2010 Week 2 Other Games Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Murrell2878, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Sunday 9/19

1:00

Arizona Cardinals vs. Atlanta Falcons – Atlanta has won 13 out of their last 16 Home Games while Arizona has won 7 of their last 9 road games. This is a rematch of the 2008 NFC Wildcard Game. Arizona leads the all time series 14-10.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Carolina Panthers – Carolina leads the all time series 12-7 and have won 11 of their last 14 games against the Buccaneers

Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals – Last year the Bengals swept the season series vs. Baltimore. T.J. Houshmandzadeh will face the Bengals for the first time since leaving the team in 2009. If Chad Ochocinco catches 1 TD pass he will own the Franchise record for most TD Receptions with 64.

Kansas City Chiefs vs. Cleveland Browns – These two teams played in an epic game last year where Josh Cribbs was the 2nd player in NFL History to return two Kickoffs over 100 yards for touchdowns. Jerome Harrison ran for 286 yards (3rd most in NFL History) as the Browns defeated the Chiefs 41-34. (Marty Schottenheimer Bowl)

Chicago Bears vs. Dallas Cowboys – Dallas leads the all-time series 11-8 (2-0 in the playoffs). Matt Forte’s 151 yards receiving were the 2nd most by a RB in Bears’ history (George McAfee had 157 in a 17-14 loss to the LA Rams).

Philadelphia Eagles vs. Detroit Lions – The last time the Eagles played the Lions they wore the hideous Yellow uniforms and torched the Lions fro 56 points. Calvin Johnson needs 3 receptions for 200.

Buffalo Bills vs. Green Bay Packers – The Bills lead the all-time series against the Packers 7-3.

Miami Dolphins vs. Minnesota Vikings – This is a match up of the two teams who played against each other in Super Bowl VIII. If Brett Favre throws for 2 TDs he will become the first QB in NFL History to throw 500 TDs passes in a career. Greg Camarillo and Benny Sapp will be playing their former teams after being traded for one another late in the preseason. Match-up of the game will be Jake Long vs. Jared Allen. The Vikings will wear throwback uniforms to commemorate their 50th NFL Season.

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans – **Chris Johnson Watch ** with his 100+ yd performance last week against the Raiders Chris Johnson passed Marcus Allen with the 2nd longest consecutive 100 yard game streak at 12. He needs two more 100 yard games in a row to tie Barry Sanders’ record at 14. The Titans/Oilers have won 11 of the last 16 games against the Steelers dating back to 1997. Hines Ward passed John Stallworth for the most 100 yard games in Steelers history with his 108 yards against the Falcons last week.

4:00
    Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos – Denver currently has the longest home opener winning streak in the NFL at 10. The Broncos lead the All-Time series against their former Division mates 33-18

St. Louis Rams vs. Oakland Raiders – Matchup between the two former LA teams. This will be the first time Chris Long will play against his father’s team.

Jacksonville Jaguars vs. San Diego Chargers – The Chargers will honor both their former coach Don Coryell and former DL Gary Johnson at halftime. These two teams have only met 3 times with the Jaguars winning twice.

Houston Texans vs. Washington Redskins – This will be the second time that Gary Kubiak will face his former mentor Mike Shanahan. He defeated the Shanahan led Broncos in 2007; 31-13 in Houston. If Arian Foster gains 102 yards he will set the NFL Record for most yards rushing in a player’s first 3 starts since the 1970 merger. Andre Johnson needs 10 receptions to get to 600 and 19 yards for 8,000 in his career. The Redskins defeated the Cowboys last week without scoring one offensive Touchdown.

8:15
    New York Giants vs. Indianapolis Colts – The match-up of the two Manning’s. Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne need one more TD connection to pass Johnny Unitas and Raymond Berry and move into 2nd in Colts history behind Manning and Marvin Harrison. The next TD pass from Peyton Manning and Dallas Clark will move them into 2nd place in NFL History for a QB to a TE with Sonny Jurgensen and Jerry Smith at 43.

Monday 9/20

8:30

New Orleans Saints vs. San Francisco 49ers – The 49ers will retire Jerry Rice’s #80 at halftime of this game. The 49ers lead the All-Time series 45-23-2 but have lost the last 5 meetings.

2. Murrell2878

Here are the 1:00 games I'll be watching today

MIA / MIN
    CHI / DAL
    BAL / CIN
    BUF / GB
    ARI / ATL

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I took Dally to blow out the Bears, but I hope I turn out wrong.

I'll start with the Dolphins-Vikings and Bills-Packers game and go from there.
    I wish the Vikings would go back to their old unis permanently, but with white or purple masks. The gray ones suck.

4. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Jets/Patriots not going to be on CBS here in Athens because the Falcons game on FOX is at the same time. I hate that.

Disregard that, I was looking at a coverage map of week 2 of last season.

#4 Learn To Swim, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  5. HighFlyingJets

Other than that Jets-Pats game, these are the game that I'll be paying attention to.

Ravens-Bengals. We need a Bengals win over the Ravens today. After the Ravens beat us on Monday night, we need to finish with a better record than Baltimore this season. Home field during the playoffs is still my goal as a fan.

Packers-Bills. :buffaloblows:

Vikings-Dolphins. This is the 1:00 game that I'll be watching like a hawk in the sky. Looking for the Vikings to expose the Dolphins by 14+ points.

Steelers-Titans. I'll be glad to see any one of these teams lose, but I'll be pulling for the Steelers today. I just feel the Titans are the much better team this year.

Jaguars-Chargers. Jaguars may be 1-0, but the Chargers are still to be respected as a playoff contending team. I'll be pulling for a Chargers 0-2 start.

Texans-Redskins. The Texans are stacked on both sides of the ball. One hell of a team. Would love to see a Redskins W.

Giants-Colts. Would love to see the Colts start off 0-2.

6. Murrell2878

Nice return by Johnny Knox

7. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Steelers off to a great start. Just got a fumble and already up 7-0

8. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Anybody got a stream for the fins game?

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

amazing how the officials keep missing facemasks on the QB

you'd think those would be the ones they'd catch

10. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Hines Ward always getting into a fight. Dirty player

11. Murrell2878

I agree. I like the older unis better

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Watching the Fins vs Vikings for now.

14. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Appreciate it. I can't believe I'm rooting for Brett Favre.

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Not going for FG and the Fins stop them.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Austin catches it, gets hit, ball comes out, Moore takes it out of the air.

Bears take over.

17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Minny going for it on 4th-and-2 from the 26 is the right decision statistically, but why do you pass when you have Adrian Peterson on your team?

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Bears OT Chris Williams going to locker room with injury

19. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Marshall beats Lito Shepperd for A big gain

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Nice throw and catch, Henne to Marshall ugh