17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Pics of all your Jets shit or I call Hornet.

40 tix?

2. basketballjones72

basketballjones72 New Member

My how this thread has changed....

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Paranoia is a fear of the imagined. It is therefore not paranoia to fear that the future may hold exactly what's actually happened recently and repeatedly. 8 years worth.

I've recanted 'till I'm blue in the face about what happened to our MEZZ seats the day Woody took over. He hiked our seats an average of 10% per year for 8 years. Principle doubles in 7.5 years with repetitive, consecutive 10% add-ons. Do the math. I therefore think you're dead wrong about this being paranoia. This is going to be your reality, friend. You should have strongly considered this before purchasing the cockamamie thing. So do not be surprised when it happens. Not a question of if, it's a question of when. Take it to the bank. You are dead wrong about this being paranoia. In fact, I submit you're living in denial.

You're wrong again. Recent history shows us that Woody could care less about the secondary market. The PSLs were WAY overpriced right out of the box (and still are, IMO), even with the price reductions. And this, in the midst of a severe, relentless economic downturn. They still don't have all the PSLs sold after 16 months of what is probably the most determined and relentless sales push in the history of all sports. You'd be hard pressed to find any other team in this or any other market that pushed harder to get these cockamamie, overpriced things sold.

So yes, the Jets need to get butts in the seats and might be slightly reluctant to hit the price-increase button this coming May. But make no mistake that it's on the agenda and Priority One is hiking the PSL seats, especially "getting even" with those PSLs that had to be reduced. They're the ones that got sold "on the cheap" (in Woody's eyes) and therefore the ones that need the 10% add-on priced in as soon as possible.

4. Section 227. Row 5

You only joined in July. Has the thread changed that much in 40 days?

5. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Controlling 40 tickets does not necessarily mean he is a broker. Not counting PSL costs, that would cost about $50K per year. For many companies that have sales operations, that is not a huge number. From my experience with two employers that need to entertain clients, there is usually a guy in charge of such things (along with his real job). At my old company, our guy just enjoyed the wheeling and dealing that went along with keeping our clients/execs happy.

6. Section 227. Row 5

You had no tickets in your name last year. You bought Row Ones in Section 228 from the STHer, remember? Then sold most of the games. Remember? Any other tickets you're talking about were in your BILs name, remember?

What the hell makes you think no one around here has a memory? You came on this board and into this thread in July 2009, after the Jets made their first round of calls to the seniority people in June, so you weren't even around for that, the reason being, you had no seniority and no tickets "in your name."

I mean, you must be one hell of a bond salesman. You think everyone else in the world is a dumbass compared to you. If only you knew what you look like to others when you make your outlandish comments, you'd laugh at yourself harder than we do. Your clients, if you have any left, will put up with this shit one time only, and after that, they'll lose your number. Time to start looking for another career, because if you treat your clients with as much insult to their intelligence and as much disrespect to their memory as you exhibit here, you need to find the next Woody Johnson to work for. Somebody, somewhere, is out there is looking for you.

7. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

40 tickets? or 4 season tickets X 10 games? I believe you said it was the latter. Saying you had 40 tickets makes it sound like you had 40 season tickets which is a big difference.

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I never said he was, I just asked. It's not like its never been suspected before.

Plus that is a completely new version of his past now, he didn't have any tickets in his name until last year. At least that was the first story given.

Months later he had control of 40 tickets not just 2. Yes I realize control of does not mean they're in his name.

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Not exactly, Paranoia is a tendency toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others. Prices went up that much in the past because people were willing to pay them. For years Jets tickets were way under market value because A) they were cheaper than casual fans were willing to pay and B) there was restricted supply because people kept the tickets in the family and didn't resell them as much. Now the tickets are fully and overvalued, if they hike prices by any appreciable amount there will be a shitstorm the Jets don't want to deal with

10. Section 227. Row 5

I disagree. Whenever I couldn't go to a game, I rarely made a profit on a sale most years. Don't forget, we're talking 25 years of experience... the Kotite years, etc. You're 4-9 and trying to sell the tickets. How much of a loss is that and how much did it affect the average selling price overall? Throw worthless preseason games into the mix, bad weather and 15% commission on StubHub and now how much cheaper than market are they?

But don't take my word on it. You'll find out in the long run how much fun it is trying to unload these overpriced things. I can't iomagine trying to factor a PSL into the pricing. Forget about it.

There will be no shitstorm. The Jets don't have to worry about any shitstorms from 70% of their ticketholders. There is nothing the owner of a PSL can do about it. What are you going to do... contact "Fox News On Your Side" and complain to one of the reporters? Call the Star-Ledger? Write a letter to Woody Johnson? The Better Business Bureau? You agreed to buy season tickets at whatever price they are issued at. If you do not buy them, you forfeit your PSL. Simple as that. So you get the bill in the mail and you pay it. If the increase is too much, you can always sell your PSL. But the buyer is now aware of the price increases too, so he offers you less than you have "invested" in your PSL because he's no fool and doesn't want to deal with Woody's shit either.

It's all one big LOSER. Truth be known, every seat in the stadium is overpriced, especially the PSL seats (and going even higher). I've said it before. We are the ultimate purchasers of these tickets. They've been retailed to us at the highest retail price imaginable. There are no stops after us. We all paid full retail and resale is an impossibility, unless you were fortunate enough to buy rows 1-4 in the Upper Prime Sidelines, probably the best seats in the house for the money.

11. GordonGecko

I agree with you that Woody has you by the balls with the PSL and no language protecting you from future big price increases, but I'm looking at it from their end. Sure they want to maximize revenue but there is a point where people walk away. Those that have multi year payment plans (majority of people?) may choose to default and walk away, and the Jets don't need the legal fees to deal with that. The less they hike, the less problem with this they have.

Then you have the problem with alienating your best fans, who buy merchandise, concessions, extra tickets for their family, etc.. If you piss them off enough they will lose revenue and that has to be balanced against the marginal increase in ticket revenue. They could also have to defend legal battles against angry PSL owners even if they ultimately don't have a case.

I understand you had Mezz tickets, which were some of the more expensive seats at the old place. You had to compete with other people selling their $60-$80 seats so yeah you were at a disadvantage. But most other sections had it easy to unload tickets (at the start of the season at least)

12. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

There's definitely a fine line the Jets will have when it comes to price increases. Increase them too much and they will have a lot of people walking away from their PSL payments (ethics aside about whether that's the right or wrong thing to do from a responsibility standpoint). The problem would then become if they can't get people who have paid towards a PSL to buy their tickets, how could they convince a new person (who knows about the price increase like 227 said) to pay for tickets and assume the PSL?

13. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Even if people don't default on their PSL payments, a good percentage of the PSL's were in $2,500 sections. People in the cheap seats have the most ability to walk away. Even if we don't default on the PSL itself, walking away from the seats could be doable if the Jets engage in price gouging.

In this economy, they want people in seats for TV reasons. They know times are tough. I figure 3-5% avg annual price increase - max.

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I had four seats in my name and my name alone last year. I was the season ticketholder. for four row one seats. My mezz row one seats were a better row than 227 and closer to 50 yard line than 227, I sold 18 tickets in that seat at a slight loss. Mezz sucks big. 227 had worse seats than I had in Mezz so his seats were most likely a bigger loss to sell.

My two row one lower level 40 yard line seats last year at $105 a ticket were pure gold. Since I bought alone even if I went to all ten games I still had 30 tickets to sell, or find someone to go with. Since I could not make all games I ended up selling a lot.

This year I still have a lot of seats. I am selling games I can't make and some games where I am sitting in my row 5 UD 30 yard line seats I picked up when they had the individual seat sale.

If 227 had $105 row one 40 yard line last year he would have a completely different impression of seat sales. Mezz has no wow factor in old stadium. Some people in my row were selling big games for as almost $500 a ticket last year. With a $105 face, meanwhile Mezz had $15 military specials.

PSL sales pitch was you can buy best seats with easy sales, they also threw in as swag for PSL buyers who wheeled and dealed good UD seats. Plenty of people bought two great PSL seats, took great UD seats and sell big games for PSL seats and sit upstairs.

I like my row 5 UD 30 yard line seats I bought for a few games, I think I may ask for them next year as my season tickets. They are really row one of UD sidleine.

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

four seats in my name are 40 tickets. Not 40 seats. I had seats before not in my name on purpose. I was called for seats years ago. But what you can do is ask to remain on waiting list and refuse seats. I did that for a few years. Then when I became the first person called for seats after refusing for a few years as I had a single digit wait list number I bought four row one seats.

They are there rules not mine.

16. GordonGecko

17. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Trying to follow this ROJF Vs the gang green world is like sitting on the couch with my wife trying to follow those confusing soap opera's that she watches. I just give up after a couple of mins!

18. Section 227. Row 5

I can see that happening for 2011, seeing as how the invoices will be going out in May. As far as this talk about defaulting on the PSLs and "walking away," I still don't understand the intricasies of that.

Is the language in the PSL contract not specific enough as to what remedies the Jets have if someone defaults? Do the PSL contracts not spell out what will happen if XYZ is not performed by the buyer? Someone who has read the contracts needs to explain this to me. I'm not asking facetiously or rhetorically now, I'm seriously interested in knowing why several on this board continue to assume that "walking away" is a viable option. Maybe you know something we don't know. Someone explain it to me please!

19. Section 227. Row 5

I had 1,000 tickets in my name. That's right. One Thousand.

4 seats x 10 games = 40 x 25 years = 1,000.

LOL...

20. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

There is nothing in the contract that states the Jets will go after you for the remaining PSL balance. All it states is that you will lose your seats and all money that has been paid towards your PSL. Another thing people have stated is the fact the Jets did not require too much information when signing up. No ss number needed, DOB, and no way to actually know if the name given to set up an account was actually the correct person. Now I am not saying the Jets won't go after somebody for an unpaid PSL balance but if they did plan to do so they didn't do too much planning before starting this whole PSL process imo. I guess only time will tell how bad this whole PSL situation will turn out in the long run, for both the STH's and for the NY Jets.

#10060 GrindHouse, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010