RB to tackle in the league. Too bad for his injuries, i guess his bruiser style of play was just too tough on his health. I pray to god Greene doesn't suffer the same fate. I do think Jacobs might have a bt of a rebirth if he does find a new team.

16. FriendlyGiantsFan

A lot of physical running backs end up this way, sadly.

Jacobs hasn't been a punishing runner for over a year and now his attitude is becoming a problem. Time to cut ties and move on; he's finished.