Jets vs Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

They swept the AFC North last year, that means they beat the Ravens twice.

2. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

I advise you find a new board to troll on... just sayin yo

3. AZ_Patriot

AZ_Patriot New Member

Early pressure on the Jets and their fans. We'll see how they hold up. As far as the Jets/Pats game...take away Brady's extra 1.5 seconds and he's a very average Mr. Happy Feet. And the Pats go where he goes. But if gets the extra time...oh shit.

No need to panic....yet

Prediction

J.E.T.S. 17 Patriots 13 and I hope I'm wrong!

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

heh - why would there be pressure on the fans?

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Just a wild guess here, but these non-Boston Patriot fans will probably not be rooting for the Patriots when Tom Brady and Belidouche are gone. Remember all those 49er fans?

6. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Pandering to the Jets fans, nice. Take away 1.5 seconds from any QB in history and their stats would be average.

Pats 31 Jets 19

7. AZ_Patriot

AZ_Patriot New Member

"heh - why would there be pressure on the fans?"

Crazy high expectations, reality TV shows and just your general loony fanaticism by some.

The JETS defense is an outstanding championship caliber defense. They look to be up for the task even at this stage of the season. Your QB is the BIG question mark. Don't see any sign of a Field General yet. Maybe someday but...

8. patsfaninpittsburgh

Translation:

I'm a Jets fan and as usual; your posts are way over my head.

Please translate!

No problem sport, ya know..... like read the post I was responding to. See that guy's "logic".

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Pittsburgh? Was Massachusetts not racist enough for you?

10. patsfaninpittsburgh

No

Education and ambition means an individual can excel where opportunity is present. It's obvious that's a foreign concept.

Ofcourse, what can one expect from a site that names itself after a rotting skin disease and participants who would be rejected from "jersey Shore" for lack of intellect

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

What's "Jersey Shore"?

12. Jet Setters

Jet Setters New Member

Can the Jets get that offensive system?

13. Mehl-56

Concerns for Week 2 - Patriots

Defense, needs to be more disciplined and cut down on the penalties, and I don't see the point in blitzing every third and long just because. Cover someone, make a play and get off the field... The Pats are gonna throw the ball around the yard. They will set the run up off the pass, that's just how I see it...

Some other Concerns:
    Wilson - can they get him to get his head around and find the ball... overall last night his coverage wasn't bad

Cromartie - when will he get his god damned hands on a receiver at the LOS. If he's able to do this on a consistent basis, and stay physical at the LOS instead of relying on his other skills to recover after getting beat of the LOS, he'd be almost as good as Revis if you ask me.

Jenks - While he can't be replaced I worry about 2 things in his absence. Moral of the Defensive unit and an adverse affect on the pass rush. Our pass rush, in the 6 short plays we saw with him on the field was going to be noticeably better. Jenks demands double a triple teams and still is able to push the pocket and allow our edge rushers to be singled up and blitzers to come free. Pouha, while stout against the run, does not push the pocket nearly as well.

I'm also hoping to see Brodney Poole play this week.

As for our offense - God it was an awful, awful night and possibly the worst display of offense ever seen by me. They need to stop trying to be so god damned cute! Motion shift change the play... BULLSHIT, put your sack on the table! We came to run the friggin ball down your throat! Own who you want to be don't just talk a good game... FU@!#$% PLAY ONE. There is absolutely NO need to have a second year QB thinking that much... let him line up and play.

That's all I got for now - discuss

Ellis

#113 Mehl-56, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  14. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

i doubt the PI penalties will be as big of a problem no matter what. we won't have the ticky tacky Walt Anderson crew next week

15. 12 > 4

12 > 4 New Member

My only concern is my internet going out after the Jets lose again on Sunday and not being able to enjoy the sky is falling routine that follows after every Jets loss on this board.

16. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I honestly see it being very difficult to stop Welker.

17. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Knowing the jets, this is the type of game we win.

we expect to lose after this letdown but then we see a jeykll and hyde display by this team.

anyways, one thing that should be noted. Pats front 7 is nowhere as good as the ravens. We can run on this team. that'll open up things in the passing game. you can point to the YPC and say we ran effectively but that number was skewed by big runs. It's like we either ran for 2 yards or 20 everytime...mostly 2 yards

people forget how dominant the ravens run D is, and has been. we'll be able to ground and pound a lot more effectively and control the ball. Fuckin greene just needs to hold onto the football. I expect more play action this game

18. Mehl-56

Edit - Deleted

19. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

How can we score enough points to beat them is the question. Brady and co is better than flacco and co, and Brady picks up blitzes pretty well.

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Interesting perspective. However last time that Flacco & Co. played Brady & Co. Flacco & Co. Beat the living begeezus out of Brady & Co. 33-14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.