Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Look Schotty gets on my nerves alot..Even though we won I am still going after this guy because he gets scared and over manages alot.

Today Sanchez played great and Schotty came out with good plays too...But its not 1 game that makes me happy. But do it consistently.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We know Schottenheimer is capable of good gameplanning. It's the INCONSISTENCY that drives us nuts. Let's see if he can do it again next week.

3. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

The o-line was outstanding. I knew they would get their shit together. That Baltimore game was the best thing that could have happened. Not one penalty on the o-line, that I remember anyway. Well, there was one hold in garbage time on an LT run, if that was a lineman.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Have to give credit when its due, the Jets offense had a great game today.

5. danc845

danc845 New Member

very good game plan today.

6. Don G

Don G New Member

They look excellent. Sanchez was on the money. Props to Schotty. Hopefully this will stop some of the bashing he was getting. I thought he did a very good job last year with bringing sanchez along. He admitted to overthinking it last week.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

F%ยค#!! Schitty!!! Another game without a 300 yd passer. Can we fire this Schitbag already?

8. 624

624 Banned

We all know Schotty has the ability, but he is just so inconsistent.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Time and place playcalling was superb. It's nice when schotty listens to me. Let the kid throw. He's got tons of talent.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Haha..you really think today was Schittenheimer's game plan? Seriously? The same Schitty who said he saw nothing wrong with last week?

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Did he not call the plays today?

12. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

he needs to be more consistent

he also needs to stop running screens on third and long

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We saw two entirely different Jet offenses today. By not blitizing so much, Rex may have tossed Belichek a knuckleball that he couldn't hit. After Revis went down, our pass D actually got better. In the second half, we saw a completely different Jets team take the field today. Now which team shows up in Miami is anybody's guess.

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem manning up and saying nice job to BS for the game he called,
    however one game does not make a difference in my opinion of BS, but IF this is the type of game he plans the rest of the year we will be okay.

I caught the game towards the end of the second quarter, can anyone tell me if they ran the wildcat, or did Brad Smith get injured while running the wildcat, because I'm happy I did not see the wildcat during the game.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm thinking the WC is a fad that's about to go away quietly. Smith was used on a option but it went nowhere and that was the end of it. Perhaps we'll use it just to burn Miami's ass but for the most part, I'm not so sure we'll need gimmicks like that. Did anyone notice the simplified presnap offense. No more crazy moving bullshit but just ready, set, execute..

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This.great game today but I still don't trust him.I am always afraid he is going to call the gadget that ruins a drive when conventional playcalling is getting it done

17. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Schotty Presser

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-a...nterview/5549e354-413b-426c-8701-fafcee3a9cae

Go to the 2 minute mark. He is asked if the Jets were a run first team... his response offers some insight into how and who determines the game plan, and how balanced of conservative it is.

It sure sounds to me like Rex pushes being conservative, while Schooty does what he can to counter balance Rex's conservatism.

Oh, he also takes blame for the stupid shovel pass play call that nearly backfired into a turn over.

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

He still blows... he's good so long as someone has a foot in his ass and him on a leash. It will be interesting to see what happens when this guy gets his own team, which he may at some point. Hopefully he learns a little more along the way first.

19. sg3

sg3 Banned

schotty has done a spectacular job in the development of Mark Sanchez into an elite franchise NFL quarterback.

Fortunately we will still have the terrific Bill Callahan to promote to OC next season when Schotty moves on to the Head Coaching job (probably in San Diego) that he clearly deserves to get

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I still have hope for Schotty, although I can be highly critical of him. I agree that he has had some of his best playcalling after being intervened with by Rex. I can see why Rex wanted to bring him back, because his play design shows a lot of innovative thinking and he is not afraid to think outside the box at all. But sometimes he gets too full of himself in that respect and kills drives by assuming he has out-thought the other team.

He's still learning, but after the last 2 games I find it hard to criticize him when he's doing so well.