Jets vs Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeleton_frames

Exactly right. Let's face it, the Jets D played OK last night (not great in my opinion, I mean look @ 3rd down). But if the offence isn't miles better, they can't beat anyone let alone the Pats. Brady's motivated by all of Rex's bullshit and will be looking to show them up, plus you've got one of the best coaches in the game planning for this one.

Sanchez looked like a kicked dog last night, he was soooo scared to do something wrong. He looked like a guy who wanted someone else to make the big play so he didn't have to.

Go Jets, but I have a feeling we'll be regrouping after an 0-2 start.

2. Ted

Ted Member

Yes the Bengals are over rated. They started hot at 6-2 but went 3-5 the second half. The three wins were against Detroit, Cleveland and KC.

For comparisons sake, the Lions started 2008 6-2 then lost 25 games in a row. The Benglas are by no means the Lions but they are not the great team that many make them out to be.

3. Ted

Ted Member

There is a lot of pressure on the Jets to win this week. If they don't the talk about teams that go 0-2 don't make the Super Bowl. A big deal because many in the media picked the Jets as a favorite. You know the scrutiny will be intense if they lose and then they play in Miami in the Dolphins home opener. This week will tell a lot about this team and this season.

4. clickclack

clickclack Member

Jets are gonna get their clock cleaned, this offense is a complete disaster.

Brady is gonna slice and dice Cromartie and Wilson next week.

5. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

thanks for your insightful contribution troll.

6. Ted

Ted Member

One adjustment I think your defense needs is not being so predictable. Everyone knows the house is coming on 3rd and long. That won't work against Brady.

7. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

there is no way crom can cover welker. last night crom was exposed as he had been with SD for being slow in and out of his hip turns, which just happens to be welkers speciallity. wilson will have to cover welker, he's quicker. crom will have to cover the faster and bigger tate. that leaves our linebackers on their tight ends, which isn't good news either. they have 2 rookies but they have been game wreckers so far. one with speed like a reciever and the other with decent speed and 6ft 6 inches with good hands.

this game could get ugly. crom slow in and out of cuts against a tate guy that is very fast in his cuts. big fast tightends and a rookie trying to cover welker. not good. something has to happen to brady, or it's 0-2 start and facing 2 away games!

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We must beat them tho, if we can straighten out the penatlties we can hold the Patriots to 14 points or less. But can we score that much? idfk

9. patsfaninpittsburgh

All coming from a fan of a team whose coach thought they were eliminated in week 14, were given two victories to make the playoffs, and got to the AFCCG because an all pro kicker missed several easy FG's.

Thanks for the analysis and history.

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

All this coming from a fan who's "dynasty" began with a bullshit call, who won 2 superbowls largely due to his kicker, and one in particular because the other idiot kicker shanked a kickoff out of bounds.

Can go back and forth all day on how teams got there, the more relevant point is: We played while your team did not. :pats_suck:

11. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Jesus I hate these arguments and I'm quite sick of it. What's worse, so called analysts are using these very same arguments to take away any Jets achievement during 2009.

Colts and Bengals did rest their starters. Against the colts, the game was close before peyton left, and we blew out the bengals even from the beginning when their starters were playing. they decided to rest their starters once they realized that they were playing for nothing and couldn't match the Jets' physicality in the cold evening. YOU DON'T KNOW WHO WOULD'VE WON SO YOU CAN'T CALL THE JETS SEASON 7-9 CUZ THOSE TEAMS RESTED THEIR STARTERS.

Regarding Nate Kaeding's misses, Critical errors by All-Pros are part of the game you idiot.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I watched about the first twenty minutes of the Pats Bengals game, and it was clear the Bungles were playing poorly, especially on D. Having said htat it was also quite an efficient performance by the NE passing attack. I wondered whether the NE O line would show any drop off, and it was hard to tell against Cincy. Didn't see any but maybe it shows against the Jets.

But even if the Pats don't score as much against the Jet D, as others have noted unless the Jets get their O on track it won't matter. The NE D will be serviceable. Not as good as the Ravens, but still good.

Hard to see NE losing this game.

13. jandey2k

jandey2k New Member

You know. It's crazy how after one game. We as Jet fans start talking like it's over, myself included. We have to have confidence that the head coach will put this thing together. We have enough Jets haters out there, and I refuse to be one of them. All any Jet hater has to do is come to this forum and read what we are saying and start laughing. "Damn even their fans gave up on them" when you let doubt in it spreads like a cancer. I think last year we didn't expect much, so the little we got we were grateful for. So we hit a bump, that's ok. let's wait until the season progresses and then take it from there. Yes we have the Patriots next week. Yes they are a good team, but you know what so are we. Honestly speaking, I think we are capable of beating any team in front of us. And I will continue to believe that until we lose. But hey, that’s just me

14. Blanda

Blanda New Member

Jets Need a new QB

Whoa there folks don't forget about the 2 new rookie tight ends the Patriots have unleashed, both were absolute steals in the draft. Those 2 have WR speed and when they spread the line they will kill the defense. Watched both teams play this weekend. Patriots 42 - Jets 31. Patriots offense just too powerful and Sanchez cannot keep that type of pace, Sanchez is another Tony Romo....

15. Blanda

Blanda New Member

Totally agree with you. The Patriots offense reminds me of the Colts when they could score in less than 20-40 seconds. Tons of speed, too many good receivers to cover. They will put up a lot of points against any team and they have a young swarming very fast defense. Even if they give up 3-4 touchdowns they still will outscore you. Scary offense, Cincy was lucky they did not run up the score...

16. Blanda

Blanda New Member

Pats 42 - Jets 31

17. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Jesus Christ. How many times are we going to hear about scary offenses blowing up our defense and how many times must we prove that shit wrong. I'm not sure which is more inane, that you think ANYONE is putting up 40+ points on the Jets D or that you think the current state of our offense is putting up 31.

18. hendersg

hendersg New Member

Patriots 40
    Jets - 3

19. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

As long as Brady stays upright, he should have a good day against the Jet secondary. Cromartie and Wilson showed last night they have major deficiencies. Cro can't defend 2-way go routes in the slot and Wilson is just a rookie(while he has a lot of promise) who hasn't been around the block yet. I see Tate blowing by him like Boldin did last night. Gronkowski and Hernandez also prevent problems for the LBs and safeties in coverage.

That being said, the Jets will shut down any running game the Pats might try to have. They have made a concerted effort to run the ball more this year by having multiple TE sets on the field much more. Alge Crumpler will help more, but not this week.

It will be a close game, but the difference between this game and last year's game at the old Meadowlands is Wes Welker. They didn't have him and it really hurt #12. The Pats' D will do enough to really limit Sanchez.

Pats 24
    Jets 17

20. Jet Setters

Jet Setters New Member

Welker makes Brady look good, even this Pats fan admitted it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.