Worth more, Ryan or revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by njjet, Aug 15, 2010.

?

Worth more revis or Ryan?

1. Revis

23 vote(s)
    12.4%
  2. Ryan

162 vote(s)
    87.6%
  1. GeorgeBaha

GeorgeBaha New Member

Rex2009

A Coach who butchers the roster of a team that went to the AFC championship game is Rediculous.

A Coach who puts a bullseye on his team all season is rediculous.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

ok who let the dolphins moron onto the site

3. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Typical idiot Dolfag fan. He can't spell, what a freaking clown!

4. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Ooh, let me feed the troll!

First of all, how the hell would you know how much coaching Rex Ryan has done? I imagine he spends most of every day coaching and developing his players... hence why he moved the team to Cortland for training camp.

Second, a smart organization doesn't keep the same team from a year in which they were clearly outmatched in certain areas against the better teams in the league. Manning was able to pick apart our defense, as was Brees and Brady to some extent. A good coach believes in his ability to bring in talented players and get them to play as a team.

Third, you don't know shit George. Go back to jerking off to your Bill Belichick poster.

5. GordonGecko

Hold on now, you're Mike Francessa aren't you???

6. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Personally, I think Rex stepped in shit when he got this team with a Revis on it which is why he's been so vocal and arrogant from the start. There's only going to be one of these guys in his coaching lifetime - and that was coming from coaching Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, etc.
    I'm in the minority but, I'm going Revis. The guy is the best player on the team by far, perhaps the best Jet in 20+ years.

7. GordonGecko

Best does not equal most important

8. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I think Woodhead is more important than Sutton.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

OK, lets be honest here. We had a really good team last year. Nobody in their right mind had us reaching even the AFCCG. We were a 9-7 team last year. Im not gonna go into details about the last two regular season game. Do u really expect a 9-7 team to be super bowl bound? Yes, we have the potential, but there was plenty of room for improvement.

Oh, and the 7 TD thing u just uttered is pretty ridiculous. You are saying that Sanchez should jump to a 19 td against 13 int season without any roster changes where we have no #3 WR. 19 td to 13 int is very doable now and he may have an even better year than that, but we needed the changes.

9-7 team is not considered SUCH a good team. Teams have missed out on playoffs with even an 11-5 record. Also, the 9-7 team just got a year older. We cut the years, but kept the players that gained one year of experience, rather than one year of down-the-hill production.

Sanchez needed protection and a safety blanket. Faneca nearly had Sanchez killed last year on several occasions and he was NOT going to get better. So we tried to make Sanchez better by giving him a new player at the LG. Slauson may just be a better pass protector than Faneca and he (Slauson) WILL get better as the season goes by.

WTF are you talking about? What half the roster? Lets start from the offense. We have Shonn Greene as a new starter, but he took the load in the playoffs anyways and he WAS the reason we made the AFCCG. Then we added Santonio and cut Clowney, an obvious upgrade. Next, we'll be starting Slauson and I've already discussed that. We let TRich go, but he wasn't getting younger. We may still bring him back as I think he is vital in team chemistry, but John Connor seems to be the real deal.

On D, we added Cromartie in place of Lito. He was injured half the year so Cro is an obvious upgrade no matter how you look at it. We let Strickland go but added Kyle Wilson, another obvious upgrade since Strickland couldn't stay on the field. We let Kiera go cuz she was the weakest link on our pass protection and added a hard hitting safety. We didn't really lose any LB, but added JT for the pass rush late in the 3rd and 4th quarter and/or 3rd downs. We let Douglas go, who couldn't even make on the Dolphins line and it seems like Gholston has progressed at least a little.

We let Feely walk, but Folk has played very good in the pre season so far. Where the, excuse my language, f do you see we should have stayed put?

Every team changes its roster every freaking year. What's different about the Jets???

Dude, you just pissed me off with that comment. How the fuck u know if Rex has done any coaching or not? Haven't u seen Woody so excited about having Rex in here? Im sure a guy who has more than a billion invested in this team would care what Rex is doing. If he needed a standup comedian, he could have picked up anyone from the Improv.

On one hand, you claim we haven't played a real game and know nothing about this team. On the other hand, you are claiming that we saw a glimpse and it is not good. What do you really think? And there will be 31 teams that won't win the championship and the odds are, we would be one of them. Its not the end of the world if we don't win the SB, but we certainly have the potential.

I'm willing to bet you are wrong. Jets just gave Rex an extension (3 years extension I believe). Not sure who ur source is.

I don't know about that. What I've heard is that there are players that are willing to play FOR the Jets. Tells me players like his style. Jets have a chip on their shoulder and they will play harder themselves. Im sure other teams have their own priorities, rather than infuriating over a Ryans comments. Teams are not initimidated by such talks. If they did, they are the ones losing focus, not the Jets.

Your whole theory is total BULL SHIT!

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I'm guessing you think Rex doesn't want Revis here, hence you are blaming Rex for the whole saga (that is probably over by now anyways, thanks to Rex).

11. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Rex got Revis back for the Jets. He's the best.

12. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

Ryan, it's a no brainer...with 1 Ryan I can ALWAYS get @ least 1 revis.

13. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

only a good coach can get a good player to reach his potential. Ryan.

14. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Ryan is without a doubt our best asset. He has a way of inspiring his team to their potential and beyond. He impacts the whole team. Revis is great but he's only an island, Rex is a damn nation!