The Official Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Kenny

Kenny New Member

This is what they wanted, get a ton of money the first 2-3 years of the deal then they can hit the jackpot again in 2-3 years after he pocketed 40 mill

2. ........

........ Trolls

There was a 4 year 40 million dollar deal on the table. You're telling me 6 million on a 4 year deal wasn't going to happen? The agents dicked them around on total money, hoping the Jets would eventually panic. I guarantee Tanny bumped that number up to get it close to the 12 million per before that 2nd Roscoe's meeting.

As far as the guarantees, I'd guess the Jets were trying to get Revis' agents to sign off on a deal similar to Brick's as far as 'guarantees' (due to the lack of ability to fully guarantee contract amounts). When the agents wouldn't, Tanny came up with the OB mechanism. We don't know for sure exactly when that happened, but Tanny's a right smart cunt. I'm sure he figured that one out in advance and went to it well before Labor Day Weekend.

3. ........

........ Trolls

He's not holding out again in 2 years. The Jets will seek to renegotiate in 3 years because it's good for them to sign him before he hits free agency. Team Revis will seek to renegotiate in 3 years because they can clear the $6 million off the prorated bonus for expected play and bump his base salary up while clearing a fresh SB and new guarantees.

Either way, the important thing is that he's stuck for 4 years, period, and he can't impede contract negotiations for Brick, Mangold, and Harris again.

4. ........

........ Trolls

Nothing but 60 straight minutes of cock shots. You'll be in heaven.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

What i'm saying is that the offer they agreed to was never on the table.

the 4/40 was offered but as I said before, the JETS offered a small guarantee and absolutely refused to negotiate on it...that was the sticking point.

Revis wanted more upfront but the JETS we're playing cheap and went with that BS about negotiating the guarantee at the end to cover their ass with the media.

6. ........

........ Trolls

I'm curious how you know exactly what was on the table. I know of three deals, which were mentioned prior to the blackout. I have no idea what else was talked about between Tanny and F&S, especially after the blackout was concerned.

And if you think the Jets were playing cheap, you haven't been paying attention. They can't outright guarantee future money this year. Period. They weren't about to give all that guaranteed money in a signing bonus to a guy who has shown a tendency to hold out.

7. Royal Tee

Well ironically that was actually my initial point ,
    NO ONE knows what was on the table....except for what we've seen and read and for TB to say that offer was there without any merit is kinda BS.

But if that offer was there, WE'D ALL KNOW ABOUT IT.

here's what I DO know:

Which is why I kinda laugh when people start crying about another holdout, what was offered, etc...
    The info is there but people wanna just draw baseless conclusions without reading or gathering some facts.

#1967 Royal Tee, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I know what's on the table. 1 serving of broken faces, and a double baked opponent secondary.

Oh, wrapped in bacon.

9. Royal Tee

:beer: Bacon is a fukin MUST !!!!!

10. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed the show covered mostly guys who we all know are going to get cut. I mean, really, who gives a fuck about them. I want to see and hear the guys who make the 53 roster.

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

There's no storyline there, they can't show them doing things correctly. That'd be like an advanced scouting report.

But yeah it would have been nice to see at least some interviews.

12. Royal Tee

Actually the show was always like that...
    and I actually like that.

I remmebr the 1st season when they were covering this TE who was fukin up..turns out to become a pretty damn good TE named Heap.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

what a awesome way to end hard knocks

On the 36th day he rose again

REVIS

[​IMG]

14. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

dude stop trolling the forums.

15. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

yeah, as a Jets fan tho I would have loved to watch all the behind the scenes footage of all the Jets who actually play during the season. I know that's not what Hard Knocks is about, but it is what I wanted to see more of.

16. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Jason Davis...oh diddums

17. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Sorta bummed they didn't show Rex at Revis' house and how that all transpired.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Heap was expected to be really good though as he was a 1st rd pick, he wasn't in any danger of being cut.

Most fans across the Country aren't following our moves day to day like we are so they probably didn't know who was going to get cut like we did. It takes a little away from us but the overall experience was far greater for Jet fans than non Jet fans.

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Don't have HBO, didn't see the show, but noticed a comment on the main page from Jason Davis. Actually there are about 10 posts from Davis...

And I see Clowney is headed to KC for a workout?

20. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

It's a good thing that Clowney communicates mainly via Twitter because I'll be dammed if I understood more than 25% of what he said yesterday.