People Need To Chill The F**K out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

It's not the fair weather fans who are worried. I could never be accused of being a fair weather fan, and my expectations for this season went in the tank after that one game. I saw enough to know that this team has deep, fundamental flaws that are not easily fixed. I hope I'm proved wrong. I am generally one of the most optimistic posters on this board, too. But I am very concerned about the direction and attitude of this team.

2. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

It's not because we lost that all this talk and chatter is happening... It's how and why we lost. We could go 0-3 to start the year but if we played to the best of our abilities and had little to no mistakes and was just outplayed it would be a little different. But it's when you beat yourself in games like this past one where people start to get all crazy and emotional about it.

3. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

We looked like Shit on Offense but When your D is setting you up perfectly and you can score 1 TD you in for a long season.

We had so many chances to Win that game. If the samething Happens next week then I will still be alittle worried but I figured we Split all AFC East games. Better be 3-2 by the bye week

4. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

We lost to a good playoff caliber team...
    Breakdown:
    Those damn 3rd down penalties were killing us
    Sanchez was playing too careful and dumping the ball
    Cotchery and Keller dropped passes
    Where was B Edwards?
    Hartstock blocking B. Smith on what couldve been a td run,\
    S. Greene with Fumbilitis...AND...

WE STILL LOST BY 1 POINT!

SO LETS ALL TAKE A DEEP BREATH... and relaaaxxxxxx...

#204 azhar80, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  5. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

We started 0-2 in '98 and that worked out fine.

6. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Split New England/Miami and beat Buffalo. Score at least 17 points a game. Then we can all calm down.

7. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

i can see NE as a close game recently the Jets have a better chance in the Fox. but i wanna see Brady go down. Hard I hate him. but Mia is a win as is buff . i can see a 2-2 start

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

everybody has a right to freak out, and bitch.
    the way we lost that game is an utter disgrace. we had one of the superbowl favorite teams in our stadium, and we fucking handed them a 10 to fucking 9 win. what happened was unacceptable.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

There is no way in hell any jet fan can not be distrubed, concerned, pissed off... whatever after the MNF game. Not after the off season hype and hard knocks. No way!!! We did not play good and lose, we played like shit and lost. We handed the game to them, our opening night in our new place. And the signs have been there all pre-season so its just a continuation. It does not mean jumping off a bridge, it means I am pissed and will remain so until 1pm when I enter the lot. Then its time to focus on the pats.

10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I'd rather lose by throwing 9999999999 interceptions instead of losing how we did on monday.

last drive I honestly thought the offense was going to do it. It didn't even happen due to a interception, or forced fumble. Out of bounds 1 yard short. That was embarrassing.

11. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I'm tired of the "we lost to a good opponent" excuse. That isn't why everyone is pissed off. We're pissed off because the offense couldn't lift a finger to help the defense that had 3 takeaways on the Ravens' first 3 drives and only allowed 10 points in the entire fucking game.

12. 624

624 Banned

Fixed your post.

13. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Eh, I'm not fair weather. I'm a realist.

That's a game a great team wins this past monday. What I've seen over the past 5 weeks make me think we could be a 9-7 team if we gel and get it together but not much more. No harm in that. But we're not a superbowl team and I won't be called a fair weather fan due to being pissed off about Monday night. I'm basing my observations on everything thus far, dating back to last year, YES the AFC Championship JETS!

The gameplans last year sucked ass. We need to do more than ground and pound. Too much is made out of "we ran it more and better than anyone in 2009". F-that. It's predictable and it doesn't work. Stretch the f'ing defense.

14. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I have been a Jet fan for nearly 40 years of mediocrity so I don't think I'm a fair weather fan. I've been saying all Summer that all the hype and swagger around the Jets was smoke and mirrors. All Monday Night did was validate my worst fears for how this season could play out. Sure it's far from over but it couldn't have started off much worse.

15. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Just like if we win Sunday; which I don't believe we will... all is not well. This team needs a consistent month of football. otherwise they're a .500 or 9-7 team most likely.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I am still surprised by some of the so called "fans" on here. The tendency to read so much doom and gloom into 1 loss is bizarre. Its a 1 pt loss to a team that is better than we are right now. We should have won the game. We made too many mistakes and we lost the game by a point. Get over it. Its hardly the end of days. This is a long season. We have a very good team and a very good CS. Some of you folks seriously need to get a grip. Didju guys think we were just gonna take our 2nd yr QB and 2nd yr Rb and roll over the NFL on our way to a Lombardi trophy???

I mean its really weird that anybody would just presume that this 9-7 team was suddenly going to be an unstoppable juggernaut. Fact is the Ravens are a better team right now. More balanced. Still we could have won the game. So.... get over all the moping and wake the fuk up. Its the NFL baby. Time to bounce back and kick Brady's ass all over the NMS. Get your heads outtta your rear ends and get back in the damned game.

17. Sixto

Sixto Member

I'm starting to think that this is all good.

Get everyone pissed off, add more pressure, and the team will stay focused.

Obviously very disappointed in the loss, but sometimes you need a kick in the pants to perform at your best.

And even if we're not GREAT, at least we're in the conversation again.

How many years did we just suck. We're now a hot commodity again, for whatever the reason.

Love having a coach who's different, and has some balls.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

As far as TGG goes, this is SOP. We drop the opener and all of a sudden we're going 0-16, the QB is a bust, and everyone is dying to point the finger at someone.

Frankly, most of the time I wish some of the posters on the verge of offing themselves would just go ahead and do it. If more of them decided to chug battery acid and dive down an elevator shaft onto a knife and some bullets then there would be a lot loss over-reacive bullshit.

19. GreenMatt14

GreenMatt14 Member

:shit:I'll elect to complain with the "who's tired of Joe Namath Guy":shit:

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Well, the last time we lost in week 1 and still made the playoffs was 2001, so...

But yeah, they should kill themselves and save the bandwidth all their awful posts use up.