The Official Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Aug 7, 2010.

1. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

one thing for sure.

the negative publicity these retard agents got from the highest rated HK ever won't certainly help them gain more top-tier clients in the future.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I wonder if Vincent Jackson watched this last episode and thought, oh shit these guys are a bunch of morons.

3. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

i hope no one needed to see that to know those agents are morons.

4. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

i was hoping we'd see more of the negotiations, but the media blackout blew hard.

5. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

I loved every moment of that, Rex took control of the situation and put those idiots in their place.

In other news, Jason Davis lost his mind in training camp. In the first episode, he seemed like a nice guy. In the last he was as bitter as it gets.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He lost his job.

How would you feel?

7. Kenny

Kenny New Member

How moronic can they be they got there player who was making 6 mill in the next 2 years to make 32 million dollars in that span.

8. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

Yeah, but he's not helping his cause in ever finding a job elsewhere. I mean seriously, he turns down plays in practice? In the NFL? That's just stupid.

That said, I'm not sure why they didn't release him sooner and give him a chance to go elsewhere.

9. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Because the Jets had that offer on the table for months. Because the Jets, not the agents re-opened contract extension talks. How moronic can some Jets fans be is more to the point.

10. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

exactly. Revis and his camp were bluffing the whole time, and in the end caved.

is Revis getting 16 million a year?

11. ........

........ Trolls

Had to watch the show late on DVR and just finished. Fucking amazing. This has been by far the best Hard Knocks yet, and it ended beautifully. A couple of things:

- The Jets handled the Revis negotiation PERFECTLY. I don't get how anyone can complain about the Jets side one bit. They said all the right things: We won't cave. We won't cave after Week 2. We won't cave after this season. They intimidated the fuck out of the agents. I was impressed with both Tanny and Woody through all of that. Truth be told, if his agents hadn't been bluffing, this WOULD have been ugly later, but Tanny had to know deep down that they were.

fenwyr put my thoughts perfectly:

I kept on thinking, "this is a money squeeze." They were trying to get what they could before sacrificing their shot and the season. They had no shot at getting a solid deal next year, and they couldn't have felt good about where the Jets stood once the season started. They took what they could. A good agent would have gotten it done sooner. They're not good agents, and they're fucked now.

My other favorite comment. Let me know when it's done, because I want to worship there fortnightly.

12. ........

........ Trolls

A better agent would have gotten that deal done in May. That's how. They played coy with their fake offers and figured the only way to get his contract was this stupid timebomb poker match.

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Now you're just making stuff up because That was NOT one of the offers on the table also the JETS offed a small guarantee and refused to negotiate guaranteed money and that's the reason the deal didn't get done sooner.

14. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I also think they could have negotiated up from the 10/120 deal. Maybe not to much on total money, but on up front money. Now their client has to go through this again in 3-4 years, and there is no way in hell he got as much up front for a 4 year deal as he would have a 10. If he gets a career anding injury over the next couple years, Revis is out double digit millions from what was on the table.

15. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Thank you for clearing that up Geiger.

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

So much for me flying under the radar huh? :smile:

but 1 thing I do agree with, the Agents were an absolute bag of dicks.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

was this episdode warth watchin? i was out partyin but like how was it? did they show the Revis signing, and Rex going to south beach?

18. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Why wouldn't it be worth watching

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

idk im like to confused wat else happen. did they sho negotions?

20. kid_b

kid_b New Member

It'll probably be better in the morning, big guy. They didn't show actual negotiations except Rex flipping out on one of Revis' agents on the phone (which has been mentioned many times in this thread already).

Great episode. Can we start a petition to make sure this gets a DVD release?