Jets vs Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'm fine with both of these.

It depends what is meant by these statements though. I want to pound the rock more this week. I'm sure Rex saw that 5 yards per carry and wants to keep that up. Run it until they prove they can stop it. Then eventually have Sanchez throw a little bit in early downs to mix it up a little bit.

And I have no problem pulling Sanchez if he's playing terribly and they think Brunell can pull a game out of his ass. I wish we had someone better than Brunell in that situation, but he's a wily veteran, maybe he could do something. It shouldn't hurt Sanchez's development.

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Im a huge fan of our white jerseys, I think they look incredibly sharp.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You don't think it would hurt Sanchez' confidence going forward?

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It all depends on the situation.

And personally, I don't really care. If he's not mentally tough enough to handle being benched for a 4th quarter, so he can watch a veteran do it, then that's a problem.

I don't want to see it happen. I just don't think it's definitely a bad thing. If he's throwing 4 interceptions and the game is still in reach, I want to win. If Brunell gives us the best chance to win, so be it. I don't want to be 0-2. This is a win-now team first and foremost.

If you explain it correctly, there shouldn't be an issue.

5. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Man, Boomer and Mike from CBS NFL today show, they are picking the Pats! Come on JETS! Sack the clam chowder out of the PATS!

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

Did you honestly expect them to pick the Jets? We could have won 30-0 and the Pats lost 0-30, and they'd still pick the Pats.

7. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

If they were to bench Sanchez today, I would jump ship. It would be a horrendous decision.

Won't happen though.

8. HighFlyingJets

Already cant wait for this game! Until then, I'll just enjoy watching the Vikings run the Dolphins out of town.

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Well, then you're a bad fan.

I doubt it happens either, I'd be shocked if it did, but under the right circumstances, it's not terrible if we want to win this game and Sanchez is hurting us.

10. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Stop listening to Incarcerated Bob. He was right about the Revis thing, but wrong about 20 other things since then.

How the fuck would he know "Rex won't hesitate to bench Mark." Even if Rex said that, he wouldn't have told anybody but Schotty and then they both would obviously keep it secret.

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Man, they hate us on NFL Today. No one is picking the Jets to win today and they're all picking the Jets to miss the playoffs.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Its more wishful thinking i feel like. People saw our offense week 1 and immediately think its going to be terribel all year. People want us to fail. I dont care

13. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Finally 1 guy picked JETS and that's Jimmy Johnson from NFL Fox NFL show!

14. HighFlyingJets

Exactly. 1 bad game has everyone doubting this offense, Jet fans included. Our offense just needs to survive against the Patriots, Dolphins and Bills. Thats when we get Santonio Holmes back against I believe the Vikings. This is when I expect our offense to explode. Our defense must carry this team for the time being. I wouldn't be shocked to see our offense put up 24+ points today against the Patriots. The Patriots defense is not on the same level as the Ravens.

A record of 3-1 would be amazing after the 1st 4 games. Thats when I also expect Calvin Pace to get back healthy. Think about how we would feel heading into a Sunday night game against the Vikings, @ home, with a record of 3-1, with Holmes and Pace returning.

#354 HighFlyingJets, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  15. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

a lot of those guys are just hacks. I've unfortunately NEVER seen Glazer wrong. He's the best in the business. It's well known. When he reports something it's deadly accurate. Glazer said we'd see a ton of Banks out of the wildcat today.

16. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

offtopic
    watching how the Bengals are playing the Ravens make me sick that we couldnt have a better game plan and made adjustments to win that game.

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Why should anyone pick the Jets, why?
    Look at last weeks game, the D gave our O multiple chances to and great field position, and we did squat with it.
    Last year we were inconsistent, and it looks like this may continue.
    We have a second year QB, and now the added problem of a HB who cannot hang onto the ball, oh yeah and an OC who it appears does not have faith in his QB.
    Why would anyone pick the Jets? I hate to say it, but we are overrated.

18. HighFlyingJets

I hope to see Revis on Moss during 1st and 2nd downs. Once it becomes 3rd and 4-8 types of situations, I want Revis on Welker with Cromartie on Moss.

19. ejb911

ejb911 New Member

tom brady is gay

20. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

FWIW, Schefter and Mortenson picked us to beat the Patsies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.